“IN MY OWN BACK YARD!”
Review of Belvidere Tea Room

Belvidere Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Claremore
Cuisines: American
Description: Tea Room open for lunch only. Located in historic Belvidere Mansion.
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Having lived near Claremore for over 6 years, I regret to say that I just, a few weeks ago, discovered Belvidere Mansion and Tea Room. I had gone to The Pink House, just a block away, many times and it is excellent but when I last tried to go, there was no place left to park, so I decided to try The Belvidere Tea Room, which I had promised myself to do many times but never carried through. What a GREAT happenstance! The Mansion is beautiful, be sure to take the self guided tour, the food is marvelous, their gift shop is outstanding, and the staff, which consists of volunteers from the Historical Society, is friendly, helpful, and very enthused about restoring this lovey mansion.
I will be returning as often as possible.

2  Thank tigilau

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

What a gem we found. We were passing through the area looking for a place for a light lunch. This was perfect--sandwiches, soup, salads, flavored iced teas. Meals average $8 per person. An unbelievable bargain for the quality of food, service and ambience. The hours are limited--I believe they were 11am to 3pm. The upper floors of the mansion are arranged with family heirlooms and antiques from the original 1901 residents. They accept donations for touring the upper floors. A lovely gift shop with reasonably priced jewelry, cards, clothing, etc. is also on site. We will definitely be back on our next trip through this area!

2  Thank ml0ucul63
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We were on vacation and had spent the morning at the Will Rogers Museum and were looking for something light and healthy for lunch. We read the Belvidere had a tea room and thought we would give it a try. It was delightful - both, the atmosphere and the service. We enjoyed perfect ice tea and home made chicken salads. Desserts looked pretty good too. A self guided tour of the mansion is available. There is a small retail fashion/craft shop in the lobby with many tempting items.

2  Thank pucgal
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We came here with another couple who had a coupon. The restaurant is in a restored Victorian mansion with turrets on each corner. It was busy so we looked around- you can go upstairs and there are antiques everywhere. On the top floor is a ballroom (it would be so neat to have a sweet 16 party there).

They called our name quickly and we got to eat in the turret! The food was wonderful- I had a spinach and strawberry salad that had nuts and chicken on it-, but I tasted the soup (broccoli cheese) and I wish I'd gotten my own cup. Everywhere you look is something interesting or beautiful, and there is even a gift shop inside with boutique quality things, but prices like Wal Mart!

Even though we got dessert and drinks, all 4 of us ate for about $50. They could charge twice as much for the atmosphere alone. As we were leaving they told us they are a non-profit run by volunteers! No wonder the prices are so good. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Morgalla