“Good facility, good staff, conveniently located”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed 17 September 2013

One of the better Holiday Inn Express locations we have stayed in. Pool and whirlpool were fabulous, and exercise room was well equipped. Breakfast was nicely done in the morning - and the gentleman who staffed the breakfast area was helpful and decidedly friendly, sharing his recounting of how John Lennon and Yoko Ono had stayed in the old Holiday Inn that used to be off Rt 70. One of my joys in traveling is in meeting the people like that!

This particular facility is only a few years old, and is conveniently located at the top of a hill which allows for great pictures of the town, as well as several restaurants in a 60 second drive from the hotel's parking lot. Getting back on the interstate was almost painless the next morning.

In my opinion, definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trish1225
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so excited to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I am glad that you got to meet and talk to Denny, who is full of local knowledge and truly enjoys sharing it with our guests. Thank you for not only taking the time to post this glowing review here on TripAdvisor but also for choosing to stay with us, we all realize that there are a lot of choices out there when you travel and we appreciate you choosing us to make your travels more relaxing. I hope that the next time you are in the Zanesville, Ohio area you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very nice hotel everything was clean, room was large with comfortable bed, fridge microwave and in room coffee pot ,nice view from an upper floor, good continental breakfast starting at 6 am so you wont miss out if you have to leave early. Liked the clean TV remote. Complimentary morning paper nice extra, maybe not the cheapest hotel in town but a good choice

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed so many of the things we provide for our guests. Thank you for noticing the clean remotes (we just got them recently and you are the first to mention them). Thank you for taking the time to post this informative and honest review here on TripAdvisor. I also want to thank you for choosing to stay with us; I understand that you have many choices in our area. I hope that the next time you are in Zanesville, Ohio you are able to stay with us again.

Amanda Bradshaw

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Normally I have a comfortable, problem free visit every time I stay at this property. This visit was a little frustrating. Upon arriving Sunday evening very late and all I wanted to do was get to bed, I had to stand at the front desk for over 20 minutes waiting for the staff to get off the phone with a customer so I could check in. I was given a room on the 2nd floor. I will request the 3rd floor from now on. It sounded like a herd of elephants were in the room above me, so I was woken up several times in the middle of the night, every night, as well as very early every morning. I could hear every step they took, and I could hear when any of the rooms above or around me were running any water. The sound is not muffled at all, the walls must be paper thin. Breakfast was also was a let down. Every single morning was the same exact food. I have come to expect the small selection at HIE hotels, but normally over a week, there is a bit more variety. In addition to the standard pastries, fruit, cereal, etc....the hot food was the same every morning - cinnamon rolls, biscuits & sausage gravy, eggs and ham. Just disappointing. This hotel does still have great things that help my stay - the room was extremely clean and restocked every day.

Room Tip: only stay on the 3rd floor away from the elevators
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us so frequently and I want to express my sincerest apologies for the disappointing experience you had during your most recent stay with us. There is no excuse for you having to wait so long to check in and for that I truly apologize. We are limited as to what we can offer on the breakfast bar for our guests and it should be rotated varied daily. I will be sure to look in to this as soon as possible to correct this oversight. I am happy to hear that the housekeeping department was able to make your stay comfortable, by keeping your room cleaned and well stocked during your stay. I hope that the next time you are in the Zanesville area you choose to stay with us again and we are able to show you what a wonderful stay is like again.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Just what I needed, large clean room, well equipped and comfy. Whirlpool was large and clean in pool area. Staff was friendly and efficient. Much better than the hilton Hotel we stayed in two nights ago! Breakfast was food and fresh also.

• Stayed: August 2013
Amanda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to relax and get a refreshing night’s sleep. I hope that the next time you are in Zanesville, Ohio you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

So glad we stayed here for the family reunion. Happy and helpful staff. The lounge/breakfast area is very welcoming with comfortable chairs and gas fireplace. Great pool, hot tub and work out room, nice and new. The king suite was roomy, so clean and comfy. Really loved how quiet it was. Bath and Body Works shampoo/lotions a plus for me! Breakfast = great coffee, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, bagels, yogurt, eggs, cheese omelette, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, milk/chocolate milk, juices - a variety to please everyone. It's located on a hill behind other hotels and restaurants. A perfect location to see beautiful sunsets at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased that during your recent stay with us you were able to relax and enjoy spending time with your family. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you not only found the rooms and breakfast to your liking but also all of our amenities. I hope that the next time you are in Zanesville, Ohio you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Nice hotel. Nice room. Breakfast was excellent! They had a pancake maker machine. Tasted great! We were returning from Gaithersburg, MD, as we were attending my grandfather's army reunion. Another good job Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steelchess77

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, not only for staying with us but also thank you for taking time out of your day to share with folks how you your felt about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the breakfast was to your liking. I hope that the next time you are traveling in the Zanesville area you stop by and visit us again.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Great hotel food service and very clean. Breakfast is quite good and the service is excellent. Property is located on a hill too so the drive up is a little steep but even towing a trailer it was easy to manage. Rooms look fairly new with clean Linens and very comfortable beds. Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that your stay with was enjoyable, I hope that you also had a wonderful time at the Mopar Nationals. We hope to see you and your family again the next time you are in the Zanesville, Ohio area.