“Gung Hay Fat Choy, Happy New Year”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
East China Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 40 Restaurants in Bixby
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Made our first visit to East China Buffet in 2014 yesterday. We normally eat there 2-3 times a month with friends and have for several years and have always had good experiences. Although we are not gourmet's we have always found the food satisfying ,tasteful and selection extensive. Lunch is $6.99 and Dinner is $9.99 and we think it's a bargain, especially if you ask for the secret $.50 senior discount. We are greeted courteously and service is as expected . Sushi bar(no raw fish) is fresh,plentiful and varied. We like that this restaurant is always clean.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Since my husband is allergic to shellfish, I usually eat a lot of shrimp and stuffed crab here! Oh, and their crab and mayonaise dish is really good. They even have "sushi"...which is actually pretty good. Service is great, price is reasonable and they are conveniently located in Bixby on Memorial Ave.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We tried this buffet with open minds after reading reviews. Although I am skeptical of Chinese buffets I was hopeful when we walked in. The staff were friendly and the food looked decent at first glance.
The food was not good at all. The fried rice which is a staple of any Chinese food restaurant was not good and had corn in it which I have never seen in fried rice before.
My son abandoned the main dishes and went for dessert. He found something in his cake that we were not sure what it was. The price was $10 per person but felt like way to much after or disappointing experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I at here on the 4th, and apparently the patriotic way to honor this country is to charge a higher price during lunch time. Nothing like getting blind sided when the check comes.
The selection of the buffet is moderate compared to others around. I did like that they had signs if kids were underage that they needed parents to accompany them. How ever its not enforced.
Unusual selections, on buffet wished they more original selections like chicken chow mein etc...

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Under $10.00 for one of the best stocked buffets in the area. They have a good selection of appetizers including a well stocked sushi bar and plenty of peel and eat shrimp even if they are on the small side. The salad bar is probably their weakest link but it is still adequate and their Hot and Sour Soup is jam packed with goodies including plenty of mushrooms and tofu. I eat there every chance I get.

Been to East China Restaurant? Share your experiences!