“great time!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Durant
lubbock
“great time!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

we stayed in the inn which was very nice! and if you're not going there to gamble to try and save the family farm but for entertainment, you will have a blast! we got good service at gilley's and 1832 (love that restaurant!) and from the bartenders everywhere we got cocktails. my only suggestion would be to work on your gift shop t-shirt selection with your logo on them, it was very limited in sizes and only one design to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank welovewkndtrips
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Welovewkndtrips too! Thank you for your amazing compliments and I've shared your suggestion with our Retail Manager regarding more logo t-shirts. We look forward to your next stay at Choctaw Casino Resort.
Kat DeCaire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Gainesville, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed in the Choctaw Casino Tower many times and have already upload photos of the room; this time I wanted to post a few photos of the remodeled pool area they have been working on for months and there is still an area they have not finished yet. I was actually glad to see they removed the large slide that was a huge kid draw, which I thought was weird for a Casino. This being an Indian Casino in Oklahoma they allow people to go in at age 18; therefore, I can see why they have a section for the teenagers and kids like the arcade. We try to avoid all areas where there are a lot of kids, which is mostly in the Inn and in the pool area during the day. If you go to the pool very early or during the later hours most of the kids are gone and you can enjoy it more. I am so surprised that this being mainly a Casino and they have a swim up bar, there is NO designated section for ADULTS ONLY. I am hoping that when the other section is open they make a section for adults only. Going to a Casino to gamble, eat and relax, the last thing I want to do is be in a pool where a lot of kids are splashing and annoying the adults that come to gamble. I hope they rethink a section for this for the true patrons they are trying to get here. The other part that kind of bothered us is with this being a 24 hr Casino some of the shopping and restaurants were closed all day Monday and Tuesday. This is so strange to me with as busy as it would be during the summer all 7 days a week; seems like to me they are missing out on revenues. I was also glad to see they opened up the parking in front of the tower area where you didn’t have to go all the way to the back in the parking garage. Overall, we did enjoy the room and customer service was very nice from everyone we encountered.

Room Tip: For adults that don't bring kids try to stay in the tower in a high room; the Inn and lower towe...
7 Thank Karen L
Karen,
I always enjoy reading your reviews and love the picutures. Thank you for your suggestions, I'm happy to share them with our Management Team. We look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest.
Have a great week.
Choctaw, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Got the last room available on a Thursday night and was able to use our AAA discount. Room was very comfortable and clean. Only drawback was the constant whirring of the power generators outside our room on the third floor... and our view of those generators. Casino has lots of game choices, but like many others didn't pay out much. Take your earplugs to sleep and money to spend on the games and you'll have a good time.

Room Tip: Choose something away from the third floor because of the generator noise.
OklahomaGma5,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Those are great room tips. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay even with the inconvenience of the generators. Please come visit us again soon.
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I recently visited and spent the night at Choctaw Casino in Durant, Oklahoma. The Hotel (Tower) is very nice and clean. The little white Buffalo soap is a nice touch for customers. The staff at Choctaw is very nice and tries to help in every way. We ate at the Buffet and it was wonderful - much better than the Win Star buffet. Complete seafood menu during the week, including crab legs, Win Star has stopped crab legs during the week. The Casino slots are to tight, not many wins. However, better than Win Star slots. It is shame that slots are not like they were four years ago. It is a shame that Choctaw has started limiting its comps - free meals and hotel stay. Beautiful pools and interesting area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side are quieter and a little better view than I-75.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Glenn C
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Glenn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your insight and hope that you will come visit us again soon. Have a great 4th of July!
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Booked a get away for a nice relaxing time. That is not what I got! First off the Lodge is not the place to stay. The rooms are like cracker boxes, very, very small. It is to far away from the casino and the Oasis pool. The shuttle is a joke, took way to long for it to arrive. It is old and the drivers are not friendly. You have to depend on the staff to get the shuttle for you. When you arrive at the Lodge we were told that it would only take 2 to 10mins. for it to get there. Lets try 25 to 30mins. later. Then when you are ready to go back to the Lodge you have to wait again and The driver drove right past us twice while waiting in our wet swim suits. NOT FUN! So we hiked back to the lodge ourselves.

