“only because we had to”

Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Checotah
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Access to the hotel is part broken cement, part pitted pavement and part dirt. We checked in knowing that they were doing some renovation. The room was bearable but not comfortable. It wasn't until we got back to the room at around 11 p.m. that we tried to turn on the cooler. It didn't work nor did the fan. I'm guessing it had something to do with the reconstruction. We were so tired we didn't want to get dressed, pack everything up and change rooms so we did not call the desk. The next morning I mentioned it to the manager who merely said, "You should have called." No, I'm sorry, no offer for partial reimbursement just that I should have called. He even said "If you needed to go to the emergency room for something you would have." I don't even have words for that comment.... really? A hotel with faulty equipment in their rooms verses going to a hospital for an emergency. Nope, it's worth the 15 minute drive to Eufaula for a nice rest at the Best Western, which we did the next night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mammabird

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were very skeptical as we approached through a truck stop on a terrible road but upon entering our room we were delighted to find it welcoming, clean, roomy and with a very clean spacious bathroom with all new tile and fixtures! The receptionist was pleasant and accomodating. The breakfast could use some healthier provisions but other than that I found it a great affordable place and plan to stay there again when traveling through. Thank you

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This place is not the best. It is dirty, they are doing some construction, Indian ran, the drive way is horrible especially for low cars, do I really need to keep going.
I came with my husband to make sure he got checked in fine and settled then went home. I came the day before he was to check out to make sure everything was packed. Upon him checking into the room we found two furniture staples in the carpet, the top sheet was stained and nasty. There is dust everywhere, there is stains of God knows what on the walls, the toilet seat is broken, etc.
The day I went to get his stuff together I picked up his room key from him and went to the room. The key wasn’t working. So I went and asked the clerk to activate the card and the room number. He acted like I was lying about just coming to visit and get his stuff together, made a copy of my drivers license and wrote down my personal information. I told him I would come down and tell him when I was leaving. I got some of my husband’s stuff together and the baby needed a nap so I layed her on the bed and was letting her nurse. A STRANGER just walked right into the room. Did not knock or announce himself, he then turned around and left. I was very upset called my husband and left all the belongings but the baby’s diaper bag. And told him I was leaving and what happened. He did not apologize or anything.
My husband and I went back to get the stuff loaded and the clerk was nosing around my car and then went on to tell the clerk how he knew I was staying with my husband, etc. I HAD NOT STAYED ONE NIGHT.
Also when I asked for clean towels it never happened.
I would not recommend staying here to anyone. How can you trust someone when they act and treat you like this.

STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeslam86
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were dead tired after 9 hours of driving through freezing rain in MO. so we didn't check around for other accommodations. For $62 it was what we needed with free WiFi, a small fridge and a queen bed. If our room was as dirty as some other reviews say, we didn't notice it. Slept well even though we were on the highway side of the building. We do use a portable humidifier when we're on the road so it may have drowned out some of the noise. The free breakfast was lacking in choices. All in all, not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kpsiemsen
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel is extremely run down. We reserved multiple rooms by calling directly to the motel and when we arrived we were given rooms on the back side of the motel, that no person could have stayed in! They were dirty, smelled horrible - all the rooms - and had holes and bodily stains on the bed linen. The refrigerator and microwave had obviously been "swiped" down with a very nasty rag, because the scum was still there. Ugh.

When we went back to the front office, the office person was understanding, and relocated all of us to other rooms. She said the rooms on the back side of the hotel were usually given to truck drivers. In the new rooms, the sheets were still stained, and even had burn holes in some of them. It need renovation badly and I would STRONGLY advise you take a look at your room before you agree to take it. We will not be staying or recommending this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: There really isn't any way to get a good room. They are all in poor condition.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shry56
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I were very impressed with the size and cleanliness of our room! The bed was very comfortable not rock hard like other high priced hotels. Well worth the price! Staff was very friendly and attentive. We forgot our gift bag in room and Simi Call us and let us know we picked up that after 3days. we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The personnel was polite. The room was good as well. It was worth the money. Didn't have any issues. The access to the property is little challenging as you have to go trough a truck stop and gas station.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank terry s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Checotah
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites at Muskogee
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 19 in Muskogee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muskogee
Best Western Eufaula Inn

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!