“OK for the price”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Alexandria, VA
“OK for the price”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I find Fairfields generally underwhelming, but for the $77 government rate I gave this place a try.

As usual, I had a big room and a nice bed. But the "hot" breakfast was the standard horrible microwave sandwiches (hey, how about a microwave breakfast burrito?).

But this place was a bit under parr even for a Fairfield. I know enough about Fairfields to only take a room on the top floor, and in this case I was happy that I did as I think I actually heard the floor creak a few times. And the towels? Tiny and see-through.

What really bugged me though was the 32" HD TV with analog channels. Hey Marriott - quit being so cheap as to not pay for HD service!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Due to the natural gas boom there were next to no rooms available in the area. Another hotel told me that the Fairfield might have availability so I drove over. Was greeted by a very friendly and helpful desk clerk. She let me know that one of the regulars went home for the week and that she had a free room. Ended up in an accesible king at a decent rate. Room was clean and eventhough right next to the pool did not smell of chlorine. Overall stay was very nice.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
It's my staff, They love what they do. Each staff member cares for each guest like they are visiting them personally. Thank you for your feedback.
Paula, Asst. General Manager
Milford, CT
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Comfortable lounge to await a visitor. Helpful staff at breakfast. Near restaurant choices.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were stopping through on our way home. I was very pleasantly suprised at the service. Very friendly front desk personnel. While the rooms are roomy and comfortable, the construction of the floors was weak and I easily heard the steps of the person above me. Decent breakfast and the dining room was clean. If you stay here, try out Tumbleweeds for dinner. Yum!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here on our way to the Columbus Zoo.. the front desk staff went out of their way to help us (loved Elaina!). Breakfast was very good and rooms were clean and nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We arrived in the evening around 9:30PM. We were greeted outside by the desk clerk that looked to be about to take a smoke break. She let us in the door with her key card. While checking us in (she was friendly) she blurted out a little too much information about there being robberies at the other hotels in the area and told us to be careful when going outside. This wasn't an issue for us as we planned to stay in for the evening, but may deter other guests from wanting to stay there. It wouldn't be information that I would want to share with guests if it didn't happen at that exact location?!?!
There were renovations in the lobby/breakfast area going on. No noise or obvious work happening while we were there, not an issue for us. The room was mostly clean. My biggest complaint was a few hairs in the sink/tub and one LARGE (12 inches) black hair on one of the towels that I found in the morning. It was so big that I don't know how laundry or housekeeping didn't notice it.
Sleep did not come easy due to train tracks relatively close. It seemed like they ran every 15-30 minutes and train whistles were noticeable on the front side of the hotel. This was an overnight stop for us and everything was just ok. If they complete renovations, I would be willing to give them another try, but if there are other properties comparable in rates, I may not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the train tracks as possible.