“Very uncomfortable”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Catoosa
“Very uncomfortable”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The casino can't even turn on the air conditioning and it's really warm and muggy. An employee even told us management tells them not to turn it down.
We were too uncomfortable and decided to drive to river spirit even though we were staying at hard rock. Next time we will stay near river spirit as hard rock is a major disappointment

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Harryold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Hot Springs
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I returned here in August for a week-long conference. I've been coming here for several years now and have never been disappointed. The "Hard Rock Tower" is my recommendation for a room. There is an "all-suites" tower that I understand is also very nice, but more expensive. The rooms in the Hard Rock tower are always very clean and comfortable. There is no mini-fridge, but one will be brought up, upon request, at no additional charge. Large flat screen TV, very comfortable beds, and a large, well-lit bathroom are in each of the tower rooms. The shower is also great...large, walk-in unit, with glass front. The casino is HUGE. There are some non-smoking areas, but they can be tough to identify. I suggest asking one of the wait staff of slot attendants to direct you to one, if that is what you prefer. The greatest addition, in my opinion, is the Hwy 66 Diner, on the first floor. It has a 60's diner theme, with great service and great food. The Vermont Cheddar Double Cheeseburger was so good that I had it 3 times during the week! They also have a variety of other sandwiches, salads, plate lunches, and malts, ice creams, and other desserts. The service was very good (and quick) as well. And it is open 24 hours. Overall, I experienced another great week-long stay here!

Room Tip: Request a Hard Rock Tower room. Or the suites tower, if you want to spend just a bit more.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jason D, Social Media Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for the outstanding review Mike! We are so glad you had a blast and look forward to your next visit! You Rock!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Pros: Several things are fantastic about this hotel. Of the rooms that weren't under construction, no detail was spared! Each room offers it's own flare. Free water from the hotel in each room. Extremely comfortable beds. From a hotel standpoint, a great place to stay in Tulsa. Another positive was the pool, very fun and well kept. One of my friends even requested two shirtless pictures of David Hasstlehoff be placed on his bedside and the staff did it! Just hilarious!

The Cons: Most of my cons lies in the casino portion. The game attendants were pushy, seemed annoyed, and did not explain the tables well. Oklahoma has different gambling rules like a dollar to 50 cent tax EVERY HAND and only cards can decide the outcome of a game. So games like roulette and craps were different than i had seen. TYPICALLY, a game attendee will explain the changes with a nice smile but not here. The drink service should be called snail service and the area needs a bit more ventilation to clear all the cigar/cigarette smoke.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great clean room. Casino was clean and fun unless you sit next to someone who is smoking! Drinks are higher in the bar vs the waitress (im sure it's because they want you on the machines) good band at the bar also. We had taken our kids once for the pool but was kicked out at 8pm due to adult only swim everyday!! Even though no adults ever come to swim kids still
not allowed.. that's the worst part :(

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mikia25
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are non-smokers but hoped to do a little gambling. We did not even do a penny machine, the smoke smell was so heavy that we had to leave. Miserable for non-smokers...I know many casinos have great circulation these days... Either this one didn't or it was broken.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamara C
Stacy M, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I am so sorry you missed our beautiful, new non-smoking casino area with over 500 electronic machines, table games and a non-smoking poker room. There is also a non-smoking food court and a very cool sports bar. The "All-Suite" Hotel tower is located in this same area. The suites are very modern and sleek! This is a fantastic option for the non-smokers! Please come back and check it out, you will be pleasantly surprised. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 918-384-7800. Thank you, Stacy McKee-Redden, Director of Sales.
Kansas
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel and played a little at the casino. I called the hotel and the lady on the phone was rude but I got to the hotel and the front staff was nice. We had to walk all the way to the back of the hotel and casino to the room because they have no parking in the back we was told. Wrong!! The room was clean and big. There was plenty of room. Food at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill was awesome. Now the casino I think was lacking. Over priced drinks and a small non-smoking area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hittlecat
Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a night here with 5 of my girlfriends for my birthday. We had 2 rooms, right next to each other (yay!). I guess we were in the "new tower". The rooms were amazing! Clean, comfy & decorated nicely. Bathroom was big, clean and pretty! Everyone who worked there was friendly & helpful. Casino was a blast! We had an incredible dinner at Magills. Highly recommend it! Service was top notch. Food was fantastic! I cannot wait to come back to the Hard Rock with my husband!

• Stayed July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catoosa
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa / Catoosa
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Catoosa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa - Catoosa
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
#11 of 108 in Tulsa
Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tulsa East

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa? Share your experiences!