“Enjoyed my stay at this Best Western”

Best Western B. R. Guest
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. Generally the hotel was quiet. I was there for a conference in a nearby town, so I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel. I was there to sleep. And I slept well. The bed was comfortable. There was free wifi in the building, which was good as I had very little signal on my phone while in the hotel. The air conditioner in the room took a little adjustment to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. My room, and all the rooms, had a mini refrigerator and a microwave. The 'fridge was a little too cold ; my bag of carrots became carrot sickles <grin>. The room and the whole facility seemed quite clean. The hotel was at no vacancy almost all the time I was there, which made finding a seat in the very small breakfast room a challenge on some days. Breakfast was okay. Anyone who is doing any sort of low carb diet would find it a challenge to get enough food for breakfast. The offerings were pancakes, omelettes, sausage patties, assorted pastries, mini muffins, toast, assorted cold cereals and instant oatmeal with milk, fresh fruit, juices, coffees, tea. They could have used some herb teas along with the Lipton. There were freshly baked cookies in the evening, along with bags of microwave pop corn for snacks. I didn't use the pool but it looked nice. The hot tub was out of order. It's a dog friendly place, so anyone who is allergic to dogs might want to think twice about staying here. But I'm a dog person, so having dogs in the house doesn't bother me at all. The important thing was that the place was clean and comfortable, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen W
There are newer reviews for Best Western B. R. Guest

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Generally speaking, my wife and I find there are no big surprises when staying at a Best Western property, and Best Western B.R. Guest was no exception.

A very nice room, featuring a desk designed with a laptop “nook”, which would be very handy for the business traveler. The air conditioning did a great job of cooling the room on a hot and humid night.

A very good breakfast selection, featuring the answer to those wait-forever waffle makers. This machine turned out pancakes on a conveyer belt. Worth having a couple of pancakes, just to see it operate.

The hotel is very convenient to the highway, although if you are extremely sensitive to highway noise, you’ll want to consider this. Fortunately, the truck traffic drops considerably during the night.

A clean, comfortable place to overnight.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LKTravelerboy
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Clean and convenient to area attractions! My grandson and I recently took a trip to the Wilds and stayed here. I started with a back experience with the girl working the check-in desk but everything after that was positive. The rooms were clean, the beds were sooo comfortable and the pool looked relaxing. The hot tub was out of order which we were told upon check in. It was convenient to the interstate and many restaurants were close by. I would stay here again if I would ever be in that area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Check in was fast as the clerk talked so fast i had to have her slow down so i could understand her. A/c was on 60 degrees. I set it up to 70,then we went to eat. When we got back it was on 60 again,so set it up to 70,then it would go back down. I shut it off,then it wouldn't even turn back on and had to call the office. She reset it and left,but it still kept going to 60. She offered to change rooms,but at 9 pm who wants to mess with that. The 2nd floor hallway had a bad smell of cat urine,and was even told so by another guest. Breakfast was a farce to me. Not near as good as usual. They did knock $10.00 off my room which helped a little,but i don't think i will stay there again!

Room Tip: May be a good idea to avoid motels that allow pets.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Rooms are clean and my kids loved the pool breakfast was really good and convenient very easy to get to hotel right off highway. Nice stay will stay again. Great place for the price we paid and saved on breakfast money

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is easy access right off the freeway. While not fancy, my room on the third floor was quite large, clean and comfortable. The price was right and included breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel was very nice and the staff was very nice and accommodating. The hotel is pet friendly even though we did not bring our four legged family member because we were attending my daughters wedding. We enjoyed seeing the other pets at the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western