“First time Choctaw Hotel guest” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Choctaw Casino Resort

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Dallas
“First time Choctaw Hotel guest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Drove in from the Dallas area to spend one night at the Choctaw Tower for anniversary celebration with my husband. It was my first visit to since the pool renovations. The pool area is excellent and very resort-like...but way too many kids. My husband had not visited in a very long time because he plays the tables and he hates paying the tax per hand. He was very surprised at how nice and spacious Choctaw is now All the staff were extremely courteous and friendly, especially the front desk clerk at check in. We had a room on the top floor which was very quiet until the train came by...which was often. Not much of a view but a very nice room w/frig.Very updated, especially the bath. The room was very clean but a little stingy w/towels.We had lunch at the Blue Moon Cafe and the service and food were excellent.Dinner was in the Tomatillo Mexican Grill. It was just ok. Enjoyed our stay and plan to return soon. Wish they would stop the table tax so my husband would be willing to come here instead of driving to Louisiana.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gcox915
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest. Have a great day.
Kat DeCaire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean and up to par. The rooms were very nice and I wS treated like I was suppose to be. There are several restaurants to eat at that were all excellent. Best place to stay in the area. I will most certainly stay here again. Also the gambling is fun.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you, Benjamin. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed yourself and look forward to your next stay at Choctaw Casino Resort.
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

OK…You will not believe this about Choctaw Casino...it's turned out to be KID CENTRAL, not much for Gamblers anymore; I usually get a free room to come and gamble my $300 to $500 slot gambling nightly budget in their monthly mailers. I get the same offer from Winstar and the Casinos in Shreveport, Lake Charles and Tunica. I just wanted to drive up to Choctaw for 1 night and play some slots since they are only about a 45 min drive. I never play table games here because of the stupid 50 cents a hand, so I save the table game playing for Shreveport and Tunica or Lake Charles. Anyway, I called the players club to see why I didn’t receive my free room offer and my friend did not get one either…which we get every month and have for years; they stated they didn’t send any free room offers to their players for June. I was very surprised since I was just here in May and ended up gambling about $700.00 for the one night I was there. I stated that they aren’t offering any rooms to come here and gamble? I guess they only want the family people who bring all those kids and don’t gamble very much to come in the summer time and over run their pool area with kids…kids…and more kids. I had not wrote my review for May when I stayed the night due to being so busy, but the hotel tower is always so niche to stay in even though they are a little small for my feel. The room service food was really good for our breakfast and nice to have before we headed home. The new pool area is very nice and it’s still under construction in parts of it. I really like the deli area and you can always get a good deal any hour of the day. Most of the slots have gotten pretty tight to play and there are a few here and there you can play. I liked the swim up bar in the pool area and was glad they added another one. I am still extremely surprised that they don’t have a section for adults only…they use to have one and for some dumb reason they removed it…REALLY? Well, after calling for the June offer and seeing they didn’t mail them out to anyone, they can keep their “FAMILY” environment, I go to the Casino to GAMBLE…not pay a small $89.00 room rate and hang out in the pool all day with kids. They need to decide if they are going to be a Casino or a Family destination? You can’t be both, if you continue to try playing both side you will run off your bigger gamblers to Winstar which is a short drive from the DFW area too or the sister states of Mississippi and Louisiana where you don’t have to pay that stupid 50 cents a hand to play table games, I had pretty much stopped player poker here because you get no action and they barely have 3 tables running, Winstar and Horseshoe are better places to play poker.

Room Tip: If you want to go to an adult Casino...You might NOT want to go here during the Summer months, they...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
15 Thank CPetro1
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, 27 January 2015
Jenine,

We are so disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you had while visiting us. The experiences you described is not the high quality of service we strive for.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may gain further information regarding your stay. My email is: Vicki.rutledge@choctawcasinos.com.

Vicki
lubbock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

we stayed in the inn which was very nice! and if you're not going there to gamble to try and save the family farm but for entertainment, you will have a blast! we got good service at gilley's and 1832 (love that restaurant!) and from the bartenders everywhere we got cocktails. my only suggestion would be to work on your gift shop t-shirt selection with your logo on them, it was very limited in sizes and only one design to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank welovewkndtrips
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Welovewkndtrips too! Thank you for your amazing compliments and I've shared your suggestion with our Retail Manager regarding more logo t-shirts. We look forward to your next stay at Choctaw Casino Resort.
Gainesville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed in the Choctaw Casino Tower many times and have already upload photos of the room; this time I wanted to post a few photos of the remodeled pool area they have been working on for months and there is still an area they have not finished yet. I was actually glad to see they removed the large slide that was a huge kid draw, which I thought was weird for a Casino. This being an Indian Casino in Oklahoma they allow people to go in at age 18; therefore, I can see why they have a section for the teenagers and kids like the arcade. We try to avoid all areas where there are a lot of kids, which is mostly in the Inn and in the pool area during the day. If you go to the pool very early or during the later hours most of the kids are gone and you can enjoy it more. I am so surprised that this being mainly a Casino and they have a swim up bar, there is NO designated section for ADULTS ONLY. I am hoping that when the other section is open they make a section for adults only. Going to a Casino to gamble, eat and relax, the last thing I want to do is be in a pool where a lot of kids are splashing and annoying the adults that come to gamble. I hope they rethink a section for this for the true patrons they are trying to get here. The other part that kind of bothered us is with this being a 24 hr Casino some of the shopping and restaurants were closed all day Monday and Tuesday. This is so strange to me with as busy as it would be during the summer all 7 days a week; seems like to me they are missing out on revenues. I was also glad to see they opened up the parking in front of the tower area where you didn’t have to go all the way to the back in the parking garage. Overall, we did enjoy the room and customer service was very nice from everyone we encountered.

Room Tip: For adults that don't bring kids try to stay in the tower in a high room; the Inn and lower towe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Karen L
Karen,
I always enjoy reading your reviews and love the picutures. Thank you for your suggestions, I'm happy to share them with our Management Team. We look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest.
Have a great week.
Choctaw, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Got the last room available on a Thursday night and was able to use our AAA discount. Room was very comfortable and clean. Only drawback was the constant whirring of the power generators outside our room on the third floor... and our view of those generators. Casino has lots of game choices, but like many others didn't pay out much. Take your earplugs to sleep and money to spend on the games and you'll have a good time.

Room Tip: Choose something away from the third floor because of the generator noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
OklahomaGma5,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Those are great room tips. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay even with the inconvenience of the generators. Please come visit us again soon.
North Richland Hills, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I recently visited and spent the night at Choctaw Casino in Durant, Oklahoma. The Hotel (Tower) is very nice and clean. The little white Buffalo soap is a nice touch for customers. The staff at Choctaw is very nice and tries to help in every way. We ate at the Buffet and it was wonderful - much better than the Win Star buffet. Complete seafood menu during the week, including crab legs, Win Star has stopped crab legs during the week. The Casino slots are to tight, not many wins. However, better than Win Star slots. It is shame that slots are not like they were four years ago. It is a shame that Choctaw has started limiting its comps - free meals and hotel stay. Beautiful pools and interesting area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side are quieter and a little better view than I-75.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Glenn C
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Glenn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your insight and hope that you will come visit us again soon. Have a great 4th of July!
Kat DeCaire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
BEST WESTERN Markita Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!