“Best BBQ in the world”

Add it.
Cotton Eyed Joe's Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Admittedly, I'm biased. We used to live in Claremore and ate here literally every week. It got to the point that the staff would see us drive up and put in our orders. We always eat the same thing: rib dinner with fried okra and potato salad. They smoke the meat in an outdoor smoker until it's fall-off-the-bone tender. The sauce is to die for, and I've never found a comparable brand available in stores. It's smoky and sweet. Yum! The decor is definitely not fancy (it hasn't changed since the 80's) and the wait staff are teenagers, but the food is worth every penny. A cute story: I came here once around Christmas. As I was waiting for my take out order, I mentioned that this is always the first place I go (before I see my family). As I was walking out, the manager asked the waitress to catch me. He gave me 2 racks of ribs for free with a "Merry Christmas!" Can't beat the hometown hospitality! Btw, last time I was there, it is closed on Sundays.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

On a rainy night with only one other table occupied, we were not impressed with the service at all. It was all fairly offhand. On top of that, despite many beer advertising signs around, no beer, or any liquor, was available. The beef was tasty, but was thickly covered in the BBQ sauce.

1  Thank wetwoSydney
Reviewed 22 January 2013

one of 2 local barbeque haunts. changed a bit since original owners . good sliced beef, great homemade bbq sauce - you'll want to take a bottle home.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Waitstaff is very friendly, generous portions and the chopped brisket is to die for! Best I have ever had. The bbq beans were okay and the potato salad was very good.I will definitely eat here again.

1  Thank Desirae I
Reviewed 4 July 2012

First time eating here. We ordered the daily night special which was beef brisket and also the rib dinner. The beef brisket had quite a bit of fat on it and was doused with bbq sauce. I prefer to add my own sauce as I eat it. For our side orders we had the coleslaw (average), the baked beans (average) and the fried okra (good). The ribs had lots of meat on them and tasted good.
The decor of the restaurant was ok, could use a little updating. The service was good.