“A nice place, clean rooms.....”

Best Western B. R. Guest
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this Best Western which was on the interstate and easy to find. It is out east of Zanesville, OH. The first room we were given had a defective door lock and only after we were there several hours did we notice the door would not lock, nor the deadbolt.
Apparently the door and the door frame did not line up. I thought the housekeeping crew would have noticed as I'm sure it didn't happen overnight. We asked for another room and after being told they were sold out, they did find us another room. The rooms were spacious and clean...no problems. I was disappointed in the breakfast as it seemed things were slowly replenished. When we got there, many of the items were completely wiped out, including coffee. A lady was slowly putting items out but only 2 or 3 of an item at a time. I know they need to watch and not waste food but it was before 9am and they were to have breakfast until 10am. Glad Denny's was across the street. All in all, I would stay there again as it seemed like a safe place and was very quiet...no interstate traffic noise that we could hear.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Travelling for business in this area there are not a whole lot of chices, so the best western light shined like a beacon. The room was ok, I requested nonsmoking but oversold so I got smoking, I went across the highway and bought a candle which helped. Breakfast was plentiful, parking safe, restaurants nearby. The only downside was one of the staff members was quite rude. Overall she made the experience less pleasant. Next time I will probably just go to New Philadelphia and hope for a friendlier staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while driving from New York to St Louis. Right off the highway I-70, it is an easy on/off and clean. However, skip the free house breakfast and head across the street to Denny's where you get a 10% discount as a hotel guest.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Wyyll
Reviewed 26 March 2013

On our way to Wheeling, West Virginia and stopped here for the night. Clerk at front desk was very friendly and helpful. Offered us coffee and cookies when we checked in. Room was very clean. Coffee pot, fridge and microwave in room. Later in the evening clerk gave us bag of popcorn to pop in microwave. Breakfast was okay , if you want to go for breakfast at Denny's its a short walk--- clerk informed us to show our room key and get a percentage off breakfast. There is an indoor swimming pool. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The chairs in the room were worn and threadbare. Not very appealing. The person who checked me in wa very nice and friendly, but it didn't really make up for the room. I will stay here again as I travel in that area a lot and it's the only hotel I will stay at.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business