“Lucky Youngstown!”

Jimmy's Italian Specialties
Ranked #30 of 441 Restaurants in Youngstown
Description: Italian Style Subs, Panini, Salads, Soups, Pastries, Full Deli, Full Bakery and from what we have heard..."The Best of the Best of Youngstown!"
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stopped by on Saturday around 10:45 AM just to check what this place is all about! As soon as I walked into the door, the aromas took me back to my childhood and all the mom & pop Italian grocery/ delis I used to frequent growing up! The lines to the deli and pizza counters were already 10 patrons deep. And the bakery line was steady as well. Everything from fresh stuffed shells to anchovie wrapped capers were available for purchase. I wasn't hungry when I entered the place but left with an arm full of groceries including an Italian sub. I live in a area that is void of these type of delis and the closest one is some 4 hours one way. So you northeastern Buckeyes treasure Jimmy's and patronize it every chance you get so your children can enjoy it with their children when they come along!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Jimmy's has a fantastic selection of whatever you're in the mood for! From a seemingly endless dessert case to delicious sauces and cheeses, this is the place to go for a quick treat or for your Italian grocery shopping.
They also feature local beers, which is nice. The guy behind the counter was incredibly helpful and answered all my questions with a smile.
The only downside is that this is far from a sustainable business - LOTS of plastic and styrofoam, and not a single organic option, which is a shame, because those meatball subs looked epic!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you plan on picking up dinner on the way home from work, call ahead and order it. The hot foods section is not replenished throughout the day. The food is excellent and the groceries are very unique. The cookies are the best!!

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

The cavatelli lunch and a slice of pizza is great for lunch! And a deal compared to eating fast food. They also have great desserts and cheeses. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

It is a good thing I am an avid exerciser because this would have set me back a week! Where to begin...Turtle Cheesecake, Cherry Cheesecake, Mini Chocolate Macaroons and Milk Chocolate Macadamia Cookies (yes, tried them all in one visit!) - OH SO GOOD! I will be back, but I will make sure I have my four miles in before I head to Youngstown!