“Great little place in a smaller town.”

Hammett House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Claremore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2011

You never know where you will find those little jewels. Thanks to tripadvisor I found this one. We just got a hamburger and Reuben sandwich but they were both great. The menu was a total surprise with everything from pork chops to steak to seafood. Next trip, dessert is definitely first since we didn't have enough room for it this time and we heard wonderful things about the lemon-pecan pie.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

On Friday, Sept. 30, 2011 I took a group of 9 to the Hammet House for lunch. We had reservations and affived about 1 pm. We were promptly seated and the service was friendly and excellent. I ordered the chicken fry and others ordered different menu items from the menu. The food arrived quickly and it was VERY GOOD. Had that home-made taste and we were all in agreement. The thing to do is order a dessert. They are GREAT! I had the apple pie that is served on a skillet and hot. Served with ice cream on top and it is really good. Others had different desserts and raved about the quality. The cost was very moderate. Not many of the really good Mon and Pop operations left. Don't miss it if in the area.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Stopped in for lunch and although it seemed that I arrived during their lunch rush, I waited only a few minutes. The atmosphere was decent, and you can tell the place has been around a while. However, the staff was very nice and the food was awesome! I had a Carolina pulled pork sandwich and was veery flavorful. It was a huge portion and I couldn't come close to finishing it. The best part was that you receive a homemade cinnamon roll prior to your meal. It was the best one I've ever had!! The also have an amazing pie selection- all homemade. The pieces are huge! I couldn't pass one up so I took it to go. It was great, but again, couldn't finish it. It actually could feed 3 people. Would definitely eat here again if I am ever in Claremore again.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I tried the special of the day which was spaghetti pasta topped with chili, and with cheese, onions and beans on the side. This was a good quality meal, reasonably sized and a great value. This was all home-made (not from a jar) - they claim everything is home-made. The desert menu looked good but I declined the extra calories. The service was fine. My iced tea got refilled before my glass was empty. The ambiance was ordinary but not in any way a problem.

1  Thank CoachBChicago
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We found this restaurant as part of our route 66 tour of the US. The staff were very friendly and upbeat and the food was great. The chilli was very good and in fact the owner was "head judge" of a chilli contest for the town on the day we arrived. The apple pie, served on a hot skillet with melting ice cream, was the best we've ever had. The owner is a very generous man with a number of fantastic stories to tell and reminded us of Burl Ives! This is a super resturant that specialises in great desserts so make sure you save some room.