“Top Notch Service”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My son's vehicle broke down on his way to college in Missouri on a Sat. night. No garages opened on Sunday, so he had to stay here for two days until I could get my car to him. I then stayed here until Wed. when the vehicle was to be fixed. Unfortunately, the part it needed was on back order until Friday or Saturday. I couldn't stay longer than Wed. b/c I needed to get back to work, so my husband had to come get me (5 hour drive) and take me back home. The hotel staff allowed me to remain in my room for hours after check out time until my husband could get there.

They realized I was without a car for two days here and told me how to best walk to town. They had a manager's reception on Tues. which saved me from having to eat out because they were having a staff chili contest and cheese, crackers, 3 kinds of chili, cookies and drinks were provided. Complementary breakfast is provided in the morning. An extra nice feature is having drinks, cereal, and fruit available 24 hours a day.

My room was convenient -- a large area provided for laptop / business work, free wi-fi, good lighting, comfortable bed, and I felt the rates were very good. People here at the same time I was here were staying due to a funeral, and I felt that the staff couldn't possibly have been more accommodating, and compassionate toward their situation.

They also treated my son well and when I arrived and after he left, staff from different shifts were aware of what he and I were dealing with, which made me feel like we were being taken care of as much as possible. I have never been in a hotel room without a car for two days so have never had to try to find what I need on foot but will also add that there is a Rite Aide within walking distance, as well as 4 or 5 restaurants - Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Bob Evans, a Tumbleweed, and Red Lobster. So food was not a problem.

I would definitely stay here again. I cannot say enough about the staff from the people behind the desk to the cleaning and food service personnel.

Room Tip: I don't think there is an elevator to the 2nd floor. I stayed on the first floor. Anyone who wo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stopped in Zanesville, OH, while traveling east on I-70, without reservations. Checking at several newer near by motels we found them to be fully booked, on a Tuesday evening. We often stay at Comfort Inn and thought we had enough points for a free room. At the front desk we found that we were short sevral hundred points for a room credit. At $158.09, the hotel didn't present value for the charge required. There was also a $1 fee for the room safe.

The room was quiet, large and the bedding was comfortable. In our room, #138, there was a unique jacuzzi tub (not that we would use a jacuzz in a hotel room). The tub had three large shell type shelves protruding into the shower area. It made it difficult to stand directly under the shower. Interesting.....

There were several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and that's where we headed in the AM because of crowd in the lobby/food service area.

Room Tip: Check the shower accomodation.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This was a nice facility right off the I-70 exit. It is just off the exit and it is easy to get back on I70 in the morning. It seemed a little pricey for the area. Easy check-in and friendly. Room more than adequate.
Very nice breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

1am and passing through Zanesville from Purdue U. Decided to stop and wanted a clean quiet room. They only had the 1 bedroom suite available. 12 year son enjoyed private living room and TV. We enjoyed the private bedroom with TV. Bathrooms, floor and bedding very clean. I will have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Rented a room on 07/25 - 07/26. The lobby / hotel check in desk Air Condition was broken. Area was hot humid. Next morning the same area was used for the "Free Breakfast" was still hot and humid, still no A/C.

Our room was assigned on the second floor. The hotel has no elevator to the second floor making luggage transport very difficult.

The rate available was ~ $50.00 higher than competitors, but competitors were sold out. In other words the hotel took advantage of high occupancy.

The room was clean and the A/C was working. However the amenities offered in the room were marginal.

Recommend Comfort Inns only as a last resort option!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stopped on the way home to MN. The rate was expensive for a room with two double beds with a dirty bathroom. There was toothpaste on the wall and floor, as well as. . I won't elaborate. When I complained, the desk clerk responded, "sorry for your inconvenience." That was not an acceptable response for a room where the bathroom was unsanitary.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stopped here on our way through Ohio. The room was very big and clean. The staff was very friendly. We had parking right outside of our window. The outside doors are security doors, which is nice. The hotel is pet friendly and I did hear a dog barking, which can be irritating since I am not a pet owner. It is a little pricey. The continental breakfast had a lot more than most places, it was very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple