“Guess we went at the wrong time”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ocean China Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 109 Restaurants in Bartlesville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Guess we went at the wrong time”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My husband and I went there probably a year ago. I guess we were too late to get fresh food from the buffet because it all looked dried out and offered very sparse choices, so we opted to order from the menu. Neither of us were impressed and have never gone back.

• Visited May 2012

Embassy Suites Norman, Norman Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Ocean China is a nice, clean and friendly asian restaurant in Bartlesville, Ok. There are asian restaurants with more choices on the buffet but I find that sometimes everything on there all tastes the same and not always fresh. Here at Ocean China the buffet is always fresh and even though there are not 20 main dishes, they are very good!! Other than Pei Wei or PF Chang in Tulsa, this is our favorite Asian in Oklahoma!!!

• Visited April 2013
Skiatook, Oklahoma
“Great Asian restaurant”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My family and I will make the drive to Bartlesville about once every other month to have dinner at Ocean China.

First, I want to make it clear: I am not judging this restaurant strictly on their buffet. I've had their buffet. Yes, it's small, but it's good, very good, and if you're in for lunch and want some well made Asian food that you can get to quicker than ordering off the menu, then do not hesitate to visit them at lunch. It's asinine to judge a restaurant that offers such delicious food strictly on the basis of the size of their buffet. In any case...the quality of their small selection is far better than what you'll get at that other restaurant that only does buffet.

The joy from dining here comes from their menu items. You'll see the typical Chinese selections: General Tso's chicken, sweet and sour take-your-pick, cashew chicken, etc. They offer several mu shu dishes including pork, but I like mu shu chicken, and they do a great job with it. There are several specialty items that are at the front of their menu; get the one with shrimp and ginger. It's beyond delicious! Orange beef? Yes, very good. Dishes served in hot clay pots? Oh yeah, and they taste beautiful. There's no other way to describe it.

Service here has always been exceptional. Wait staff is usually young and very friendly. The owners are fine people who genuinely appreciate their customers' patronage.

I'll be blunt: I love this place. There are very few restaurants I'll say that about.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank WadeFromOklahoma
Nowata OK
“not much variety on the buffet”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

it's not bad it's just okay. Two other places in town have it beat...

Visited March 2012
“Best Chinese food in Bartlesville”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My favorite place to eat. Could eat there every day. They have the best dumplings.