Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ohio
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I, and 9 other friends, spent 1 night at this hotel before attending a craft show that was in the area the next day. Although we didn't take advantage of many of the amenities, this hotel had everything we wanted. We had rented 5 rooms, and everyone was quite happy with theirs. The rooms were spacious, very clean and had great amenities. The front desk people were knowledgeable about the area and quite friendly. They offered us use of the common area for us all to get together and have a few beverages. We ended up just getting together in one of the rooms, but it was a nice offer. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel Oct 18-20 and the words I have for the stay are nothing short of Excellent. As usual I checked out the hotel on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. When we arrived at 11pm the front desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating. The room were very clean and bed comfortable to the point I did not want to get up the next morning. After attending the Youngstown v. Western football game it was nice to come back to the hotel and relax after being in the cold and rain for hours. Finally, the best part of the stay was surprisingly the Free Breakfast believe it or not it was worth paying for the best!! The selection of breakfast food was great, hot and tasty it even satisfied my 17 and 22 yr old kids. Thanks.

Room Tip: I think any room will be fine. I stayed in 324 & 325.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you Yetta1223 for such an amazing review of our property! Our award winning service does really show when we read reviews like yours! I'm so excited to show the staff your comments as a fantastic job well done and a win for our team!! I hope your travels bring you back to the Youngstown area again in the future and decide to stay with us! Thank you again for being such a valued guest of ours and help us be the number 1 hotel in the Youngstown area !
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We needed a place to stay after a long drive thru PA and I read the previous Trip Advisor reviews about this hotel. It really is as nice as most of the comments suggest. I was impressed with the staff, the welcoming candies, the bottled water and the many tolietries in our room. The hotel is clean, comfortable and convenient. Will stay there again when we pass thru to visit relatives in Dublin Ohio.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you ConnieB for the review of our award winning hotel! I am glad to see that our hard work pays off when I read the reviews like yours. I will share the comments with the staff and we look forward to your return on your next trip!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a great hotel in a ideal location for coffee shops, restaurants, and easy access of the interstate. It is within feet of a family style restaurant, gas, and fast food. The hotel is clean and rooms are rather spacious. Check in was great with a wonderful welcome by Rudy--who does his job extremely well. My only complaint was the somewhat rude female on duty during the night shift. She is a cookie Nazi. So, the hotel offers free cookies and it had been a long day. I wanted two cookies and got the look of death from the lady behind the desk. Really? I paid almost $150 for a night at this hotel--I think taking two (or three!) cookies should not be treated as a crime. She made me angry. Other than that, I would recommend this location highly. It seemed a little pricey to me, but I enjoyed my stay. And, I hope the cookie Nazi never takes more than one free cookie.

Room Tip: I stayed in a king room and loved it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The experience started at the reception desk. We arrived early and the general manager checked to see if a clean room was available (they were sold out from the night before). Next to the manager was a gentleman on the phone giving his apologies for having no rooms available for the evening, and then, from memory, gave the names and numbers of three other local hotels the person could call. We checked in early to a spotless room with gratitude. After a swim in the pool, we wanted to wash our clothes but the washing machine was not working. No worries! The housekeeping staff washed our load of laundry at no charge in their facilities. A great breakfast bar awaited us in the morning, as well as a friendly send off from the staff, including the general manager. This hotel by far was the best experience I have had as a Priority Club member through IHG. Simply impressive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 15 September 2013

me and my mom stayed at your hotel on the way back from ct and it was a very clean and the beds where comfy we stayed on sept 5 and we had a great nights sleep and breakfast was terrific love it tracey

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear 487ginger45,

Thank you for a great review! We always strive to satisfy every guest and it is rewarding to us when we do! We are so glad you've enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your comments to our staff as a job well done! Come back to see us soon!
Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This HIE is actually in Austintown," just west of Youngstown, Ohio. Perfect location for a layover when traveling from Philadelphia to Chicago. New, clean, great staff, comfortable beds, and a myriad of choices for included breakfast, including eggs, sausage or bacon, hash browns, and much much more. We stayed on our way westbound and on our way back. Also offers a"Manager's Reception" on certain days which includes wine, beer and hors d'oeurves.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Bannyrose,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are always glad to see our valued guests satisfied and their comments, like yours are what show us that hard work does pay off. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip out west!