“What a Disapointment!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Broken Arrow
Tulsa, OK
“What a Disapointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I found this hotel on the internet, It looked good on the internet so I reserved an efficency room. When I got to the hotel the lobby was plain but looked clean. I was informed my reservation had been upgraded since he rented the last efficency about the same time my reservation came in. Great! No, Problem!

Unfortunatly, my room didn't measure up. My first problem was the Remote for the TV did not work. I have to get up and change the channel and the volumn....How 1970s! Also, there is no TV in the bedroom. The room itself is nice enough, stove and fridge are old but seem to function well. There is something spilled in the freezer (not frost free) and has not been cleaned, neither has the side of the stove. Might I mention that there is no dishes, pans, cups or coffee in the kitchen. There is a small coffee maker but no coffee.

Also, It was so HOT in the room when I got in. The air conditioner was off and it was showing 95 degrees in the room. The air conditioner worked but only seemed to have one speed. It took almost 3 hours for the room go get comfortable. Unfortunatly there was only 1 vent in the ENTIRE suite of rooms. I ended up sleeping in the living room area with the air conditioner, on a very uncomfortable couch. Since the bed sheets were stained and had burn holes in them I went out to my car and got a sheet and blanket (I'm moving so I had them).

It was also advertised that there was Free Wi-Fi available but I was unable to use it...

I did call the office and was told that there was one more room available but I declined to move as I didn't want to wait another 3 hours to cool down a room (it was 11:15pm by now). The desk clerk who was very nice when I got here got rather snappish when I called to tell him about my experience thus far.

I was planning to stay another 3 days til my apartment is ready but I think I'll find another motel tomorrow.

Although they are refurbishing the hotel I still say, If you stay here....Good Luck!

Room Tip: Did not use the Fitness center and cooked in room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Copper_nm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

We recently stayed in this dump. It was my birthday so my husband and I and our two small children decided to make a trip to Tulsa to see the Aquarium. We found this place on another travel website, the pictures looked nice and the price was good. We drove the 2 hours and checked in. The lobby wasnt bad but when we got to our room, we were in shock. The sofa had large tears in it, it smelled like animals. The kitchen was filthy and had no pots, pans, etc. The fridge wouldnt stay cold. The bed was broken and laying on the floor. The lock on the door was broke. We called the front desk but was told that there wasnt another room to be switched to. We decided to stay since we were already there. We had to sleep on top of the blankets because there were a lot of stains on the sheets. There was a young girl that was prostituting herself near our room all night. There was alot of noise which sounded like fighting. When it came time to sleep we put chairs in front of the door so that no one would come in. At 3:00am 3 men came beating on our door and tried to kick it in. They were saying "Security, open the door! Stop flushing the drugs" We were in fear, so I called the front desk and the rather rude lady said that it was security and we needed to open the door. I kept my now terrified children with me while my husband opened the door. The men said that they were looking for a drug dealer and because we had only paid for a one-night-stay that we were suspicious. My husband and I went off! They were insane beating on the door and terrifying me and my family. They apologized and went on to harrass other customers. Since it was 3am we decided to stay because we dont know the area and didnt know where to go at such a time. In the morning, we tried to bathe but the shower didnt work and we didnt have any towels. We packed up and went to check out. There was a young man at the desk and I told him that we were very unhappy. He said "well we needed to get the drug dealers caught". Not great detective work there. Another female then came in the lobby and was shouting at the desk clerk about the same "security" but they had successfully broken into her room and went thru her personal belongings. She had local cops on the way. We got out of there. You should never have to fear for your life when on a mini-vacation. This place almost ruined our weekend. DO NOT STAY HERE unless you like to sleep in filth, are looking for drugs and/or a prostitute or want to be harrassed my wanna-be cops at 3am!!! TOTAL DUMP!!!!! You couldnt pay me a million dollars to go near that place again.

Room Tip: I have NOTHING nice to say about this place!!! DONT STAY HERE!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jamie J

Travellers are raving about these Broken Arrow hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

we got to the motel on sat before memorial

day and checked in. we read a sign in the

lobby that said something like if your room

smelled like pets when you left and you

didn't pay the pet deposit, they would

charge you $300 when you checked out.

we went to the room they gave us and

when we opened the door, the smell of wet

dirty dogs about knocked us down. it

smelled horrible. i immediately closed the

door and went back to the lobby to let

them know. we don't have pets and we

weren't going to take a chance of getting

charged for them when we left beside the

fact no one could stay in that room with

that smell. they gave us another room on

the third floor. it was much better.

that night, at 11:30pm there was a couple

right outside our door who argued with

each other at the top of their lungs for

around 15 min. long enough to where i was

going to call the police if they didn't quit.

thank goodness they quit. there were kids

running up and down the halls all hours of

the night. it was difficult to get any sleep

that night.

This motel had a full kitchen but no

dishes, not pots or pans, no dish soap and

no coffee pot for the coffee maker (and

no coffee, either).when we asked at the

front desk about it, they told us they

don't provide those things. there is nothing

on their website that states that. why

would you stay in a motel with a full

kitchen and bring your own dishes, coffee,

pots and pans and other stuff with you

when you travel? all of the other

extended stays we have stayed at had

those things for our convienence.

the high speed wireless internet didn't

work unless you called the desk and they

reset the router. every single time i

wanted to get on the internet, i had to

call them. and then most of the time i

had to wait 15 min before it would finally

connect. It definately was NOT high

speed. It was slower than a turtle, for

sure.

