“Very Disappointed”

Cuisines: Chinese
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We tried this buffet with open minds after reading reviews. Although I am skeptical of Chinese buffets I was hopeful when we walked in. The staff were friendly and the food looked decent at first glance.
The food was not good at all. The fried rice which is a staple of any Chinese food restaurant was not good and had corn in it which I have never seen in fried rice before.
My son abandoned the main dishes and went for dessert. He found something in his cake that we were not sure what it was. The price was $10 per person but felt like way to much after or disappointing experience.

• Visited July 2013

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Small Selection”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I at here on the 4th, and apparently the patriotic way to honor this country is to charge a higher price during lunch time. Nothing like getting blind sided when the check comes.
The selection of the buffet is moderate compared to others around. I did like that they had signs if kids were underage that they needed parents to accompany them. How ever its not enforced.
Unusual selections, on buffet wished they more original selections like chicken chow mein etc...

• Visited July 2013
Okmulgee
“Favorite Oriental Buffet”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Under $10.00 for one of the best stocked buffets in the area. They have a good selection of appetizers including a well stocked sushi bar and plenty of peel and eat shrimp even if they are on the small side. The salad bar is probably their weakest link but it is still adequate and their Hot and Sour Soup is jam packed with goodies including plenty of mushrooms and tofu. I eat there every chance I get.

Visited December 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Great Asian Buffet”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

So Good I went for lunch 3x in a week. The quality of food is VG. And there is such variety every time I visited I tried different items.

The popularity of this restaurant assures a good turnover of food and keeps the items fresh. There is enough variety to keep everyone happy. I had tried this restaurant in 2011, but only discovered this year they had a spicy baby octopus salad.

Good soups, noodles and rice, lots of different chicken dishes (I love the pepper chicken as it has some real bite to it), desserts, sushi (which I have not tried). And the price is under $10 for all you can eat. Unfortunately I tend to overeat, because it is so good.

Service is friendly and VG.

I rate it 5 because of what it offers. It isn't fine dining, but for what it offers it is great.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank LorenzoLorenzo
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“A great experience”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This little jewel of a place is fabulous. It's nicely decorated and well-lit, with subtle Asian music playing overhead. A great buffet selection, with salad bar, dessert bar, sushi bar and Mongolian grill. This place got me interested in trying sushi nearly 10 years ago, and now I'm hooked for life. Everything is kept fresh, stocked and clean. The staff is highly attentive and the restrooms are well-maintained. I've been there dozens of times over the years and I doubt they've made a thin dime on me either time. Definitely worth stopping by if you're driving down south Memorial, and well worth an out-of-the-way trip to dine there.

• Visited January 2012

Been to East China Restaurant? Share your experiences!