“Bedbugs!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chickasha
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
“Bedbugs!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I feel like it is a must for me to share my experience. I arrived late to stay with my husband who works on the road. I usually check all crevices on a bed in any hotel before bringing my belongings into any room because I am super paranoid, but I was exhausted so we came in and crashed. Much to my surprise, the next morning I woke up to a bedbug in the bed. No question about it because I took a picture (before I killed it) and googled it. Appalled, I gathered out belongings and took them to the laundry mat to excessively dry them as to prevent transfer to my home. I went back to the front desk afterwards and the manager didn't even seem surprised. Not to mention when I went around the back of the hotel, there were about a dozen mattresses and tons of furniture. I explained what happened and she was hateful and defensive. I honestly believe that they know that there is a problem, but don't want to get shut down. I contacted the health department and gave them the name and address of the location. I wouldn't wish that nightmare on my worst enemy!! I have read up on most pests (because I'm extremely paranoid) and they can be vicious. I'm praying that by purchasing new luggage and tossing the old and drying my clothes on high heat for an hour will prevent transfer of them to my home. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Mindy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
ok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is probably the worst place I have ever stayed. We had 12 rooms for our wrestling team. When we got there one of the rooms did not even have a bed in it. I sat down on my bed and the headboard fell off the wall. There were 2 lamps, a TV, an alarm clock, and a radio all plugged into one outlet. I should have taken a pic.

The lady at the front desk told us that there was a "Complimentary Continental Breakfast" The next morning the breakfast consisted of 12 mini muffins, a half gallon of warm milk and a box of Cheerios. (It was almost humerous..keep in mind we have 22 boys who haven't eaten in a week!)

I just can't say enough about how bad this place was. "You get what you pay for".

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank tlfinokc
Kaleish, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management
Hastings, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

won't stay there again, and we're not even very particular. Didn't feel clean enough to take off your shoes!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Shelley R
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

I was in town for business and reserved a king room online- to my surprise was upgraded to a king suite! The staff was incredibly friendly (also told me that they have updated all rooms to be suites) lots of restaurants nearby, CVS, Walmart were also a 5 minute drive away. The rooms were very cozy and comfortable, and I definitely loved the extended suite to keep work and rest separate. Free breakfast was a good amenity but the variety could be improved, as well as the gym. Overall it was a great, comfortable stay and would recommend to coworkers and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the reservation lobby have a stronger internet signal
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank LanceC1211
Buckhead, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I often visit family in town and decided to try this hotel out and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly and the amenities were good. The rooms are all suite and we were able to easily get our family of three in one room. The location is right off the highway and it is pretty close to a lot of restaurants. Wish they had flat screens and the gym had more equipment but overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank gpascona1988
Peoria, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

The good stuff first: With AAA, an exceptional price; The staff is very friendly; The lights in the room are the "daylight" squiggle flouros so there is plenty of visibility; suite has front and rear doors, opening to parking and pool respectively. OK, that's about all.

Now the bad stuff:

There's a sign outside that says under new mgmt, etc., " FULLY RENOVATED SUITES." I don't know about the new management but the rest of it is a bald face lie. It's not even a euphamism, a slight exaggeration, marketing hype or even deceptive trade practices. There's only one word for it: a lie.

I stayed in a suite near the office. Dust over half an inch thick on the baseboars.

Back of bathroom door kicked in. Twice. Towel bar broken and left dangling in place.

Paint falling off all semi-gloss surfaces in large chips, which are to be found all over the carpet, under the bed, under the desk, etc. Obviously no one has vacuumed in ages. Sheets have holes in them. inside of Front door has hundreds of smudges from dirty fingers closing the door over the years. Vertical blinds are bend, won't close all the way. Carpet tearing away from hold-fasts and baseboards.

Bathtub looks like a bachelor's tub after 3 years of non-cleaning. Black, gray, brown build-up all over the tub floor and sides. Tub wall surround is no better as it is caked in soap scum. Fortunately I was in the process of moving and had some cleaning supplies in the car. I cleaned enough of the tub floor where I felt safe to stand in it to take a shower. Otherwise I would have skipped the shower.

Toilet leaks, seat is loose, no seat lid. Wall eshaust vent is DOA.

Walls have smudges, scars, dents, stains, etc. from years of occupany and never being painted.

Final kicker is this. There's a welcome letter from the manager, telling you how proud the manager is of the hotel. You're his guest. He wants you to call him personally if anything is wrong and he'll personally make it right. If he isn't in, you can speak with one of his personal staff. You are his personal guest, and welcome to the hotel.

Signed,

"Manager"

Not "the management," but just, "Manager." All that personal talk and building a rapport and then they go and sign the stupid letter, "Manager."

Oh, and the last paragraph telling you they check every room every day and if anything is missing you will pay for it.

How touching. I can feel the love. Not.

No, rennovation is incorrect. These rooms haven't been touched in years. I looked in Webster's and OED, just to make sure I wasn't missing some obscure definition of the word. Nope. Not even close. This hotel is scamming it's customers with signs like they have out front (as of June, 2011). I think the Chickasha council ought to fine the heck out of this hotel and make them put up a sign that says, "We're filthy, but we're cheap."

Don't bank of the free wireless, either. Signal was exceptionally weak and kept dropping every few seconds. After 8-10 attempts to reconnect over about 8-10 minutes I just gave up.

And no, I wasn't expecting anything great. A standard M*ot*l Six level of camenities and cleanliness would suite me fine. How anyone could be willing to take a bath in those tuns is beyond me. The corporate HQ ought to shut this place down. It's bad for the rest of their business.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms seem to be on the south wing.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank InMotionPeoria
webbers Falls, Oklahoma, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

I came to Chickasha for business, motel was picked by online advertisement, which should fall under false advertisement because it was nothing like the ad was listed!!! The bed was disgusting, I had to sleep on top of the blankets, the sheets looked like they have never been washed, the room and the whole motel for that matter had a very foul odor! I went to the front desk to ask for another pillow because there was only 1 in my room and they told me "one is all you get!!" I work for a Water and Sewer Authority and the pool looked worse than our Sewer ponds!!! The complimentary breakfast consisted of rock hard muffins and rotten bananas!! This was a very disgusting stay and I would not advise anyone to stay there!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ecowa918
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chickasha
Quality Inn
#3 of 6 in Chickasha
Super 8 Chickasha
Super 8 Chickasha
#5 of 6 in Chickasha

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!