“Not bad at all”

Ranked #1 of 2 Broken Arrow B&B and Inns
Cadier en Keer, The Netherlands
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I can't complain that much. I even got a ride from the general manager to a local place I had to attend.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank Jetairliner85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I had fairly low expectations given the price that our corporate travel specialist booked me here for but the location was convenient, I was arriving late and leaving early the next morning so I figured I would survive. I am pleased to say that this hotel exceeded all of my expections of mediocrity.

I thought it strange that all of the unoccupied rooms, mine included, had the doors propped open. I thought that it was a security risk. If I were a woman travelling alone, I would not have entered the room. The room itself was not so bad. It was clean and had been partially updated. The furniture was still the late 80's, early 90's variety but the in-room vanity had been replaced with granite. The bed was decent although the pillows were tiny and lumpy. I slept fairly well and actually thought that I had been pleasantly surprised.

It was in the morning that my disappointment set in. Firstly, I had no newspaper which, as a Choice rewards member, I am supposed to receive outside my door. Not a big deal. I got one at the front desk when I went for breakfast, which was okay. Secondly, I did not get my statement under the door as I usually do so I had to stand in line to check out.

I had run out of shaving gel, so took advantage of the little notice about complimentary toiletries being available. The clerk gave me a little sachet of gel that was so old that it had liqified. Still not a big deal. When I went to shower however,I discovered that the room had no toiletries, none at all. I took another trip to the front desk , checking the empty rooms with the open doors and found that they did not have any either. At first the clerk did not believe me but set he me up with soap and shampoo. Back down the hall I went and as I undressed I thought to myself that at least there were towels.

I was wrong!

In the bathroom were two tiny handtowels and a washrag. I had to laugh at my mistaken confidence. I checked the empty rooms again and found one towel in the first and then hit the jackpot in the second where there were a full complement of four. I made a point of using all of them!

I told all of this to the lady at checkout who immediately blamed the maid. I asked about the paper and statement also and was told that they do not do this there. I felt guilty for asking.

I have never, in thirty years of business travel, gone into a hotel room with no toiletries or towels. I suspect that the fault lies not with the maid but with the level of commitment to service from the managers/owners.

Or perhaps a towel and soap thief is sneaking into the empty rooms. I must check ebay!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor Customer Service
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Broken Arrow hotels

Arkansas
Reviewed 31 March 2008

The Customer Service at this hotel sucks. We had to switch rooms in the middle of the night because our toilet over flowed. The Hotel staff tried to blame us and even suggested putting mats over the soiled floor instead of giving us a clean room? The refrigerator didn't work? Basically this hotel isn't worth your money.

• Liked — Nothing Really worst experience ever.
  • Disliked — The over flowing toliet.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Decatur, IL
Reviewed 13 October 2007

Stay away. This appears to be a refurbished Econolodge that they slapped the Comfort Inn name on. The night we stayed here they had just black-topped the parking lot and did not do it in stages as they should have. Left black tar on my suitecase wheels and clothes. Rooms were not up to what I expect from a Comfort Inn location.

Stayed October 2007
Hiawatha, KS
Reviewed 1 December 2006

When online reserving two rooms at Comfort Inn and only after I clicked on reserve did I find that what was going to cost $60+ for the first night in our king bed room was tripled to $180+ for the second night. When I called the Comfort Inn to verify that price, they said the reason for such an increase was due to a special event taking place in Broken Arrow. Needless to say, I cancelled the reservations and booked at Clarion across the street for a lot cheaper price, but just as nice if not more so in quality! And to think I thought the only price gouger's were oil companies?!

Stayed November 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 30 January 2006

After leaving another hotel in the area we ended up at the Comfort Inn for about a week. The hotel staff was really nice. We got a room and there were some very odd looking stains on the floor and the phone was not working. When we called downstairs to report this, they immediately moved us to a much better room and apologized for the problem. I loved their continental breakfasts. I really enjoyed the fact that there was a microwave and a refrigerator in the room which cut down a lot on how much we had to spend on food. I did like how quiet the place was. All in all I would book another room at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank RYancy8062
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2005

I've stayed in some bad places and this was one of them. The motel was over-booked to start with. Persons who had reservations were turned away. One such couple spent more than 45 minutes complaining and arguing with the desk clerks. For some reason, a room was available for us. If the couple who failed to get a room had known the conditions of this dump, they would have gladly thanked the desk clerks and walked out the front door.

Our room was not what we requested. Instead of a two-bed, non-smoking, we got a smoking with one bed. The rollaway had so many springs missing, my son fell through, and I had to take it out of the room and put the mattress on the floor.

The AC leaked into the room and the room reeked of mold and stale smoke.

They had Musak on in the hall at an excrutiatingly high volume. I had to ask them (before we went to bed and again at 5:30 in the morning) to turn it off. Let me assure you, it didn't add to the ambiance of this rat hole.

The pool was about the size of a Jacuzzi and was rife with mold.

One night was all we could take.

Unless you are a real masochist, stay away from this place.

• Stayed June 2005