“Staff Saved My Bacon!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Blackwell
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Staff Saved My Bacon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I needed to throw together a business meeting on short notice. The staff went way above and beyond the call of duty to not only make the facilities available, but to help me find other resources I needed. I've been a trainer for well over a decade and have never seen the willingness to go the extra mile like this. You just don't find service like this anymore. A million thanks for making the meeting that couldn't happen not only happen...but be a big success.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
BlackwellManagement, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dan,

We are very pleased that you were able to use our facility for your meeting needs. It was a pleasure having you all! Customer satisfaction is our driving force, and it is very nice to have them recognized for what they do best. Our staff strive every day to go that extra mile for each person that walks in our doors. Simply put, we care! I hope that you will be able to return to our hotel again in the future!

Thanks again,
Candi Matthews

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I dropped in off I-35 looking for a good place to spend the night. I found it here. It was almost dark when I arrived. The hotel was bright and inviting. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable (to include fridge and microwave and cold air [much appreciated on a very hot night]). I did not partake of the free breakfast but the wifi was free and fast. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
BlackwellManagement, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you had a restful stay. If you find yourself in the area again, you will have to try the breakfast.

Thanks again,
Loganville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Reasonable price, clean room, comfortable bed, in room coffee, good breakfast, Choice Hotel rewards. What more can I say, but have to use 200 characters. We would stay here again if we pass through Blackwell.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BlackwellManagement, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Hutchinson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was traveling to Texas with my Granddaughter and needed to stop for the night. Found the Econo Lodge and stopped. Very glad we did. The hotel was very clean, great staff and nice breakfast in the morning. We we checked out in the morning, it was storming and the desk clerk Ronnie (I think if I remember right) wished us a safe trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks for an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Stay here, it is EXCELLENT!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
BlackwellManagement, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Lyle,

Thank you for the review and recommendation. We, too, are glad that you found us and enjoyed your stay. Thanks again, and come back soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a long trip so we decided to break it up and stay in a hotel for a night. We stayed in Oklahoma City last time at another hotel chain and it was horrifying. We decided to drive a little further this time and stay in Blackwell. We were glad we did. It was a safe area, nice little patio, easy to find.
The resteraunt was ok. No liquor, just beer. The food was edible. There is a Subway there too.
The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and available. Exactly what we needed.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review. I never like to hear about a bad lodging experience, but I am glad that you found us. We are conveniently located equidistant from Oklahoma City and Wichita, KS. The perfect place to stop along the Interstate. We strive to raise the bar over guest expectations and deliver a clean, comfortable stay.

Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice facility in a very convenient location. Double queen room was good size and very quiet. Pool was open later so it could be used after dinner. Lots of choices for breakfast and nice sized breakfast room. Staff was very friendly!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BlackwellManagement, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our location right off of I-35 is easy to find and convenient for all types of travelers. We also appreciate your comments on the breakfast and will pass along your notes about our friendly staff to the team leaders. Please come see us again!

Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had to pull off the interstate to get a hotel due to icy road conditions. It was subzero temperatures. The hotel was more than accommodating. The young man made sure we knew all restaurants would close so we needed to get something to eat quickly. He was young and all alone, trying to check in all the travelers by himself. He remained calm, polite and helpful throughout the ordeal. The only complaint I had, was the room wouldn't warm up, he kept telling me that it took awhile. I had my hubby go to the desk to get more blankets, the room finally warmed a little at 2am. My nose, face and hands were cold all night. I wish he would have had somebody look at it, but he told us there was nothing that could be done. I'm sure that was true, given it was 10pm. I had to sleep in my clothes most of the night, and I could not shower until morning. It was cool in the morning, but not cold Room 130 might need a little work on the heater, as cold air was coming in around it faster than it could heat. This was March 1st.

Room Tip: Great little hotel for the price.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
BlackwellManagement, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like apologize for the temperature in your room. A comfortable stay for our guests is a top priority, and a maintenance ticket was generated on your room to address the issue. I am glad you were able to escape the road conditions and found your way to our hotel. Thanks again.

Candi Matthew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackwell
BEST WESTERN Blackwell Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Ponca City
Super 8 Blackwell
Super 8 Blackwell
#4 of 6 in Blackwell

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!