“Excellent value for money on Route 66”
Review of Chelsea Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chelsea
Chelsea Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chelsea
Reviewed 27 October 2013

A great place to stop, made very welcome. Are room had Route 66 decor which was really cool. It's only small, so don't overlook it if you are looking for something different. We walked into the town, which is very different and dated. Check out the cafe there, they do good value meals.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra P

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The other reviewers are correct! Clean...quaint...cozy and inexpensive! I highly recommend for business travelers! The little "extras" are awesome....bottled water, wipes for car and shoes...specialty décor. The owners obviously take pride in their business. Safe for female travelers!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CSG0228
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Chelsea Motor Inn was the first stop of a mid-America travel experience. If not for the reviews on Tripadvisor I don't know if I would have stayed here since it is so small. However, I'm glad I did.

The Inn is kept in great condition. The owners obviously take pride in maintaining the place and offering a good motel experience. We were the only ones staying that night so there wasn't the camaraderie that I was expecting but the owner did make wonderful suggestions on local places at which to eat and visit.

The Inn also ended up being the most inexpensive place at which we stayed on the entire trip. For a good nights sleep with clean beds and bathrooms, this place should be a must-stop on Route 66.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LoneStarTrippin
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hotel and motel reviews for places around Tulsa are all over the map, so we decided to take a chance on a place that has almost no reviews. I'm glad we did. The Chelsea Motor Inn is situated on Route 66 in a small town. It's easy to overlook, since it has only six rooms. It's a cute and cozy stopover when you're on the Route.

We were super-impressed with our Route 66-themed room. It was surprisingly big for an old motel. Great decor, extremely clean, complimentary bottled water, a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. All for a reasonable price. Plus, the proprietors were really lovely. They turned the air conditioning on for us earlier so the room was nice and cool on a warm and humid day. We had a chance for a short chat and they are extremely nice.

I had seen a review that mentioned paper-thin walls. That is the case, but it's not unusual for older construction and didn't bother us. I know the train tracks are nearby, but I didn't notice train noise (which I personally love to hear).

This should become our go-to place whenever we need to stay for the night around Tulsa. Very pleased with the whole experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akooser
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Came to OK. for a graduation & spend time with family. Room was clean & well maintained, had everything we needed. Owners "Frank & Trudy Jugler" very friendly. They left bottled water in our room for us & also some cloths if needed to wipe car or shoes. Thank You !! If you need a place to this is it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My husband and I had to drive up to Tulsa, so we thought it would be nice to finally see the Blue Whale at Catoosa, a Route 66 icon. I decided to check TripAdvisor for a fun place to stay on the mother road so that we could see a few sights, and the Chelsea Motor Inn was my choice. And, a good choice it was! We had a great stay at this very small, very basic, family run motel.

There are six rooms, and I think there are three "themed" rooms and three regular rooms. Our room, #6, was not themed, but it was very clean and comfortable, and super quiet as it was next to the office. The queen bed was more like a full-sized but it was comfortable for my husband and me.

We had dinner at the Main Street Diner (one of Trudy's dinner suggestions), which was good small town diner food with super-friendly service. After that, we took photos around town and then we returned to the Chelsea Motor Inn where we visited with the other guests, and then we decided to have a glass of wine on the porch. Frank, the owner, came to visit with us for a while.

Who would expect so much socializing at such a small motel? We actually talked for a while with several of the other guests as well. Nice people!

Our room was basic, but very clean. The mattress was very new (I look!), and the bathroom was spacious and spotless. We didn't expect a small fridge, but we got one. There was also a small coffee maker with coffee supplies. Ample soap and shampoo was provided. We had our own hairdryer, there was not one in the room to my knowledge. There was a nice-sized flat panel TV with a bunch of cable channels. The rate for two was around $50, so very affordable.

In the morning, before leaving, we visited with both Frank and Trudy. These are some good people who care about if you slept well.

There is a train that runs through the town, heck probably the entire state. The motel does not have back windows, and the train does not run directly behind the motel, so I found the train sounds to be romantic and comforting rather than annoying. You can hear the train horn in the distance.

The Pryor Creek Bridge, a gorgeous historic route 66 bridge, is just a block or so east, so look for that, just south of the main road through town.

I highly recommend the Chelsea Motor Inn for people looking for a very comfortable place to lay their head for a night.

P.S. The reviewer 527irene perhaps stayed at the Chelsea Motor Inn in San Francisco (which I came across while googling this motel). Commenting in August about running the heater? Not likely in Chelsea, OK where summer temps reach about 100 degrees. Commenting on "the staff"? Not likely at this owner-managed small business of six rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room if you prefer. There are smoking and non-smoking rooms. Room 6 is adjacen...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AmandaDallas
Reviewed 26 December 2011

The motel was very comfortable, CLEAN, and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the room seemed fresh. Bathroom and sink area were clean and I really couldn't ask for anything more. It's not a fancy place. Simple but nice.

When I stayed in October, I didn't see any dust bunnies as mentioned in an earlier review from August. I really wonder if they were commenting about the correct motel because the owners were both very friendly and accommodating. When I arrived late (like 10PM), they were very friendly about my late arrival and got me registered and into my room very quickly. They were both helpful in providing me with information about the local attractions and even showed me the donkeys they have in the small hobby farm.

I would go out of my way to stay there again because the room was nice, clean, and affordable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank GoSyncro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita
Super 8 Claremore OK
Super 8 Claremore OK
#3 of 8 in Claremore
Super 8 Big Cabin/vinita Area
Claremore Motor Inn
Claremore Motor Inn
#8 of 8 in Claremore

Been to Chelsea Motor Inn? Share your experiences!