“Good eats at reasonable costs”

Hammett House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Claremore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Following the recommendation received we stopped at Hammett House Restaurant. In fact we stopped three times while we were in the area. Good food, large portions and reasonable price was found. But the deserts were really good. I had the lemon pecan pie and my husband had the raisin cream cheese pie, two times. Not only were their deserts good but they shared the recipes on the place mats.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stopped in for a mid-afternoon lunch on Oct 17, 2013. The service was good and the food came out promptly. It was well prepared and well priced. It is not gourmet or fancy, just comfort food.

We went back later for some pie. The slices were huge and they have a large selection. They are made on the premises (according to the server) and they even have some of their recipes on the paper place mats. They were beautiful, but I thought it was way too much meringue.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Excellent menu and good prices. Recommended by locals. Staff is friendly and helpful. Pies are out of this world.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Had heard the food was good there and stopped for an early dinner around 4pm. Service a little slow and weak as new people were coming in to work for the evening shift. prices a little high but portions were big. Best HOT Hamburger I have had in long time! Fresh cut fries were not greasy and the gravy was very good. Slices of pie are huge and should share with 2 or 3 people.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I've been to the Hammett House several times over the years -- the place has been there a long time -- and thought I would try it again.

I had a salmon-topped spinach salad and some onion rings. The salmon was well-prepared, and, as I had requested, no salt had been added. The spinach was good. The promised bow-tie pasta was . . . almost invisible.

My companion had a country fried steak dinner and the Hammett House's traditional matzo-ball soup. She loved the soup, but complained that the Italian-spiced breading on the steak was not appropriate. I thought the same of the breading on the onion rings. I am glad Hammett House tried to do something different, but for us it didn't work.

Our server was attentive, efficient, intelligent, and attractive, which pushed my star rating up to "three" this time.

Next time I'll order something that isn't breaded, and see if I like things better.

1  Thank charlestace