“A downtown treasure”

De Yor Performing Arts Center
Ranked #12 of 41 things to do in Youngstown
Reviewed 27 October 2012

First let me state that anyone who refuses to go downtown because it's "not safe" is living in the 60's or 70's. Our downtown has been cleaned up, renovated, and is growing in leaps and bounds with show venues, restaurants, classy bars, etc. We have had the pleasure of seeing shows at DeYor on several occasions. We have seen ventriloquist Terry Fator in the Ford Family Recital Hall which has incredible seating. We have enjoyed many performances in the Powers Auditorium which is huge, comfortable and has a great sound system. Make a night of it by trying out one of the many nearby restaurants before the show. You will be pleasantly surprised and yes, SAFE.

2  Thank busybeaver

Reviewed 17 June 2012

They put on great shows,acts .The cost very reasonable for the Mahoning Valley.not to far from my home.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

The De Yor performing arts center houses the old Powers Auditorium. It was originally built in the '30s and was renovated in the 1960's. I have seen public speakers as well as the Nutcracker Ballet. A friend of the family even had their wedding reception there when I was younger. I think architecturally it is a really unique building and I'm glad that the Youngstown community supports it! Check their website to see what performances are scheduled, should be very enjoyable!

2  Thank LaBanane926