Sun morning my husband went to get

coffee and there was a woman stuck in the

elevator and her boyfriend was trying to

get her out. my husband asked at the

front dest when the elevator would be

fixed and they said the elevator repair

people would not come until tues. because

it was a holiday weekend. When he told me

that I went to the front desk and told

them that I had just had knee surgery a

couple of months ago and couldn't climb up

and down the stairs from the third floor.

They told us they could move us. I asked

if there would be someone who could carry

our stuff down to that room. They said

yes. We got in the new room and got

settled in and left for a picnic.

when we got back we noticed there was no

ironing board, no iron, no curling iron, no

coffee maker and the air conditioner made

noise like a heliocopter was right outside

the door. it was late and we were tired so

we went to sleep. again, it was hard to get

sleep with the air conditioner kicking in all

night making that loud noise. when i got

up the next morning to use the bathroom, i

saw a roach running across the floor. i

was freaking out. i then started looking at

the floor and i saw several dead roaches in

the kitchen. We packed up our stuff and

checked out.

While we were there, we went to the patio

furniture store next door. They asked

how we came about staying at that motel.

I told him the internet. He told us that he

wouldn't recommend anyone staying there.

they have has their truck broken into 4

times by people staying at the motel and

they have a 6 foot fence around their

property and a gated entrance they keep

locked when they aren't there.

I would not recommend this place to stay

at all. The only good thing was the people

at the front desk. they were nice enough.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Tulsa Extended Stay Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
When you checked in, we do have a sign at the front desk indicating that if you do have a pet, please register it with the front desk, and of course we have a non refundable pet deposit. I am sorry you misunderstood that. Our front desk should have made that clear.

Our front desk was correct in telling you that we do not provide pots and pans and dishes. Most of our guest that check in, have their own dishes and cooking utensils due to them check in for long term.

I am sorry that you had problems with the Internet. We have a new internet system and even though we experience some problems from time to time from our carrier, & somethimes the connection is in your settings on your computer. we would have been more than happy to have helped you determine the problem.

We did not get any reports of any of our guest having vehicles broke into four times.I have checked with front desk and with the Police Dept and found nothing.

However, I would like to offer you a 10%discount upon your return here in Tulsa. Please ask for me personally so I can honor your discounted rate upon check in.
tulsa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

This place is just terrible its falling apart there is a car sitting outside missing tires, holes in the walls, THERE ARE NO KITCHEN WEAR LIKE THEY SAY IN ADVERTISEMENT, The only thing that was decent was the ac and wifi other than i wouldnt recomend this place Hitler. The girl behind desk was rude

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank scrappdog
I apologize that you had a bad experience at our hotel. Even though I was not here at that time, I would like to offer you a 10% discount on your stay when you return to Tulsa. Please ask for me personally when you make your reservation.
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

Filthy, stinking, broken, flooded and blocked up room. Nothing worked, phone, fridge, bath, radio-alarm, stove. I think there was only 1 working phone in the whole place an d it was swapped between those who rang reception to complain. Filthy bathroom, filthy cupboards, filthy carpet, a putrid crappy dirty place.
I know of the saying that you get what you pay for and this place was very very inexpensive, BUT, it was just too bad to ever suggest it to anyone else.
THE STAFF WERE GREAT AT MOST TIMES THOUGH and as helpful as they could be...

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank crowe1946
Goodman, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

I read the reviews before I booked this room. I was expecting a better that what we got. When we checked in we asked that our room be close to friends we were traveling with. Nope she didn't even try. When we got to the room the key would not work properly, but we finally got in. The smell was so bad that we had to leave the door open for a while. Musty and dirty. The walls looked like they may have been painted in the last year, but we were not sure. The bed was actually not too bad. The heater did not work, the lamp beside the bed didn't work right, but we finally managed to turn it off. When we check in the clerk said the internet was down and they were working on it. Sunday morning it was up but for some reason I was unable to access it. The breakfast was a joke. A paper sack with a plum, a bottled water and a packaged cake. REALLY!! Compared to our friends room ours was not that bad....at least it didn't have a leftover package of bologna in the fridge.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank seburr
kmillerd, General Manager at Tulsa Extended Stay Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 November 2010
I truly apologize for your disatisfaction with your room. I was aware of the issue with your keys which we resolved as quickly as we could. I was not aware of the other issue with your stay and would like a chance to resolve these issues with you personally. Regarding breakfast, we take your comments into considersation as we look to make changes in the future. Please call or send an email so we can discuss your issues. We are striving to improv this property and hope we can earn your business again in the future.

Keri M. Millerd
Tulsa Extended Stay inn and Suites
918-627-0030
kmillerd@tulsaextendedstay.com
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

I read the reviews before making reservations to stay here, so I was not surprised at anything. We stayed two nights for our daughter's graduation.

The staff is very courteous.
Lobby is very nice and very clean.
Nice breakfast.
Linens were crisp and clean.
Everything we asked for was provided very promptly.
Huge walk-in closet.
(fyi The only dishes provided are plastic cups, so you'll need to bring some if you're staying a long time.)

The carpet was very frayed, but the tiles in the kitchen and bathroom were new, so I suspect the carpet will soon be replaced. The counters, sink, and toilet was sparkling clean, but the floors were dusty. The pool and landscaping was very nice, but the walkways needed to be swept (the debris could have come from the winds the day before when the tornado sirans went off).

All in all, it was an excellent value for us.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
#4 of 13 in Broken Arrow
Red Roof Inn Tulsa
Red Roof Inn Tulsa
#57 of 108 in Tulsa

Been to Tulsa Extended Stay Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!