Once you are at the pool area there is no one there to tell you were to get towels and I didn't see a sign. We were at the pool for 2 hours and not once did any servers ask us if we WANTED something to drink. We saw servers but they were standing around talking to one another. The swim up bar was nice but no one informs you on how you pay for your drinks there. Maybe put it on your room charge but, there is no signs or way for you to know. All of the people working in the pool area are very young and not customer friendly. They are not trained very well I believe.
Now the pool area is fantastic to swim and very nice. Family friendly and plenty of lounge chairs available while we were there during the week this might be different on weekends. A lot of kids and families so if you want an adult only experience this is not the place for you.
We stayed three nights and did end up in the new tower after one nights stay. The rooms are differently worth the upgrade to stay there. It is not worth the money to stay in the lodge.
The casino itself is okay not Vegas quality. Don't expect to win big. I spoke with one gentleman that won in a tournament but it was 4000.00 in free play not real money.
This trip was just a HUGE disappointment. Don't believe everything you read or see on their website. I think it is worth maybe one nights stay. They are continuing to built on so I think this is why you can't win. Went and ate at Gilley's, Butterfields and the 50's diner. The diner was the best for the food and the money.
If I do go back it would only be for the pool area which is Great. But I would learn how to sneak in my own drinks. The staff in the hotel are very pleasant. I know the next time I will just save my money and go to Vegas

Room Tip: Pay more to stay in the tower. Don't stay at the Lodge rooms to small and to far from everything...
16 Thank Angela L
Angela,
We are so disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you had while staying with us. The experience you described is not the high quality of service we strive for our guests. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may gain further information regarding your stay. My email is kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been going to Choctaw for many years now. For some unknown reason to me, they have stopped offering their regular customers complimentary rooms on either the weekdays or weekends. "I've talked to about 50 regulars that this has happened to." Their current rates for platinum players is 89.00 during the week and 189.00 on weekends. Most of the people that I know got fed up with their total lack of respect for their regulars and have started going to Winstar. If you are not a club player then the rates are significantly higher.

If you use either Priceline or Hotwire you can usually get a very nice room in Durant for about 55.00 to 65.00 per night. Up until about 3 weeks ago, the casino provided free shuttle back and forth to the hotels in Durant. If you wanted to stay out late and not drive back in the dark or perhaps have a few drinks and not have to worry about driving it was all taken care of by the shuttles. They no longer offer that anymore except on Saturday nights and perhaps later on Friday nights.

Another major problem for me is that they are working on I75 north all the way from Allen to Sherman. Where it use to take 1 1/2 hours, it now takes 2 hours to sometimes 3 or 3 1/2 hours. Headed back south from Durant, they have started closing parts of I75 and making horrendous detours. Unless you have excellent eyesight this is NOT something you want to do at night. As you get closer into Allen they have really narrowed the road with barricades which is extremely dangerous while driving at night.

In the South end *the newest part of the casino" they even took out the drink services. You now have to either go to the bar to get a soft drink or wait and wait and wait for a server to go by and ask for a drink which of course you are expected to tip.

I know that a lot of folks complain about the smoke but with the new renovations I don't find that to be much of a factor.

The rooms are nicely appointed but it is time for them to change out the mattresses. They have become hard and lumpy. They did upgrade their pillows finally, where they used to be flat as a pancake they now offer two very comfy pillow types.

Whatever you do, do not stay on the 4th floor. There is so much noise from the roof top air conditioners, fans and construction work that you absolutely can not sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank girlgodiva
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We went there for the first time 2 yrs ago. We have come every month since at least once a month but usually 2-3 times a month and stayed two nights each time. We leave thousands behind each time. We used to hit small amounts here and there but lately it has just taken and not hit anything at all. My frustration is two fold. For people that are consistant in coming several times a month like we are, come play every slot tourney, etc. husband plays poker, I don't understand why this month, they dropped our hotel offer. We only get 5 in free play. It doesn't feel like good, consistant customers who spend money there are rewarded anymore. It has been my favorite place but I don't feel valued now. Winstar, that I haven't cared much for in a long time, sends 2 free nights, 10 in free play and a free buffet-their buffet is delish-and I spend less money there than Choctaw but I go to the places I get the hotel at so this month, winstar it is. Good customers should be given offers to keep their business.
Second is kids. Way too many of them. I don't know who in their right mind would ever bring kids to a casino but some doofuses do there. Their business center has only 3 computers and in summer and holidays it is filled with kids whose parents are using it as a babysitter. Not fair to the paying adults who really need to use it for business. there are two pools outside and a game room in the inn. There should be an 18 and older sign on that business center to preserve for the paying clients and at least some places kids aren't. In shreveport, all their casinos entrances are closely guarded with guards making people show id's to make sure they are of age. ALL of them do. Here, there are people strolling babies thru the casino, dragging toddlers around. Not cool. I want to keep this my favorite place but to keep losing and having my offers taken is just sending me to shreveport and winstar where I still get them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank diane l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!