“Worst Motel Stay”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Asheville, NC
“Worst Motel Stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2008

My wife and I stayed at this dump last Friday night on our way to Pittsburgh to visit family. I chose this motel because it is approximately two hours from my wife's family. After a long day of driving, we just needed a place to rest for the evening. This motel is not in a good location. The potholes in the parking lot can damage a vehicle--you can't avoid them. The worst part was the lack of customer service. The desk clerk was downright rude. She was just before getting off of work, and was annoyed that my checking in was hindering her from leaving early. Her replacement was standing outside smoking with a couple of friends. The clerk was having trouble with the computer and had to wait for her replacement to finish her cigarette, because she was the only person that knew anything about the computer. We drove to the back of the motel, as directed, to enter the building to get to our room. Our key would not open the doors to the building. After several attempts, I drove back to the front to ask for help. The desk clerk was annoyed and reluctantly called for someone to check the defected doors. When I got back to my waiting wife, someone had opened the door from the inside to let her in. When we checked out the next morning, the same rudeness was there. This place is a DUMP!

• Liked — Proximity to family.
  • Disliked — Desk Clerks.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank RedParker
tsherman123, Regional Director at Kautilya Zanesville Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2008
Dear Sir -

First of all, let me apologize for your poor experience at our Ramada in Zanesville. We, in no way, find this acceptable.

I have since joined our team, just to help our hotels come up to snuff! So your feedback really helps me do a better job.

I encourage you to try us again, we have made SEVERAL changes since you were last there.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Traci Sherman
Regional Director
Mantiff Hotel Management
P 813.471.8474
E TSherman@Mantiff.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 June 2008

We checked into the Ramada Zanesville after checking out of the horrendously bad Travelodge back a few exits. The Ramada was just what we were hoping for. Clean, comfortable, and cheap accomodations that were close to the highway. We got a nice low AAA rate, and the price certainly met the comfort level. The room was nothing special, just a clean and decent size room wtih double beds. Bathroom had plenty of room with the seperate outside vanity, which is always good when you are traveling with another person. The only down sides I can think of is that it was very hot when we got into the room, and it took about a half hour to cool down. But since we were so exhausted we didnt have much trouble falling asleep anyway.From what I heard they had a decent pool and breakfast, but we were out of there so early that we never got to use any of the ammenities.

I would advise anyone looking for a just a simple, and affordable hotel near i-70 to stay here.

• Liked — Price, size of room.
  • Disliked — Very hot at first...
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank icem2829
thefbi
Reviewed 24 May 2008

This is a very old property. It is a converted Holidome. The exterior corridors have been enclosed. It appeared to be clean but excessive wear and tear on carpet, furniture and etc. The staff acted like they were in a different time zone. Each question was returned by that deer in the head lights look. Not obstinate just unknowing.

Some of the old Holidome left over are impressive, pool, lounge and restaurant.

I would stay again but I would know I was getting level two lodging.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank thefbi

Travellers are raving about these Zanesville hotels

Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 December 2007

This is a 2-month old retrofit of a very old Holiday Inn. It is absolutely gorgeous - and includes the old HI Indoor pool and hot tub, very hard to find these days. It's also a conference center - really large. Our room was perfect in every way!!

Excellent breakfast - with one caveat - lack of support staff to keep the food supplies updated as they were used up. Real silver. Linen napkins. Hot waffles. Good choice of "adult" cereals, Great WiFi. Super beds and pillows. Spotless bathroom - it doesn't get any better than this.

• Liked — Really beautiful upgraded facilities - plus indoor pool and hot tub
  • Disliked — lack of kitchen support staff for breakfast bar
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MacToo
New York
Reviewed 5 December 2007

Everyone was so friendly and accommodating we had a great stay over the Thanksgiving Holiday, we checked in on the Wed. before and left on Saturday. We had great food in the Buckeye Grill and the kids had fun in the Holidome. It was a treat that our relatives didn't have room for all of us to stay with them!

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank meltom
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 2 June 2006

Hotel was average, seemed rather old. No snack machines on premises, just soda machines. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Newark, OH but stayed here to be closer to the interstate. Next time I'll stay in Newark, OH. Ample parking and high speed internet available. Overall it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank TravellinMofo
Reviewed 20 April 2006

My wife and I stayed there in February when in town visiting relatives. The room was clean and comfortable, with nothing to complain about. The room was a little hard to find as the hotel sprawls. The Holidome area was a little dated and worn-looking, but the folks using the pool seemed to be having a very good time.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank scottmR3318NS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zanesville
Best Western B. R. Guest
#1 of 13 in Zanesville
Baker's Motel
Baker's Motel
#1 of 1 in Norwich

Been to Kautilya Zanesville Hotel? Share your experiences!