“I felt like I was at a friend's home”

Best Western B. R. Guest
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Dayton
“I felt like I was at a friend's home”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I cannot say enough good about the B. R. Guest Best Western. From the moment I arrived, I felt like each employee went out of her/his way to never let me feel like I was far from home. I checked in on Thanksgiving night, after a 9 hour shift training at a local ER and the Desk Clerk mentioned that the Denny's Diner across the street was open, and that with my room key, I would get a 10% discount. She also made sure I had access to the internet, and said if I needed anything, just to ask. The room was very nice, very clean, quiet and it was warm. I don't know if it's the habit of the hotel, but it was so nice to come in to a hotel that had a warm room instead of one that was waiting for the occupant to turn the heater on. The bed was comfortable and I loved the big, lighted desk in the work area. The internet connection was excellent. And, there is a small safe in the room. I can see maybe storing small items in it, but nothing as big as a laptop.
The breakfast was good, but there were a lot of people there and a couple things were emptied out quickly. I have to admit, they had really good biscuits and gravy! When anticipating a long shift, possibly without a break, it was nice to have something like that to fill me up and keep me going. And, I have to admit, the coffee was great, too!
I had no problems with parking. I felt very safe. The Denny's '50's diner across the street was really good and I felt welcome. I am planning on several stays with the B. R. Guest while I am doing my clinical training in Zanesville!
Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper floor just because I do not like people walking around overhead.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pasadena, MD
Reviewed 30 November 2012

They have non existent customer service. We arrived 6/30/12 for a one nite stay on business to the hotel having no power. There had been a storm that had hit the area so power was out for extended time. Since we were not from the area we asked for ideas on what we should due, the customer service rep says I don't know what to tell you I've had a bad day too!! We asked about possibly close by hotels, and she said like I said I don't know drive up the highway and check. I won't stay in another Best Western Again. We went a couple miles up the road, and a Holiday Inn Express had no rooms but offered us their parking lot to sleep since we had been driving a long time and said we could use their rest rooms whenever we needed. They said they were sorry they couldn't do more. Also with Best Western their main office had to know about the problem with this hotel and could have reached us on our cell phone to give us a heads up. No apology just they've had a bad day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Renae Q
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We didn't need any of the extra features like the pool, so I can't comment on them, but the room was fine. The location is just outside town at an Interstate exit. If you travel in a small airplane of your own and you want to stop for the night, the friendly manager of the Zanesville airport will deliver you to this motel and also pick you up for the return trip to the airport the next morning! There's a cute diner across the street from the Best Western for dinner and the complementary breakfast at the motel was good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Charlton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 November 2012

First time out to Ohio for a business trip, and I have to say, the hospitality has been incredible. The hotel is on par, rates are decent, but to my surprise the Denny's nearby might be the best one I have ever been to.

Check-in was a breeze, and while literally right off the highway, the noise isn't too bad. Easy access for travel. So I continue to be pleased with BW.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dansville, New York
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We stayed here on our last night of our trip. It is a nice property, the staff was very good and friendly to us. The room was large, clean and quiet. Despite being pretty close to the interstate we did not hear any noise from it during our time here. The breakfast was good and the breakfast room was adequate.We had dinner at Denny's and it was good also.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Potomac, MD
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This hotel is very well maintained and has large, clean rooms. Comfortable king bed in our room was pleasantly firm with good pillows. Nice exec work table, refrig & microwave. Very friendly, fast check-in. Location is 5 miles east of Zanesville downtown, so restaurant choices limited, but its only 5 min to several good ones at exit 155.

• Stayed October 2012
Newport, Virginia
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband was traveling for a training conference and we needed a hotel near Zanesville. We were unable to get one near downtown, but this one was affordable and just one exit away from his training site. Check in was easy and the staff was pleasant. There was a 24 hour coffee, tea and hot chocolate station with cookies.

My first impression of 213 room wasn't good. A non-smoking room, however there was an odd odor to it. The carpet near the TV area was dirty, and there was not a table and chair in the room as shown in the website. But again, the room was really cheap compared to current rates, so I did not complain.

Our room was over the pool and it is open until midnight. We could hear kids playing and screaming in the pool until 10 pm. The sounds were really loud in the bathroom, and muffled in the room.

We did not hear sounds from the walls of the room, but the ceiling and floors must be thin. We could hear people walking above us, too.

The continental breakfast was nice. Waffle maker, gravy, biscuits, muffins, bagels, apples, oranges, cereal, apple and orange juices, milk and coffee.

The pool and hot tub did not look as clean as I would have liked. It had a green look, so I didn't think we should play in it. We used the fitness room and it was fine. Free ice water there.

Stayed 2 nights, and overall it was a good stay. Free wifi with a great signal in our room.

Air conditioner will cut off on its own after a while, so we had to get up and turn it back on overnight when we got hot.

Room Tip: Choose the third floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family