“Dishonest employee.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Broken Arrow
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My son's baseball team stayed at this hotel due to it being close to the ball park. We checked out at 11:00 AM on Sunday. That evening my son realized he had forgotten his phone on the nightstand between the two beds. I called that same evening. I was told they would check with the cleaning staff. They stated nobody had checked into the room we stayed in. I called the next morning and they said nobody had found the phone, and suggested we probably lost it somewhere else. We checked our phone history and a Tulsa # had been called. I called the hotel back to inform them that this # had been called by my son's phone. I then received a call back from them asking me to send proof of the # and asked if I had insurance on the phone (yes, but it cost me $75.00) I sent them the proof, only for them to tell me that the number on our history was their housekeeper's #, and she has worked for them for a long time and she checked her phone history and it did not show she received a call from my son's #. I continued to try and explain. The simple fact is ...that # showed up, and that one of your employees has taken my sons phone and are lying to you about it. They are being dishonest! I find it pathetic that the owner Sonya (I believe was her name) had proof that her employee had obviously had my son's phone or knew who did, and she did absolutely nothing about it.

I will never stay at that hotel again, as they continue to employee a thief!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dusty P

Reviewed 9 December 2011

It is a decent room for the price paid. I have stayed at this hotel twice before because of the good location, clean rooms, and good service. Rooms are good size and have fairly comfortable beds, and is clean. Doesn't have that old musty moldy smell like some hotels do. The bathroom has old fixtures & some broken tile. The carpet & Linens look a little old, but they are clean. Could use a remodel of fixtures, furniture & linens. But overall for the value I was needing, this hotel worked perfectly and i will use again. *The hotel does not have an elevator, so be sure to ask for a bottom level room if you do not want to tote luggage up the stairs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2011

nice people operate this motel and while the rooms are standard, they're clean with a comfortable bed. Great price and it includes a good breakfast (eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, pastries, and cereals). It's located next to hwy 51 for quick access to tulsa or the surrounding area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
JankiInc, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Reviewed 26 July 2009

We stayed here one night on our way home from our western vacation. The service was nice enough but they could have been a little cleaner. the halls were not clean at all. The breakfast was very simple. We would probably not stay here again. There is a Hampton inn next door which probably would have been better.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cookingqueen05
JankiInc, G.M. at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2009

Thank You input . This help us and we will work hard on Cleanlieness Issue.

Reviewed 16 April 2009

I felt biased walking into the lobby because I work at a luxury hotel in another state, but we needed an economical hotel for a family reunion so I booked this one. I was very happy with our stay. Every request we made was taken care of, everything in the room worked well, and the location was perfect for us. The room was very spacious and clean. We had to find a few things around town and the front desk agent was very helpful with his local knowledge. The breakfast was a nice bonus; I often went down to get something a little before breakfast was over and was happy to see that everything was still stocked. The free wireless worked like a charm as well. When we go back to visit family again, I bet we'll stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank afireinside21
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I can't complain that much. I even got a ride from the general manager to a local place I had to attend.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Jetairliner85
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I had fairly low expectations given the price that our corporate travel specialist booked me here for but the location was convenient, I was arriving late and leaving early the next morning so I figured I would survive. I am pleased to say that this hotel exceeded all of my expections of mediocrity.

I thought it strange that all of the unoccupied rooms, mine included, had the doors propped open. I thought that it was a security risk. If I were a woman travelling alone, I would not have entered the room. The room itself was not so bad. It was clean and had been partially updated. The furniture was still the late 80's, early 90's variety but the in-room vanity had been replaced with granite. The bed was decent although the pillows were tiny and lumpy. I slept fairly well and actually thought that I had been pleasantly surprised.

It was in the morning that my disappointment set in. Firstly, I had no newspaper which, as a Choice rewards member, I am supposed to receive outside my door. Not a big deal. I got one at the front desk when I went for breakfast, which was okay. Secondly, I did not get my statement under the door as I usually do so I had to stand in line to check out.

I had run out of shaving gel, so took advantage of the little notice about complimentary toiletries being available. The clerk gave me a little sachet of gel that was so old that it had liqified. Still not a big deal. When I went to shower however,I discovered that the room had no toiletries, none at all. I took another trip to the front desk , checking the empty rooms with the open doors and found that they did not have any either. At first the clerk did not believe me but set he me up with soap and shampoo. Back down the hall I went and as I undressed I thought to myself that at least there were towels.

I was wrong!

In the bathroom were two tiny handtowels and a washrag. I had to laugh at my mistaken confidence. I checked the empty rooms again and found one towel in the first and then hit the jackpot in the second where there were a full complement of four. I made a point of using all of them!

I told all of this to the lady at checkout who immediately blamed the maid. I asked about the paper and statement also and was told that they do not do this there. I felt guilty for asking.

I have never, in thirty years of business travel, gone into a hotel room with no toiletries or towels. I suspect that the fault lies not with the maid but with the level of commitment to service from the managers/owners.

Or perhaps a towel and soap thief is sneaking into the empty rooms. I must check ebay!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)