“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

The Emerald House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Bartlesville
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a baseball tournament. The staff is not only clueless, but extremely rude. There were several things out of order, that ended up costing us more money. i.e: ice machine, washer, etc. After taking a shower and walking around the hotel room, my feet were BLACK! The breakfast set-up is confusing, and not that good. There are two parts of the hotel, a main building, and a separate one behind. It's seems like guests stay in the main building, and "residents" stay in the separate building. I will never stay here again, and I would like to prevent others from staying here too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shannon N
QualityGm065, General Manager at The Emerald House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I truly want to apologize that you did not have a good experience with us, as this is not our standard or typical for us as previous reviews show.
I hope refunding you your complete stay amount will somewhat rectify the situation and that you will be willing to give us another chance upon your future stays in Bartlesville.

Please accept my apologies for these issues and now I have used your response as a training tool for our staff to ensure a better situation for not only you but our future guests.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I got a very good price on this room because I reserved and paid in advance on line so no refunds.
I found the room itself, kingsize bed, to be satisfactory with a few exceptions. There was no nightstand on one side of the bed and the room was very dark. The decor was stylish with one wall painted very dark brown but unfortunately that contributed to it being dark. The AC was extremely loud, even on a low setting, and the bed was right next to it.

The bathroom was clean but very small and poorly lighted. Very little counter space for personal items. Towels were so thin I had to ask for an extra set; one wasn't enough to get dry, and I am a petite person!

The complimentary breakfast was the best part of this stay. There was a restaurant style sit down
breakfast ordered from a limited but adequate menu and served by a waitress. Coffee was always available in the lobby.

Room Tip: There is no elevator and I found the stairs to the second floor to be very steep to handle with lugg...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
QualityGm065, General Manager at The Emerald House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback, and I first want to apologize that you were not completely happy with your stay.

I just wanted you to know we are in process of replacing all the old A/C units, 1/4 of them are done and the rest will be completed In the next two weeks, which will take care of the noise issues with the older ones.

We are continuing our renovations and are looking for a completion by end of summer, so I do hope you will come back and see the changes. Unfortunately the bathroom sizes won't change, however if you do request a room in the back bldg. the vanities are larger and outside of the bathing area.

Thank you again for your feedback, we value these as it helps us to know where we need to focus and make some changes.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We made a "spur of the moment" decision to spend the night in Bartlesville, following a trip to Woolaroc Museum and Wildlife Refuge, yesterday afternoon. While enjoying a beverage, at the little bar at the top of World Famous Price Tower, we called the phone number for what was listed as a "Best Western Westin" because we have stayed at several Best Western Hotels in the past and have never been disappointed. The person who took the call said that a room on such short notice might be a problem--because they were a "host hotel" for some event that was going on--but she managed to find us one. The room was perfectly fine with me, the staff was very friendly and the "cooked to order breakfast" this morning was excellent. The only "issue" with the entire experience was that the phone number, in the local Chamber of Commerce brochure, that the bartender gave us, was actually for what is now this Quality Inn and the address shown is for a Hampton Inn a couple of blocks north of here. Once all that was figured out, we had a good stay. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdc_okc

We are glad you had a great stay once you found us. Making that change from Best Western after so many years still has people adjusting.

We are glad you were recommended to us and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to better serve our guests.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Made a reservation for an upcoming holiday weekend. Shelley was amazingly professional, courteous, and friendly. She took her time recommending some local restaurants, and making sure that I reserved lodging that fits our needs perfectly. I cannot wait to check in to this Quality Inn to see if the experience lives up to the wonderful reservation experience I had with Shelly. I recommend that her supervisors/management recognize her outstanding customer service and performance!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mommybot2

Thank you for your kind words, and I do hope that you had a pleasant stay with us while you were here.

We strive to give great service and to make every guest know how important they are and how much we appreciate them choosing us.

Please come see us again!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great place to stay. Clean, friendly personnel, high quality service, great prices. We got more much value for what we paid. If we travel again to Bartlesville Oklahoma, we surely stay at the Quality Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your compliments and we truly appreciate your thoughts.

We are glad you choose us for your lodging needs in Bartlesville, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for the last two plus years. Since this hotel has changed to a Quality Inn many renovations have been made. I always enjoyed staying here but the upgrades have been nice. The beds are fantastic. Breakfast is made to order every morning by a speedy and friendly staff. The front desk staff is knowledgeable about the area and in customer service. I travel for work and have to stay in hotels most days out of the week and I am always happy to return to the Quality Inn because the rooms are clean and quiet and the front desk staff have always been wonderful.

Room Tip: This hotel offers rooms in the main building as well as exterior rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank AudraFetters
QualityGm065, General Manager at The Emerald House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you so much for you feedback, we truly appreciate what our guests have to say and what they think about our property. We have worked very hard this past year on the renovations, and are glad you have gotten to see the changes as they occurred.

We appreciate the business You and Your Company have given us, we always look forward to seeing you!

We strive to offer Great Customer Service, as we feel a lot of our hotel guests are like family, and we need to treat them so.

Look forward to continuing to serve you and your company, and again, Thank you for the review to let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I can only sum up my complaint with this statement: "Don't Complain"!

Was completely happy with my stay. Even if the staff says I wasn't, I didn't realize they were mind readers too.

What I complained about, needing toilet paper and towels and the phone didn't work.

What I DIDN"T complain about. Rude, loud, obnoxious guests down the hall. Drunk guests. Drunken loud parties from room to room with door open. Obscene comments by guests to me and my daughters. Apparently its ok to use the restroom outside in front of me and my girls. Dog stinky on our shoes/boots. Staff swearing. Staff rude. Staff refusing to leave room while my daughters were changing. Staff wake you up at 9am sharp if your "Do Not Disturb" sign isn't up. Can't clean one room in 2-3hrs while gone. Staff lying about what I said. Staff talking terrible about each other to guests. Staff busy visiting with friends during work hours. Staff rude and inconsiderate to their non-English speaking staff. Staff blaming issues and problems on the non-English speaking staff. At least I was polite enough to download iTranslate on my iPhone, wasn't that hard for me to communicate with them. And apparently there is a phantom dog in our room barking while we aren't there, even though I took it everywhere with us. Except once for an hour while we went bowling during the three weddings they had on the property from 6:30-7:30. WIFI was terrible. Other dogs not on leashes. Bed was terribly hard. Room rarely vacuumed. Phone never did get fixed while we were there.

Gosh, probably shouldn't have complained about the toilet paper or towels and just used the tissues! I've never been to a hotel were the GM believes a one-sided view of what's going on and in 15 years of traveling to 29 states I have never been treated with so much disrespect by the staff as I have at this hotel. We will never return to this hotel no matter the circumstances. Bartlesville is filled with some very compassionate and thoughtfully staffed hotels other than this one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 74,083
QualityGm065, General Manager at The Emerald House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Again, Thank you for your response and feedback. I again apologize for not meeting the standard you were expecting, as I expressed in your other previous reviews online. I do try and do our best at pleasing each guest, and am sorry I could not have done this for you. We try and accommodate our guests as much as possible, like allowing your pet in a non pet friendly building and worked the best of our ability around your schedule, however we did not meet your needs and I am sorry.

I hope my response to the repeated reviews you have posted will make you understand that I do take my guest satisfaction very seriously and will do my best to ensure this is not an issue.