“Best staff in the world, Clean, great quality and price”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartlesville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bartlesville
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed in HIE's many times, but Lindsey, Tammy and Clinton and the house keeping staff stand head and shoulders above any Express I have stayed. These are professionals who know everything, are geared to service and will help with anything. Not only that, they are smiling the whole time. I would recommend this as your "go to" place to stay if you are visiting for a night or a week. I think after 45 years of hotels that this is the cleanest, best service and most helpful group I have met. I only stayed one night, and actually forgot something. I called, and they found it and held it for me. They follow all protocols for guest security and have great quality and sense of humor. STAY THERE WHILE IN BARTLESVILLE> The price is perfect, the cleanliness is perfect and the staff top notch. They should all get a raise.

Room Tip: They will help out with everything. Relax while you are there, they hve it covered.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Clinton T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you very much for your acknowledgement of our hotel and services. We love any feed back we can get as it gives us the motivation to keep succeeding or improving when needed. We take great pride in our hotel and services. It was so nice having you here with us while you were here in Bartlesville. Hope to see you again real soon. Thank you Management and Staff.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here on Valentines Day 2104. We chose a King bed room. Everything was excellent. The room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. The whole facility was nice. Breakfast was very good. The staff was nice and helpful. Internet service was reliable. So, what was unpleasant? We have never stayed in a HIE that did not have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. This one had neither. I never thought that, paying as much as we did to stay at a hotel this nice, I should have to ask if the room has a microwave and fridge. Now I know. And now, so do you!

Room Tip: If it matters to you whether your room has a microwave and fridge, ask before you book.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Clinton T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We do have refrigerators and microwaves in our suites and hope to get them in our standard rooms soon. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel is always clean and the staff is always willing to try and please. The breakfast is almost always stocked well and ready for everybody. The mall is right next door and easily within walking distance for several restaurants and shopping. Fitness center is small but in good condition. They also have an indoor pool. The laundry room is only open from 10am to 10pm, Makes it kind of hard unless you stay in this hotel for multiple days and you have time during the day to do your laundry.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dkrug10042

Thank You for your review. We will consider adjusting our guest laundry times. It is so helpful that you had informed us that it can be an issue. So we know another way we can approve. Thank you,
Management and Staff

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel, but the first review I've written.

This is a nice hotel - it is very clean, nicely decorated, and very reasonably priced. The staff was friendly and the service is good. There is a good free breakfast included, and plenty of free parking. There is also a mall right across the parking lot. I'd probably give it 3.5 circles, but there are a few things that really grate on me here.

The bed mattress is firm and fairly comfortable, but it is obvious when you lie on it that it has one of those plastic protector covers under the top sheet/pad. I understand the need for cleanliness, but I find those plastic covers stiff and sweat-inducing. The pillows (like other HIEs I've stayed at) are the foam type rather than real feathers, and they're always too high and too firm. Between that and the mattress cover, it detracts from decent sleep, at least for me.

The free wireless internet works well, but it requires a re-login every few hours. This is a huge nuisance when other hotels can go at least 24 hours for a new login. You are in the middle of something (perhaps even in the middle of online shopping and filling your cart), when you hit another link and bam! Your are taken BACK to the login page. A real pain.

The fitness center was too warm to exercise for very long, and one of the two treadmills was unresponsive to any button presses even though the display looked like it was on.

Only a few changes would make this a four or even five -dot hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SoCa1l26
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear SoCa1l26,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you find our hotel nicely decorated, clean and reasonably price. I also appropriate your compliments regarding our staff being friendly and the service is good. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 August 2013

In the past 10 years we have stayed in Bartlesville 2-3 times a year for business. I am embarrassed to admit that we had never lodged at HIE during any of these stays until now. Due to the experience of this recent stay, I am certain all future visits to Bartlesville I will only be lodging at HIE. Everything about the stay exceeded my expectations. Even the iron was clean enough to steam press my white dress shirt. The only down sides of this hotel...the breakfast...typical HIE fare...although it was missing scrambled eggs & bacon...my preferred breakfast. The sausage gravy tasted as if it was made with water verses milk..flour & water = glue. Not a deal breaker for me at all...when I order breakfast from room service at upper tier hotels I easily spend $20...so a complimentary breakfast and a room under $100 that I get a great nights sleep & a fantastic shower...I am a very happy camper.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Clinton T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy that you had a great time at our hotel. We would like you to know that any comment we get that we can approve with helps us greatly. We have added more items to our breakfast bar and we are confident that it will be even better than before for our guest. Hope to see you soon.. Hie

Management and staff

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I would rate this hotel in best 10% of this chain. Convenient location. Restaurants and pubs and mall with cool cowboy store in close walking distance. You feel safe being there. Newer, big rooms. Perfectly executed breakfast. You only can get so excited about this chain or Bartlesville. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Clinton T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you. We are so excited to be here in Bartlesville as one of the newest hotels around. Our hotel has really brought some good quality and service to the town. It has been wonderful sense opening and look forward to some great years to come. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Bartlesville. We do extensive business travel and try to stay at Express exclusively. The appearance and cleanliness was satisfactory,the staff was friendly, but the hotel had several issues. The mattresses had plastic coverings under the sheets, which where very noisy and uncomfortable to sleep on. When they cleaned our room each day they would take the half empty shampoo bottles out of the shower and put them back up on the vanity instead of giving us new ones. I went down to the front desk every night to get soap and shampoo and ask that they would replenish them, not until the last day did this happen. The second night we were there a group of about 10 people had the pool door open to the parking lot with all the chairs out, they were drinking, smoking and playing loud music, you had to walk through the smoke and their group just to get into the hotel from the back parking lot. The breakfast was not up to IHG standards, one morning there were no eggs, the next the sausage/bacon was not replenished. This is one Express we will not be returning to.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear T B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the mattress, housekeeping and the breakfast selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.