“Voices in bathroom”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Azle, Texas
“Voices in bathroom”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We woke up hearing voices in our bathroom. It was a male on the phone and the sound was coming thru the bathroom vent. We could very easily hear everything he was saying. This was quite unnerving. If we could hear him he could definitely hear us! Not good. Our suite was very nice except I had to clean the bathroom floor with a paper towel after we walked on it and there were shoe prints. Our shoes weren't dirty the floor had either been cleaned with something and not rinsed or it hadn't been cleaned. Not really sure which. This hotel is surface cleaned, but around sides and back edge of granite on bath vanity there was dirt buildup. Lower surfaces are not dusted. Holiday Inn use to stand for really good quality. It appears this hotel chain is going down hill. Cleanliness should be a priority. It isn't. That said, the front desk personnel were friendly, but not organized. We asked about nice eating establishments in the area. The girl at the front desk looked for a list of restaurants in a drawer that had a little bit of everything thrown in, but no list of restaurants and no strip maps of area. She didn't even tell us where our room was located or where to park for the best access to our room. Had to ask for our bottle of water. We are Platinum Club members.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1944Larry
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear 1944Larry,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. I am pleased you found our hotel suites commendable. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, I would like to apologize for the issue, condition and the cleanliness of the bathroom fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our guests enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Stuck traveling to Durant where the hotel choices are limited. I chose Holiday Inn and was going to stay here weekly on business but unfortunately the staff and manager doesn't care enough to fix the Internet on the third and fourth floors... There were no towels in the fitness center, or should I say the treadmill and dumbbell center (no machine weights)... Several people had to go to lobby to use Internet and to the business center everyone was upset but staff didn't care. They could have turned off the third floor Internet so everyone could use the low signal first floor Internet but they refused. I was going to be a multiple repeat customer, at this point I will have to choose another chain.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank David K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear David K,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We apologize for any shortcomings you experienced with the members of our staff and/or hotel management as well as for the poor internet service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We value you as our guest and we sincerely hope this incident will not deter from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Lera P
New Braunfels, TX
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The family and I stay here on a regular basis (at least 3-4 times per year) to visit family. I have NEVER had a bad stay. Maybe some of the people reviewing this hotel expect it to be the Waldorf Astoria. Its not. Its a Holiday Inn Express. And for $163 per night we got the 2 room suite. Its ALWAYS been reasonably clean and reasonably stocked. The beds are comfy (that's saying alot since we sleep on a Tempur pedic at home) the heat and a/c has always worked and plenty of channels on the TV for my wife and I to argue about. LOL. The breakfat has alot of items to choose from. Its not the Zodiac inside Neiman's Dallas (yes they have a very fine restaurant there) but its hot and its filling and not just sweetrolls like alot of other hotels. I have said this before and the trip there Feb 22nd confirms the fact for me that this is one of my favorite hotels anywhere. Some faces have changed since I was last there, but the service and friendliness hasn't changed any.

Room Tip: The slots at the casino in Durant are among the tightest I've ever played and the smoke inside t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2013

States here for only one night but I was very impressed. The Staff was knowledgeable, hotel was very clean, Ans the breakfast was very good. Room was a little larger than I have come to expect from hotels in this category. I travel to Durant at least monthly and I have to say this is the best hotel on town.

• Stayed February 2013
Lufkin, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Let me preface this review by stating I am NOT a neat freak. However, I do expect the hotels I stay in to be cleaner than my brother who has 5 kids' house. Sadly that was not the case this week when I stayed in this hotel during an annual business trip. The lobby area downstairs was tidy, but that's where the neatness stopped. The table directly outside the elevator on the second floor was covered in dust thick enough for one to write in it, and someone (or someoneS) had done just that. When I laid down in bed that night I noticed a big cobweb above the window. As I stepped into the shower the next morning I noticed a big green booger smeared on the curtain. Only one of the towels in the bathroom was a bright white. The other two were dingy gray and had tattered ends. The 2nd floor hallway was not vacuumed the three days of my stay. There was a lot of confetti sized paper bits scattered along the hallway, and several large dirty footprints were outside of my room.

As an added bonus wi-fi was unreliable and slow.

I was very disappointed with my stay as I stayed here last year, and it was acceptable. Next year I'm going to strongly encourage my boss to book a different hotel. La Quinta will be open shortly, and the Choctaw was very nice and luxurious feeling when I stayed there 2 years ago.

Breakfast was decent, and the staff was pleasant. Those are the only two things that saved this hotel from getting a 1.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Rachel K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy you liked some aspects of the hotel. However, I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you received housekeeping service, cleanliness issues and internet service which was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel rooms were nice, cleane and very comfortable. The staff was courteous and responsive as well. However, due to overbooking, if we had not checked in earlier than we originally planned our room would not have been available and we would have been relocated to Denison, TX. We stayed here due to a very ill family member in the hospital in Durant. If we had been relocated, well...things would not have been pretty.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Lincoln
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

The front desk folks were very pleasant and welcoming. Some of the housekeeping staff appeared to resent being there. We had to request towels and shampoo as the room has been shorted and the drawers were not working properly. The breakfast was not well stocked and there were no cinnamon rolls for the entire three days of our stay. (Cinnamon rolls are the reason that I choose HIE over Hampton. We'll probably stay elsewhere if we are once again in Durant.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Shep8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Best Express Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant? Share your experiences!