Kautilya Zanesville Hotel
US$69
US$62
Headley Inn(Zanesville)
US$128
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2009

My family use to go to the Holidome for mini vacations about 7 years ago, well we went to the Columbus Zoo and decide to drive all the way from Columbus just to stay there before going home only 1hour away , well it was way over priced at $81.00 , same old carpet ,stained walls and same old bed comforter, dirt and trash around nite stand, very diappointed. I thought since Ramada took over they would spruce it up or clean it. The hot tub was broken , the sauna had nothing to dip water on it, called front disk the guy told us to get water from the pool. couldn't beleive it. Then Breakfast was cereal, oats orange juice and little muffins, real bad. Boy even Holiday Inn use to CLEAN IT and Have a Nice Resturant.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2009

When entering the lobby it was very nice and cool. The clerk was very nice and helpful. When entering the hallway to my room the hallway was very warm. When entering the room the room was hot. We turned the air conditioning all the way down in the hopes that the room would be cool enough to sleep in. We left for a while and returned and the room was a little cooler but not much better. We decided to go swimming and walked to the other side of the hotel (through the hot hallways) after requesting a room close to the pool. The hot tub was very nice and hot. I got out of the hot tub to cool down to only realize that the air temp. was as hot as the hot tub. My children (prior to getting into the hot tub) tried to get into the pool. The pool turned out to be the coolest place in the whole hotel!!! We ended up leaving and returning to our warm room. We tossed and turned all nite sweating and sticking to the sheets. The next morning I went to take a shower. I guess I should have taken it the nite before to cool off. No hot water, the water was barely warm. We went to breakfast and the food was surprisingly good for cerals, bagels, toast, apples, coffee, juice. We left for a while and returned about 1 1/2 before checkout. My kids wanted to try the pool again and I wanted to go back into the hot tub. SURPRISE!! the hot tub was drained and was being filled up with nice cold water. The hot tub was ready to go about 1/2 hour before check out if you wanted to cool off. To say the least my kids and myself were very disappointed with not being able to use the pool and not being able to cool off in our own room.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ridgerunner22
Reviewed 31 July 2008

My wife and I stayed at this dump last Friday night on our way to Pittsburgh to visit family. I chose this motel because it is approximately two hours from my wife's family. After a long day of driving, we just needed a place to rest for the evening. This motel is not in a good location. The potholes in the parking lot can damage a vehicle--you can't avoid them. The worst part was the lack of customer service. The desk clerk was downright rude. She was just before getting off of work, and was annoyed that my checking in was hindering her from leaving early. Her replacement was standing outside smoking with a couple of friends. The clerk was having trouble with the computer and had to wait for her replacement to finish her cigarette, because she was the only person that knew anything about the computer. We drove to the back of the motel, as directed, to enter the building to get to our room. Our key would not open the doors to the building. After several attempts, I drove back to the front to ask for help. The desk clerk was annoyed and reluctantly called for someone to check the defected doors. When I got back to my waiting wife, someone had opened the door from the inside to let her in. When we checked out the next morning, the same rudeness was there. This place is a DUMP!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank RedParker
tsherman123, Regional Director at Kautilya Zanesville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2008

Dear Sir -

First of all, let me apologize for your poor experience at our Ramada in Zanesville. We, in no way, find this acceptable.

I have since joined our team, just to help our hotels come up to snuff! So your feedback really helps me do a better job.

I encourage you to try us again, we have made SEVERAL changes since you were last there.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Traci Sherman
Regional Director
Mantiff Hotel Management
P 813.471.8474
E TSherman@Mantiff.com

Reviewed 10 June 2008

We checked into the Ramada Zanesville after checking out of the horrendously bad Travelodge back a few exits. The Ramada was just what we were hoping for. Clean, comfortable, and cheap accomodations that were close to the highway. We got a nice low AAA rate, and the price certainly met the comfort level. The room was nothing special, just a clean and decent size room wtih double beds. Bathroom had plenty of room with the seperate outside vanity, which is always good when you are traveling with another person. The only down sides I can think of is that it was very hot when we got into the room, and it took about a half hour to cool down. But since we were so exhausted we didnt have much trouble falling asleep anyway.From what I heard they had a decent pool and breakfast, but we were out of there so early that we never got to use any of the ammenities.

I would advise anyone looking for a just a simple, and affordable hotel near i-70 to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank icem2829
Reviewed 24 May 2008

This is a very old property. It is a converted Holidome. The exterior corridors have been enclosed. It appeared to be clean but excessive wear and tear on carpet, furniture and etc. The staff acted like they were in a different time zone. Each question was returned by that deer in the head lights look. Not obstinate just unknowing.

Some of the old Holidome left over are impressive, pool, lounge and restaurant.

I would stay again but I would know I was getting level two lodging.

Stayed: April 2008