“Good place at a fair price”

Fairfield Inn Zanesville
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good place at a fair price”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Travel to Zanesville for work every couple of months. Staff is courteous and friendly and rooms have always been clean and fresh. B-fast is adequate but nothing special. Its not a super high end place but a good value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I will share your thoughts with our team during our morning huddle. We Look forward to your visit next month.
Best Regards,
Paula Cendrowski
Asst. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Woodbine, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We'd been driving 8 hrs on our way to the funeral of a friend. When I mentioned the funeral the receptionist offered us a special rate. She immediately offered to put some chocolate chip cookies in to bake and recommended the hot tub. The room was standard with 2 queens, plenty of fresh clean towels and morning coffee. The pool area was clean and essentially ours after 5. Breakfast was included and offered HB eggs, breads, muffins,waffles, fruits, yogurt, cereal and beverages. Nearby one could dine at the Crackerbarrel, Red Lobster , a tavern or fast food. Walmart is also nearby.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank judith g
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for such nice comments, We are delighted you had such a pleasent experience at the hotel.
Ruckersville, Virginia
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Not sure why all the hotels cost so much in this area but I do not think they are worth it. We stayed because of family in area. The room we select on the internet are not as they appear. It did not have pull out sofa bed as shown, only a chair. The breakfast was okay but not well maintained. The coffee was always out and I always had to go to the desk to get assistance. It's an okay hotel, just a little expensive

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Thank you for your Feedback, I apoligize that you had to wait for coffee. As a coffee lover myself, I can imagine that having to wait to have it made each day was incovenent. I will ask the breakfest attendents to watch it more closely in the future on our busier days.
luton
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Despite booking this hotel for an entire softball team and their families one family were told on arrival that no room was available.
Excuses were given that they had a power out. (then why take our booking confirmation? Why not call and explain before we drove 2 .5 hours rather than waiting for our arrival)
The poor girl on the desk was left to fend off three families trying to check in with confirmed reservations! Where was the manager? Gone home knowing there would be a huge problem.
After standing our ground and insisting on speaking to the manager we were offered 2 single rooms on different floors which we had no choice but to accept because all 10 other families for the softball team were there!!
Once in we were fine. The rooms were fine, staff courteous etc
Overall I would say the hotel is fine BUT check they actually have a room available and be prepared to argue!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank ymtmct
Trussville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I booked a room through Marriott, got a call in route from the hotel, offering better room. Room was fine, good staff help with local area, and decent breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your wonderful feedback of our hotel!
Paula, Asst. General Manager
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I find Fairfields generally underwhelming, but for the $77 government rate I gave this place a try.

As usual, I had a big room and a nice bed. But the "hot" breakfast was the standard horrible microwave sandwiches (hey, how about a microwave breakfast burrito?).

But this place was a bit under parr even for a Fairfield. I know enough about Fairfields to only take a room on the top floor, and in this case I was happy that I did as I think I actually heard the floor creak a few times. And the towels? Tiny and see-through.

What really bugged me though was the 32" HD TV with analog channels. Hey Marriott - quit being so cheap as to not pay for HD service!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Due to the natural gas boom there were next to no rooms available in the area. Another hotel told me that the Fairfield might have availability so I drove over. Was greeted by a very friendly and helpful desk clerk. She let me know that one of the regulars went home for the week and that she had a free room. Ended up in an accesible king at a decent rate. Room was clean and eventhough right next to the pool did not smell of chlorine. Overall stay was very nice.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
It's my staff, They love what they do. Each staff member cares for each guest like they are visiting them personally. Thank you for your feedback.
Paula, Asst. General Manager