“great historic home in Youngstown”
Review of Arms Family Museum

Arms Family Museum
Ranked #12 of 39 things to do in Youngstown
Youngstown, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great historic home in Youngstown”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This a great place to visit. It was very inspiring . They always have a wonderful Christmas display at Christmas time. Love the old furnishings and how the house is display like back In the olden days.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Roberta C

Ohio
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Seasonal Christmas display...”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My family and I visited the Arms Family Museum during the Christmas season to view the holiday decorations and displays. The displays are very ornate and beautifully detailed. I was impressed with their collection of antique, vintage and modern Christmas collectibles. There is a good amount of things to see.

One area that I was not impressed with was the uptight and unwelcoming behavior of some of the staff. Most rooms are manned with a museum docent who watch you very closely, which I understand why. But it can get a little uncomfortable if they are too overzealous in their duties. My family and I tried asking polite questions to ease the awkwardness of being stared at. When I asked about the decor of one particular room, the docent acted as if he didn't want to answer me and suggested I pay for a guided tour in the future! (We each paid a $6 admission) I even said "Hello" to another, who just stared at me blankly. I could just laugh thinking about it...

This museum does not allow photography.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank LaBanane926
Niles, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Arts and Crafts gem!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I love this place! It is truly an architectural gem, right in the heart of Youngstown. The visitor learns about the history of the home, the Arms family who lived in it, and local history. Group and walk-in tours are available. The museum also boasts a hands-on history room, for those who enjoy interacting with history.

Visited May 2013
ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“History lesson”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

If you want to learn more about the Youngstown area and architecture take this tour. It is only $4 and you can stay as long as you would like to peruse all the displays. Very interesting and a hidden gem!

Visited April 2013