“The only pizza we get.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In 1967, Pasquate “Patsy” Acconcia operated a pizza shop in Youngstown. When he decided to make the move to the present Austintown location he took on a partner, Fernando Riccioni. For the next 20 years Fernando and Patsy worked daily to develop the recipes they are still using today.The dough process begins every morning at 6:00 a.m. and continues through the late morning and early afternoon. Our pizzas are made to order fresh daily with a variety of unique toppings along with our special recipe sauce and our homemade sausage.We don’t do anything fancy…we just do PIZZA! With more than 46 years of experience, we know we can make a pizza to please you!The same tradition is carried on today with Fernando still leading the way with the help of his daughters, Adelina and Filomena. Also, joining the Wedgewood experience are Fernando’s son-in-law, Mike, his grandson Michael, granddaughters Jenna and Gabriella, and his nephew, Rick.
canfield ohio
“The only pizza we get.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

You will tell the difference as soon as you lift the box. Heavy! They load the toppings on and the crust is perfect. We always bring it home and reheat, it makes the crust crunchy! My mouth is watering just thinking of it! Our favorite is the original everything minus the black olives. The house special and Briar hill are very good also. I just wish they delivered.

• Visited October 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Incredible pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Wedgewood Pizza is a amazing in more ways than one.

First, the pizza is probably some of the best I've ever had. The too pings are plentiful, the sauce is flavorful and the crust is near perfect. (For those wanting a thin crust, I highly recommend trying this.) The crust isn't thin by any stretch (no pun intended) and it really isn't that thick. It is light, slightly crispy and the perfect platform to hold the sauce, the toppings and the cheese. In fact you almost don't notice it - that is how good it is.

Second, I was amazed at how many pies this place produced. They must have at least a dozen ovens going full blast. I'm told that a thousand pies a night is normal, twice that on a weekend night and something crazy like 5,000 pies on a Super Bowl Sunday. Just watching the amount of pizza going out the door was incredible. I must have watched as at least a dozen people walked out the door with 4 large pizzas each - and this was a Thursday night!

If you're in the Austintown/Boardman area of Youngstown, you'll have to stop by. Order a sheet pizza with your favorite toppings and your taste buds (and your stomach!) will thank you.

• Visited June 2013
Canfield, Ohio
“Youngstown pizza at its' best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

This place is about pizza and only pizza....no frills,no other items BUT it is great pizza.The sauce is very good with a little tang.There are many topping options so you can make a plethora of pizzas.It is our go to pizza place and it has been for over 20 + years.

• Visited June 2013
Austintown, Ohio
“Best Pizza in Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Huge family-owned pizza shop, with plenty of seating. Fernando is a great, friendly owner. Nice variety of pizzas, every one of them delicious. All staff is efficient, friendly, and personable. Major activity on a Friday or Saturday evening, but still only takes 30-40 mins for a pizza. No delivery - but it's worth the trip in the car!

• Visited May 2013
Austintown
“I hate to say my experience was average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I ordered two sheet pizzas. First off the lady taking my telephone to go order must have been thinking about committing murder because she wasn't at all nice and I kissed her behind so she wouldn't yell at me, "YOU JUST HANG ON!" and set the telephone down on me a second time.

The two sheet pizzas I ordered were a pepperoni and a white spinach pizza with extra extra extra extar extra extra extra extra extra garlic. Everytime I order their white spinach pizza they NEVER EVER EVER put enough garlic on the pizza. Even my wife tells me if they ever gave me the garlic I am supposed to get I would fight off vampires for years. Even my wife admits the garlic isn't too noticeable so go figure.

Anyway, the pepperoni pizza was fine but just average nothing youy couldn't get anywhere else. And as I've come to expect the white spinach pizza didn't have enough garlic on it. I have been asking for extra extra extra extar extra extra extra extra extra garlic from this location since the mid 1990's.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed they get their orders right someday.

• Visited April 2013