“Good price and great room!”

Holiday Inn Express Broken Arrow
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Broken Arrow
Kansas City
“Good price and great room!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I am allergic to cigarette smoke and mold, so I cannot stay just anywhere. Also, I admit I am a neat freak and I strive to stay in the cleanest place possible. There were two big youth sports events in Broken Arrow this weekend, and my child was participating, so I had to get a hotel since we are out of state, and the competition was over two days. I stayed at a rat trap the first night, and checked out and came to this Holiday Inn when I found a room open up. I am so glad I switched hotels...very comfortable, no odors, and very clean.

It wasn't perfect: First, we didn't get our room until well after 4pm due to slow room cleanup from the night before. The internet at this site is the slowest I've ever seen, but they do have two computers and internet access for guests (but the connection is SLOW). A plastic part fell off the room heater (it was 30 degrees outside so we needed heat) the Heat was working but this little part just fell off the blower. The coffee at breakfast kept running out and the help was slow to refill. The toiletries were very few--ran out of shampoo and conditioner with three people--a little stingy on those. Also, the water pressure in the bathroom sink was really weak; could barely brush my teeth.

BUT...there were many good things: We had a 2 Qu room with a little microwave and minifridge, along with a full-sized ironing board with iron, and a hair dryer was in the bathroom. The bathrooms were clean and large with an extra tall ceiling and a curved rod to give even more room while in the shower. The bed was firm and comfortable, with soft pillows and many cable channels. The rug and walls were clean and pleasant. Granite countertops in the bathroom. No bad odors, or perfumes sprayed to cover up odors--was genuinely clean. The water in the shower was not weak like the sink and worked very well, and was nice and hot on a cold winter day. Newer tile and wallpaper throughout. Pleasant staff. Hot and cold items included in the room rate, including many types of coffee, waffles, fruits, yogurts, other hot items, and a pleasant dining room to eat. Although, I found that people in this general area like to stand right in front of things and take their time with no regard to other guests, but maybe its just an Oklahoma thing, because they did that in restaurants in the area and also at the local department store. Oh well. Anyway, this property is close to MANY things--a cinema, many chain restaurants like Oklahoma Joes, Applebees, Buffalo Wild Wings, Longhorn Steak house, and many fast food options within a mile. Also this property is like less than a mile away from the local very large hospital if that is important to you. Another thing is that this property shares a parking lot with a steak-n-shake, and a couple of small coffee shops, as well as another hotel and a few small businesses. It is on a hill overlooking the Broken Arrow city area, which is actually kind of pretty at night for a small-sized town. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Main floor is great for avoiding unsupervised youngsters from running up and down the hall and makin...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
North Dakota
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for four nights. Three times the fire alarms went off during the middle of the night and early morning. We asked for a discount and was offered $10 off our one night stay. I certainly hope that everyone who was staying that night asked for a discount even though it was miserly. The front desk also offered free pop or water to arriving guests but not to anyone in our group. Even though they have free popcorn that doesn't make up for several poor night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GMTULBA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Broken Arrow, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
We regret the issues with our fire alarm system during your stay and did the best that we could to make amends for those who were adversely affected, such as yourself. I apologize for the interruptions and give you my assurance that we did everything possible to silence the system while the repairs were made to our mis-reading sensors. The system was operating but sending incorrect signals to the fire panel, thus the false alarms.

Our team offers lemon water and popcorn to all guests but we recognize our valued IHG Rewards members with their choice of soda (or water) at check in. Since you were not already members and declined to enroll at check in this offer was not extended to you or those in your party. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Our AGM Chris has contacted you on a couple of occasions and we wish to make the best of this unfortunate situation should you choose to correspond with him.

Heflin AL
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have stayed here several times and each time we go back, I keep thinking it has got to go down. But nothing has changed! The front desk is exceptionally friendly, fast and efficient. The rooms are beautiful and spotless. The breakfast bar is well stocked and clean. This remains the hotel that I compare all others with. The location is great, close to restaurants and major highways. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GMTULBA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Broken Arrow, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
We are thrilled that you allowed us the opportunity to serve as your host hotel for another trip to Broken Arrow and it makes us very proud to have exceeded your expectations. Our loyal guests make it a pleasure to come to work every day and we cannot thank you enough for the kind words about our team and their commitment to customer service.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay.

Jamestown, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our family rented 3 separate rooms....the staff was more than accommodating to our needs....places us close together....got us extra luggage racks....very friendly on all shifts...the place was very clean...handicap accessible....had a nice breakfast buffet....and had easy access to highway and eating establishments....would highly recommend this hotel ...would recommend large easy chair in all rooms....and pillows were a little soft

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Colleen,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience and we are glad that your party enjoyed their time at our hotel. It is always great to hear that our hard work is paying off for those who entrust us with their business.

Saint Joseph, Illinois
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I've stayed in many great hotels in the BA-Tulsa area. I went back to the Doubletree for years just because I loved the place, even though it was not an ideal location; I'm usually down there for Rhema events. Last couple times, I stayed here, and as long as it's there and doesn't go downhill, I won't go anywhere else. IDEAL location, right around the corner from Rhema, and seconds off the BA expressway, therefore with easy access to practically anywhere else in Tulsa. And the hotel itself is just wonderful! Great front desk service, clean, well-appointed rooms, decent exercise equipment. I wish the pool were a little larger and more conducive to swimming a few laps, but it's not like I usually have a lot of time for that. Top notch coffee joint across the parking lot, walking distance from several stores including Bass Pro! On top of all that, it sits on a somewhat elevated location offering a decent if distant view of Tulsa's skyline. A wonderful stay.

Room Tip: My room had a microwave and fridge; some reviews here indicate that not all do, so if that's imp...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
wisconsin
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice people, very helpful, generally good location, but the decor theme was bizarre. Who in their right mind would choose an English hunt theme for Oklahoma? Seriously, whoever selected should be canned. Also, it would have been nice to be told that our room lacked a fridge and microwave, though others in our group had this amenity. Otherwise, this is a nice place, no reason not to try it.

Room Tip: Ask if the room has a microwave and fridge. Ours did not.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GMTULBA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Broken Arrow, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback for our hotel and I regret that you were unable to secure a room with a micro fridge unit, which we have in all of our suites as well as rooms with two queen beds. Unfortunately, our King standard rooms do not have them and I apologize for the confusion.

I won't pass along the comment about our décor to the decorator because she is the wife of our co-owner, that wouldn't be good for one's job security!

Thanks again for the feedback

Jared
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

After a horrible week of travel, bad hotels & cancelled flights, I was so relieved to have a great quality hotel to make up for it. Staff was awesome, location was convenient, and room was the best I've experienced. Incredibly clean & new with zero complaints!

• Stayed October 2013
We are sorry that you had a hectic travel schedule but it was great to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Everyone on our team is glad to have had the opportunity to serve as your host hotel and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Northeast Oklahoma.