“Outstanding”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was just in town for one day on business but the stay was effortless. From check in to exit everything was easy, I was greeted with a smile by an efficient desk clerk upon arrival. The bed was very comfortable, the curtains were close to blackout, and the breakfast had a good selection. Good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chino Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 14 November 2013

An especially good find on weekends when the rates are lower, this property is very convenient to the highway and to most anywhere in Tulsa (despite being just across the city limits in Broken Arrow). The access to Highways 51/64 is so easy that you get to Tulsa faster than hotels that are closer to the city but less convenient. The suite has a kitchen, a very good shower and a nice TV, although the TV location relative to the bed and/or couch was a little odd. The free breakfast was OK.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 November 2013

First off, let me start by saying the rooms were spacious and clean. My problem started when I arrived. We were there for a softball tournament and our team had a block of rooms for a negotiated price. Earlier in the week, we decided to come in on Friday night and stay for 2 nights. I was told at that time that the rooms our team had reserved (2 queens) were sold out for Friday night but they had a king with a sofa bed available. I said fine; that would work. We arrive on Friday night, get our room key, and go to our room. It was a handicapped room. So, I go back to the front desk, and said we prefer a room with a bathtub. Sorry, that's all we have. I informed them I was never told that I would get a handicapped room. Well, that's all we have left and it's Marriott policy to give those out if we are sold out. I get that but I wasn't informed. Too bad for me! I told them it might be a deal breaker. Once again, too bad for me, because they are going to charge me anyway, ma'am. (Somehow, saying ma'am is supposed to make me feel better!). Well, of course, we stayed. they said I could check on Saturday morning to see if they had any queen rooms for Saturday night but who wants to move all their stuff?? If I had been told ahead of time that I would be getting a handicapped room then I would have stayed somewhere else or accepted it. However, I wasn't given a choice. Wow! For a Marriott Rewards member, I don't feel very valued!

Now on to things travelers might wonder about: Breakfast was abundant, beds were rock hard, the outside areas were nice but trash was overflowing in one of the trash cans. I think they allow pets. Around the area, there was a BBQ place, a couple of small local restaurants, a Marble Slab Creamery and a Lone Star Steakhouse.

The last 2 times I've stayed at a Marriott brand property, there has been a problem. I think I will stick with Hilton.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Aurora, CO
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had a spacious two-bedroom suite at a very reasonable cost. The full kitchen was very nicely equipped. It was quiet at night. Beds were comfortable. Food is available at several venues on the same corner. Breakfast was mostly carbs but we ate in our room. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite with lots of windows that was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RandiGAurora
Mission, Kansas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I walked into the lobby and before I got 10 feet into the lobby the nice young lady at the desk welcomed me. As she was checking me in, she had someone make sure my room was clean. Instead of just standing there, she continued to explain to me about the various amenities and where the breakfast was held and what was available. Before she finished, the person called down and said the room was clean. There was no significant delay in my check-in, not that I would mind because she was so helpful! Room was clean and comfortable. Didn't hear the people next door and they had children. Wonderful facility!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the in-laws. They live in Broken Arrow, so this was a great location for us. The friendly staff and clean rooms were very nice. The free breakfast is always a bonus as well. Great for anyone travleing needed the basic essentials.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2013

As we came into the lobby to check in Wednesday July 3, we were greeted by a friendly lady. My kids said her name was Yvette, not sure her name but she was just a precious gal. She greeted us each morning and was very helpful.
We never got up in time for the breakfast so I cant comment on that but I will say the beds were super comfy so we slept in.
The view is beautiful on the back side, reminds me of Austin's hill country.
We try to eat healthy and brought the ingredients for made from scratch pizza among other meals. The oven wasn't huge but was enough for mom to make several meals during our stay. Love the kitchen.
Glad we cancelled the Renaissance and went to Towneplace, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family