“Great 'ritas”

Ranked #25 of 111 Restaurants in Zanesville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The atmosphere was urban casual chic. I ordered the fish tacos - so good! The black beans that came with it were spicy good. The margaritas were much needed after an 8 hour car ride - so yummy!! Our server Mark was excellent - took care of a big group with ease.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great cocktails, esp margaritas, food ranges from sandwiches/tex- mex to fine sophisticated entrees . Never had a bad dinner there. Nice contemporary artsy decor. Sidewalk cafe dining available there too, which is pretty unusual for this town. They also do catering. They would be my first choice for catering due to their more sophisticated approach to food and presentation. I have used them for important events over the years.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Not good food. Expensive and low quality. I can't understand how this place is still in business. Parking is terrible and they are never open. Take it from a local and eat mexican somewhere else in Zanesville. Located in the downtown area in a old building.

2  Thank greenluck007
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We were driving through Ohio, and stopped in Zanesville. We drove around the rather dreary downtown looking a place to eat. The streets were empty of people, although it was Saturday night, and there did not seem to be very many restaurants or bars. We noticed some people sitting at tables outside, and decided to go in, although we thought we might not be served because it was already 9:00, and after all, this is a small town.

We were graciously welcomed by the manager, and seated at an attractive booth in a very pleasant room. We were surprised at the extent and variety of the menu. Our waitress was very knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive. We went with her recommendations.

The food was excellent! It was very hot and prepared according to our specifications. I had a tuna steak on a bed of orzo with spinach and cheese, alongside two cheese "rangoons" - little dumplings. It was great, and I finished every bite with gusto. My wife had blackened chicken on a rice pilaf, with corn wheels on the side. It was also a delicious meal.

For dessert, I decided to try the flan. I always order a flan, when it is on the menu, and I am usually disappointed. But this time, I thought the flan was absolutely correct, the right consistency, the right flavors, and the right sweetness.

I was a bit surprised that the bartender did not know what a Negroni is, and that there was no Campari in the bar. But she took the trouble to come out to our table and try to find out exactly what I wanted, and then made me a nice Tanqueray martini instead.

The next time I am traveling through this part of Ohio, I will make it a point to try to stop in Zanesville, and have another meal at Zak's. I should also mention that we thought the meal was a very good value for the price.

3  Thank Cincinnati-Bill
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We went because where we intended to go was busy. It had been a few years since we had been there. Service was good and the food was very good and hot. We will be going back again.

2  Thank cynthia r