“Always quality”

Fairfield Inn Zanesville
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Another Fairfield Inn in another city and still the same high level of quality I have come to expect. Nice rooms, decent location, and excellent staff as usual. it is nice to always have a good room and no unpleasant surprises.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for loving Fairfield as much as our team does! Your loyalty to Marriott is what keeps us all motivated. Hope to see you again soon.
Paula Cendrowski
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed here numerous times over the past few years pretty close to 10 or so nights. I have some clients in the area. I am a Gold Elite Marriott member.

To say its been interesting would be an understatement.

First off: The price...WOW. Its more expensive that the Courtyard in Granville if you don't mind the extra 45 minute drive. I have asked numerous front desk and management people why the price is so high. One person got very "snarky" yes "snarky" and told me it was the "law of supply and demand". There is a lot of oil workers or something like that down in the area (I'm not one of them, no offense to oil workers) and they sell out. I guess the figure a little price gouging is in order. I sure hope for their sake the business keeps coming.

For myself I am stuck with their prices. The rooms are average and a little worn, but clean. Not bad, not stellar.

The atmosphere. Well that's a story. Over the past 2 years I have been coming down to Zanesville (I probably have 10 or so nights at this establishment) as its the only Marriott close by

1. One night upon check-in the front desk lady asked me if I didn't mind a little noise. I guess the more "permanent" guests were having themselves a party. A costume party to boot. I know this because I was constantly waiting on the elevator (I was on the third floor) and they were going back and forth on the elevator. The noise wasn't unbearable, but it was constant.

2. This really upset me. Last summer one of my employees and I were staying here. When we pulled into the parking lot I felt like I was at a fraternity party. Open containers of alcohol, people walking around like it was fraternity row. People were grilling out on the side of the hotel. I asked the front desk lady what was going on. She really didn't know aside from telling me "They know they shouldn't have open containers in the parking lot" blah. I guess someone forgot to tell them this. If I were staying with my family I would have cancelled on the spot.

NO FITNESS CENTER

The past few times I have stayed here were without incident (but WITH the high prices....). So there you have it. I thought long and hard about writing this review, but enough has transpired that I had to speak my peace. I have stayed at some stellar Fairfields. This is NOT one of them by a long shot.

My worst review on TA.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the train tracks. If that bugs you keep that in mind.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff K
Paula C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Jeff,

Please accept my sincerest apologies about your stays with us. I would like to speak with you further about your experiences in hopes that we can repair our reputation with you and provide you with the service you deserve! Please feel free to call me at (740)453-8770. I truly hope you will give me the opportunity to make this right!

-Chris Vest

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This hotel was adequate - comfortable bed, clean rooms, acceptable staff, OK breakfast, decent location - but for the level of accommodation it was outrageously priced. Based on experiences staying in similar chain hotels, I would go elsewhere. If the price had been about $60 less a night, I would have been happy with the value.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your feedback with entire team. The feedback we get form guests means a lot to us and does infulence how we move forward in managing the hotel as a team. We have upgraded our level of service this past year with a complimentary hot breakfast, stroger internet service, a larger selection of TV channels and have other value added items planned for our future.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night and it was not a good night. We were put in a room that overlooked train tracks and yes the train does run the line. I know this because I was woken up at 3:00 in the morning by a very loud rumbling. I originally thought the air conditioner was dying. I later learned it was the train. The room is terribly outdated and small. It is way overpriced for what you get. The best thing about it was the free wifi. If you find yourself staying there make sure you ask for the side of the hotel opposite the train tracks.
Overall, I would recommend completely bypassing Zanesville all together, and stay in Columbus. This is the second time we have stayed in Zanesville. The first time I noticed many work trucks and utility trucks in every hotel parking lot. I thought at the time there must be some kind of training going on. Two years later on this trip, I saw the same thing. I concluded these were probably journey men working on the railroad or other utilities in the area. They must take a lot of rooms because this is how I got stuck at Fairfield. The hotel I originally wanted was booked. This was a Monday! So next time we will not be staying in Zanesville, just passing through.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel and the area, I would like to discuss your stay in further detail would you please call the hotel and ask for me. Warmest Regards, Paula Cendrowski, Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Much can be overlooked for the right price. When I booked a single queen room at this Fairfield for $139 in central Ohio I presumed it had been updated. Sadly this hotel does not appear any different than when I stayed there a few years before except it has a bit more wear on it. You can make up for being a bit worn in my eyes by adjusting your price and focusing on service. Check in was friendly but that was the only positive I can say about the service. Breakfast was out of coffee and poorly stocked....after waiting to turn in my key at checkout for a couple minutes no agent appeared.
The bed was acceptable but the rest of this hotel is threadbare. The exterior of the property was really no better. Typically when I have stayed at Marriott or Hilton properties that are this neglected, the next time I am in the area they have magically become another lesser brand. At less than $100a night or in a major city/tourist area these flaws could maybe be overlooked. My rating of two represents the fact that I somehow feel cheated or overcharged for what was received. It was a bed and not much else.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kayjr52
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I would like to discuss your recent visit in greater detail. Please call the property and ask for me. Thank you Paula Cendrowski, Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

This Fairfield Inn is in a great spot! Downtown was not even a mile away and tons of restaurant options close. Staff was very friendly. I was excited to actually have eggs in the morning! I didn't know Fairfield Inn has a hot breakfast, this was a pleasant surprise. I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Shopaholic77

Soulds like you fell in love with our town, just like all of us. Thank you for visiting us and I made the staffs day when I read your feedback to them. Sincerely, Paula Cendrowski, Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I look forward to stays at Marriott properties because the customer service is great and the rooms/suites are comfortable. This hotel was less than expected for a Marriott property. I felt like they purchased the property from Super 8 Motels, put a Fairfield Inn name on it with the green/orange/white colored carpets in the lobby and rooms in hopes they would be able to get away with charging the high price for the room and offer lower quality accomodations. The carpets were dirty and ripped in the hallways and at the elevators. There was only ONE ice machine (on the main floor - we were on the third floor) and it was always "making ice". I had to knock on the door next to the check-in desk to get someone to assist me. The complimentary breakfast was nice but they should not offer rubbery scrambled eggs. The bed was comfy but with the heater/air conditioner humming all night it really cut into my good night's rest. I am a reward member and didn't feel very rewarded with this stay at this Fairfield Inn.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor but if you want the convenience of an ice machine, request the first floo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lsminpa
Paula C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Zanesville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we will use it constructively. I hope you received my early e-mail and thank you for being a loyal Marriott rewards member. Sincerely, Paula C., Asst. General Manager