“Family meeting at Monterey's TexMex” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Shawnee, Oklahoma
“Family meeting at Monterey's TexMex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

While in town on an overnight trip, we met with my brother and his family at Monterey's. Got a reservation for 7 in an hours notice, nice table. Service was good, fast, and hot. Served chips and sasa, no charge, but we ordered chili-con-case (was really good). They didn't automatically add 20% gratuity to the ticket. We all enjoyed the time and food. Staff was very friendly.

• Visited September 2013

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“They do a good job”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Monterey's is a good place to get some tex-mex food. You can't go wrong eating at Monterey's. I always have the Fajita and it's always good. Every time our family has a craving for mexican, we go here.

“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I'm from the east coast I come down to Copan to visit friends every year. Can I first start out by saying this food is one of the best places I've ever ate at! So good! The chips and salsa were outstanding the service was great! So good!!!

New Orleans
“If you have a hankering for Tex Mex - this ain't it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The name of the restaurant has changed to Monterey's Little Mexico and, as far as I can tell, is no longer a chain.

The inside is dim and seems dingy but the waitstaff is fairly attentive and the food is fast.

Unfortunately, the food is fast. I had a taco salad with chicken - the waitress asked about salad dressing. Salad dressing on a taco salad? But, what the heck - she emphasized all dressings came on the side so I thought, "What the heck," and got honey mustard. My better half ordered Pollo Feliz, a grilled breast with a sprinkle of cheeses served with grilled vegetables from their lighter fare menu.

My taco salad showed up - an uninspired combination of refried beans, lettuce, guacamole, and bland chicken. And the dressing was just a pouch of dressing like you would get at at a fast food restaurant. So - it was about average for a taco salad. But the Pollo Feliz.....The breast was coated with greasy white and yellow melted cheese. So much for a sprinkle- it was covered. And the chicken was greasy on the opposite side. The flavor was like it had been freezer burned, then kept in a fridge after thawing, then microwaved, then thrown on an oily grill to warm the outside.

But that wasn't the worst. The vegetables - obviously the same ones used for fajitas - were bell peppers and onions that had been stirred around in oil. The peppers were a bit done, the onions were white and had not gone translucent, and everything was coated with oil. Blecch!

So - not going back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Traveller2984
Davenport, Iowa
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

The service and selection here is very good. My husband and I liked our dishes and appreciated the attentiveness of the waitstaff. We will come here again when we are in town.

Visited June 2013