“Decent clean option in durant”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good for what it is. Stayed here to see a concert at the casino. Free shuttle bus from casino to hotel made it convenient. Really helpful and friendly front desk staff. Room was clean, but we did hear a lot of noise from noisy neighbors yelling down the hallway. Good spread at the free breakfast. Would return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lori H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your stay with us. We use these surveys as tools to measure our training needs along with any recognition that needs to be given. We are very proud of our staff; and so glad that they made you feel welcome. Our complimentary breakfast is even better; now, that we have added more of a variety . You will have to come back to try it soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It was the worse experienced ever! Please do not stay on this hotel. Firstt I asked for towels and gave me a bloody stain on it and front desk wasn't even sorry at all. 2nd; bed sheet are not changed or wash, there's full of hair on the bed sheets have 2 queen bed both of it are so dirty and nasty. They just flip the bed sheet over it was so grossed I complain to them and they said they'll come up to change but they never did! Third stunk so bad in the room and the whole hotels. 4th doors was so loud, all I heard slamming the door all night. 5th around 5am heard someone's yelling and fighting so I did not sleep at all. What a waste of money!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Judy151
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Judy151,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Durant.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We used reward points for a one night stay in Durant, on our way north to Wisconsin. They gave us a suite, without charge, so that we had more room for the 5 of us! Breakfast was great, exactly what we have come to expect from HIE. Very clean, quiet. Only noticed the shower head was coming loose from the tile and we had difficulty regulating the temperature in our room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for filling out a survey regarding your stay. We take pride in the service and condition of the property. Sounds like we may have a maintenance issue that needs addressing. I would love it if you would please call me and let me know what suite you stayed in ; so we can make sure the problem has been resolved . Thank you again for caring enough to tell us how we are doing.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Everything was clean, staff was very friendly, free shuttle to and from casino. Beds very comfortable . Breakfast good.
I would definitely stay here again. We did not use pool but looked ok. Hotel was totally booked and still was quiet. I figured breakfast would be almost gone and super busy at 8:00 am but was perfect.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

I just wanted to thank you for filling out a survey regarding your stay with us.. I am so glad that you had a great experience at our property . Please be sure to stay again. We appreciate your feedback

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

It is okay. Lots of trash in parking lot. The housekeeping staff are too visible. They hang out in the back and smoke. There is a bunch of construction workers here and not many business people. It is hard to maintain a hotel when it is filled with construction workers. I feel for the housekeeping staff that have to clean up after people there. Many if these workers should be at a super 8 motel. There is a problem with mold in the ac unit. This needs to be dealt with as this can cause health issues.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Benjamin S,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback about our hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the air conditioning unit and the cleanliness which is not up to par. I appreciate you letting us know about these unsatisfactory circumstances as this is our best means of improving our efforts.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have reviewed HIE Durant several times and I had stopped staying here on a regular basis because of the slamming door problem that totally disrupts sleep. Thought I would give it another try a couple of weeks ago.

The front in receptionists Melissa and Bridgette are absolute gems. Check in is very quick and quite informative. They offer free snacks 24/7 of coffee, fruit, and oatmeal. The rooms are always impeccable. I can't understand anyone that says they got a dirty room. I have stayed here at least 60 times and have NEVER had a dirty room or even a hair in my room.

The breakfast is always very good but as with all facilities, don't go too early ( 5 or 10 minutes after they open or 5 to 10 minutes before they close.) The rest of the time they always have plenty of food or else they have more cooking and on its way with a few minutes.

They still have a problem with slamming doors, the old manager just never could get this problem under control. Maybe the new manager will.

Although no fault of the hotel, the casino no longer provides transportation during the week days back and forth which for me is a big problem as I can not see to drive at night.

Tip: Where it use to take 1 hour and 15 minutes to drive to Durant from Dallas, it now takes in excess of 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes due to very heavy road construction between Allen and Sherman. It is actually quicker and easier to drive to Winstar from Dallas now.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank girlgodiva

Thank you for filling out a survey. We use these to address any issues we may have at the property. I am pleased to tell you; we have resolved the slamming door issues. Would love for you to come stay with us. Again; thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing at the Durant Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

No complaints about this hotel. Check in was easy, the room clean, and the hotel quiet. They had coffee and snacks available after the breakfast hours, and a really nice lobby area with a large TV. We though the bed was great and had a really good nights sleep with no problems or stiffness when waking up even after a long road trip. I'd stay here again if passing through Durant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Quality Inn & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant? Share your experiences!