“Rating good for hotel only casino bad”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Davis
Treasure Valley Casino & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Davis
Midlothian,t
“Rating good for hotel only casino bad”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were given a very good discount at this hotel/casino for our 46th wedding anniversary
So we went up on the 28th of Feb 2014 and stayed fri and sat night
The reason I do not give a 5 to the hotel is the fridge in the room has no freezer and does not get very cold.
We called down about 1 in the morning about it within minutes a maint person showed up with another one it was the same way
Something was going on as you could hear a lot of noise like someone stomping around or beating on a wall. This went on both nights
The room was a king bed with an attached room that made it seem as if you were in a small apartment sink, microwave, table, couch, another tv as well as a love seat in the bedroom
Over all it was very enjoyable
The room was very clean and the bathroom had a lot of towels and wash cloths
The casino on the other hand we had serious trouble with
We had played at this casino several times over the last year or two and got a lot of play time and even a few decent paybacks
This weekend it was pitiful a lot of people complaining even from the regulars .We even had a couple of hotel people say that the last couple of months they had heard more complaints than ever
We played at three different casinos all along 35 and found them all the same no return on the games
Think this has to do with the new additions at Winstar casino that is with this same tribe
We did not eat at the buffet ,I can't see paying 22.00 to eat and the buffet is not part of the casino so no points for meals
Stay and enjoy the indoor year round pool but play smart in the casino.
They do have a high limit area that is new and have moved a lot of machines around and now have three tables for gaming

Room Tip: If you need a lot of room I would check for cost of upgrade room is a room there is not any with...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank doc191

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Krum, Texas
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Though rooms are smaller, they are comfortable, quiet, clean, reasonably priced. Friendly, accommodating service at front desk and elsewhere. Bed/pillows were good, flat screen TV, small coffee maker, alarm clock, hair dryer with night light, no safe or mini fridge in my room though. Very clean bathroom/shower; everything worked well. Like another reviewer, I don't care for the bright fluorescent lighting above the head of the bed or the wall mirror; would rather have side table lamps. Mine was a non-smoking room and there was NO smell of smoke at all (good!). Continental breakfast nothing special; I'd skip it and go down the road (see tip below). Small casino next door is OK, not bad; I've done good and bad in it. Hotel's location right off of I-35 is easy to get to and it's not far from other area attractions. This Inn is very similar to the Inn at Winstar but better priced. I'd stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Just a few minutes south on I-35 from the Treasure Valley hotel/casino, is a primary road with a Jim...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sabrtuth
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This review will not do justice to the Treasure Valley Inn and Casino. We stayed due to its location half-way between Saint Louis and Corpus Christi, or origin and destination. The facility is owned by the Chickasaw Nation, which happens to be my ancestors' tribe.
Its motel rooms are very new, but smaller than typical motel rooms. A queen bed with a night-stand on each side, just fits the space. A long window-seat might accommodate a child or teenager very nicely, by adding a pillow and pallet of extra blankets.
Both room and bath were exceptionally clean. However, strip lighting over the headboard was annoyingly bright. Other than the lack of adequate wall outlets beside the head-board, and the aforementioned light fixture, the room is a very efficient sleeping area.
The attached casino is relatively small, with 95% of the gaming floor devoted to slot machines. The slots, including many penny slots, indicates the casino does not market to a high-roller crowd. The remaining 5% space is for '21' gaming tables.
The Inn's free continental breakfast is basic; but, not competitive with either La Quinta or Drury chains' morning choices. Bring your room key to gain access to the breakfast room.
The desk clerk greatly helped my perception of the facility. Expecting an inexperienced, young person working the mid-week late shift, I was pleasantly surprised by Treasure Valley's night desk clerk, a retired SWA flight attendant. She was articulate, knowledgeable, and quick to inform two 'dead-tired' travelers of everything we needed to know about the facility! The night desk clerk is an excellent representative for the Casino-Hotel.
For travelers who can use some quiet shut-eye, or a little gaming, the Inn at Treasure Valley is a reasonable stop.

Room Tip: I did not hear noise from the elevator, the casino, or highway traffic. The structure and rooms are...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StLouisDave69
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I am from Dallas and one Sunday we decided to do a little casino hopping. We had heard of Treasure Valley so we included it in our trip. So my review is based on the casino only.

Location: Just off of Interstate 35 about 30-45mins inside Oklahoma from Texas. From the looks of the place it seems almost like a facility that might be for the passerby on the highway or a traveler looking for a quick and cheap overnight stay at a highway motel. But I will not frown down upon the place since I did not spend the night there.

Casino: The casino was small, like maybe the size of two name restaurants combined. From the little time we spent there it was nice. Not too grand. A little 'blah' but it was okay. Pretty clean. The staff didn't seem too friendly and just as 'blah' as the casino. Even the lady who came over the PA to try and entice gamers to participate in a contest was about as 'blah' as everything else. That doen't exactly add to any sense of fun or entertainment. Ended up losing money (We won everywhere else we went except Treasure Valley). It's no fun losing when you feel like you're playing in a dark cloud.

Recommendation: As mentioned before... It might be okay for an overnight stay while on a road trip. But I wouldn't exactly recommend the gaming to any of my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Craig N
Dalla, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

in April my husband and i stayed here for two nights for my birthday. we were visiting turner falls and decided to stay here instead of renting the high priced cabins at the falls. neither of us had ever been to a casino so we thought it would be fun. It was! we had a wonderful time. our room was a bit small but it was very clean and the hotel was very quiet. it was also nice to be able to have a smoking room in a hotel and not have to go down 3 floors to go outside when i wanted to smoke. we enjoyed ourselves so much that my now husband proposed to me while we were there :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stefan V
Choctaw, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to get away for the weekend and visit a few casinos. Tripadvisor reviews were favorable for Treasure Valley so we booked a room for Friday night. Check in was quick, the room was easy to get to, and was just the right temperature. The bed linens were clean and bright, like new linens. The room had a large desk and small refrigerator that we used. It also had a small closet with iron and ironing board if needed. The bathroom is a little small but nicely designed for the space. The casino games and atmosphere was enjoyable, and nice to have attached to the Inn. The restaurant buffet was overpriced but we were able to order from the menu and get a nice meal reasonably priced. This Inn is only an hour's drive from Winstar casino and an even shorter drive to several other smaller casinos. We would recommend the Inn at Treasure Valley.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We recently used this hotel as the base of operations for our family reunion. The rooms were small, but clean. The staff was very polite and professional. They tolerated our large family gathering in the lobby sitting area. The indoor swimming pool/hot tub was large with many tables & chairs. The restaurant was very good (mostly home style cooking). The adjacent casino was frequently by some of the family, and they enjoyed it as well, although smoking is allowed in both the casino & the bar. We would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davis
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Pauls Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central
Hampton Inn & Suites Admore
Holiday Inn Ardmore I-35
Holiday Inn Ardmore I-35
#7 of 23 in Ardmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ardmore

Been to Treasure Valley Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!