“Pet friendly w/ some fine print”

TownePlace Suites Tulsa Broken Arrow
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Broken Arrow
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

When I checked in, I signed some paperwork that explained the rules for my pet during my stay. One of the rules I read was "No excessive barking".

I asked the attendant to elaborate since this was the first time I have taken my dog to stay away from home. If I run an errand, what's going to happen if he's barking the whole time?

They answered that I'm not allowed to leave my dog in the hotel unattended. I thought that was a little unrealistic. I live locally so it's not a big deal for me to leave him at my house while I run these errands. But what if I didn't? If I was living out of town, I would want to visit places that sometimes don't allow pets too. I find it very confusing why they make it a big deal to take your pet w/ you everywhere.

And on further note, I think if a person checks into a "pet-friendly" hotel that it should go without saying that pets are going to make noises sometimes. If you can't deal w/ it, don't check into one.

I just think the policy shouldn't be so rigid. But that's me.

All else aside, it was a very nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank traveling_gal01
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Tulsa Broken Arrow

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the hotel that we always stay at when visiting family in the area. We have stayed here the past 4 years several times. When we first started staying here the breakfast was not much at all, I noticed this past March they improved on that. They now offer Hot items. We always get the 2 bedroom suite and it is a nice size for us. I have noticed though that the past couple times that is starting to look very worn out and in need of updating and carpets cleaned! We stayed twice in March back to back weekends and last visit the room we got was really worn and stained up furniture and carpets. They allow animals so beware of that a room we got before smelled of urine and the next morning I asked if we could move and the staff was very helpful and had a room for us with in 10 minutes. We are always just staying for a quick over night or weekend stay and it seems to work for us. Hopefully the hotel will consider updates soon.

Room Tip: higher floor to avoid noise. They allow pets. Small pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Kerri V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tulsa Broken Arrow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I sincerely regret that you had some issues with previous stays. Our hotel goal is always to exceed quests expectations, and we are always looking for ways to improve their stay. When returning to Broken Arrow please contact me personally about how we can positively impact your next stay and resolve these issues to your satisifaction. Thanks again for your imput !

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for a few nights with our sons (5 & 6 yo). The wifi was patchy & not very reliable. The breakfasts were so-so. It seemed like they only had 2 warm entrees in rotation; we ate 4 breakfasts there & it alternated between scrambled eggs with bacon, & biscuits (which were hard & dry) & sausage gravy. They had the standard waffles, yogurt, pastries, bagels, oatmeal, & hard-boiled eggs, as well as cold cereal. The room was spacious & we loved all of the drawer space. The kitchenette was nice, though we didn't cook any food there. It was also great having a full-sized table with 4 chairs, which made eating in the room comfortable. Upon settling into our room, I noticed the toilet seat was dirty. To be fair, I simply used a wipe to clean it & didn't tell the front desk. We did use the pool once, which was fine. It's not a bad place, but between the poor wifi & the less-than-average breakfast, we'll try another hotel in that area next time. Location was nice near the highway & restaurants. We did feel like the hotel was unusually quiet, which was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TowneplaceManager, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tulsa Broken Arrow, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thankyou for your input to Trip Advisor on our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issues with your room and the wifi internet during your stay. As a Marriott property we strive to make each guests stay a positive one. I hope you give us an opportunity to win your business back when in Tulsa/Broken Arrow. Thanks again for your information.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was one of my worst hotel stays ever. As a Marriott Platinum Premier I expect to at least get decent accommodations. When I checked into the room, I turned on the air conditioning as low as it would go and sat down on the sofa. I put my arm on the arm of the sofa and was cut by a bunch of pins that someone had left there from sewing or opening a new shirt. I left the room and went to dinner. Upon my return several hours later, the room was still uncomfortably warm and not comfortable for sleeping. Finally, when I did go to sleep I was confronted with blood stains on the sheets. Fortunately, no bed bugs that I could find, but unmistakable blood stains. The next morning at breakfast, I took a skim milk that was spoiled and sour and almost made me vomit. I would avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank RBVHL
TowneplaceManager, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tulsa Broken Arrow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I would like to first apologize that your recent stay did not meet your expectations, and that this fell far short of our level of service and quality that we try to achieve as a hotel. This is certainly not the type of experience that you see reflected in our many other reviews. We take these comments and input very serious.... with our hotel team focusing on a consistent quality hotel room for Marriott guests. Please accept our apology for this stay.......we would like the opportunity to serve you again and win your business back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for the weekend because it was pet friendly. It was a thoroughly enjoyable stay with everything being perfect. Staff was very friendly and even gave our dog, Fred a treat that they keep at the check-in counter. Our 2 bedroom suite was nice and quiet on the 4th floor at the end of the hall even though there were several little league baseball team members there with their families. We had free wifi and also a full breakfast free both mornings with offerings of eggs, bacon, several bread and fruit choices, yogurts and even a waffle maker. It is super convenient to the BA expressway as well.

Fred the dog, my daughter and I definitely recommend this hotel especially for longer stays since it is more like a small apartment than just a hotel room.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear LMH 02523

Thanks for your input on Trip Advisor on our hotel. We hope Fred enjoyed himself as well ! Our staff hopes to provide great accommodations for our guests during their stay in Broken Arrow. Thank you for your hotel business......we hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future again !

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Loved this hotel. We stayed one night here and it was wonderful. The rooms were very pretty and clean. The bed comfortable and most of the staff friendly. I did have one staff member get short with someone in my party because no one told her when she called that she needed a credit card or debit card. She only deals with cash and the woman was not very nice and didn't want to work with us. The breakfast was a much larger selection than I imagined. Mostly it was amazing. I woukd hace scored it perfect if the woman would have been more helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank bluekit85
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this hotel. Very clean, friendly staff and was worth the money!!!! Will stay there again! The breakfast was good. It's not a fancy hotel, but they take pride in the rooms looking good. Great location. The front desk made sure we had everything we needed. Just an overall great visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TowneplaceManager, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tulsa Broken Arrow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Sarah

We sincerely appreciate your input on your recent stay at our TownePlace Suites. Our staff from the front desk to the maintenance are very committed to meeting the needs of the guest while visiting our hotel in Broken Arrow. We looking forward to having you again !

Sincerely yours,