“Great Asian Buffet”

East China Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 39 Restaurants in Bixby
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 October 2012

So Good I went for lunch 3x in a week. The quality of food is VG. And there is such variety every time I visited I tried different items.

The popularity of this restaurant assures a good turnover of food and keeps the items fresh. There is enough variety to keep everyone happy. I had tried this restaurant in 2011, but only discovered this year they had a spicy baby octopus salad.

Good soups, noodles and rice, lots of different chicken dishes (I love the pepper chicken as it has some real bite to it), desserts, sushi (which I have not tried). And the price is under $10 for all you can eat. Unfortunately I tend to overeat, because it is so good.

Service is friendly and VG.

I rate it 5 because of what it offers. It isn't fine dining, but for what it offers it is great.

1  Thank LorenzoLorenzo
There are newer reviews for East China Restaurant

Reviewed 26 August 2012

This little jewel of a place is fabulous. It's nicely decorated and well-lit, with subtle Asian music playing overhead. A great buffet selection, with salad bar, dessert bar, sushi bar and Mongolian grill. This place got me interested in trying sushi nearly 10 years ago, and now I'm hooked for life. Everything is kept fresh, stocked and clean. The staff is highly attentive and the restrooms are well-maintained. I've been there dozens of times over the years and I doubt they've made a thin dime on me either time. Definitely worth stopping by if you're driving down south Memorial, and well worth an out-of-the-way trip to dine there.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Food is typical Chinese Buffet style. Fresh but the same as any buffet anywhere. The price is very good.

Reviewed 25 December 2011

Best chinese food very clean, service and to many food.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

I had lunch here 3 times as the buffet had a broad selection, and it was all good. They get a big draw at lunch of the trades. At $6.99 it is a deal. Proteins are mostly chicken, but they do have some beef, and a fair amount of shrimp.

The "buttered" shrimp is very good. They also have sushi, which I did not try. Also, have salads and desserts. Again I did not try these.

Soups are good. Tried the Hot & Sour as well as the egg drop. Prefer the Hot and Sour, but egg drop was good.

What I really like about the buffet is that you can try many dishes, and then pick the ones you really like. Everything I had was good, some better than others, but that is a personal choice. Mongolian beef stood out. The Rangoon was better than most I have had...it's like a dessert.

Servers are very friendly and attentive.

Overall, this is a VG restaurant. Highly recommend it.