“Fabulous Resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Madill, Oklahoma
“Fabulous Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

What a friendly place! Took 3 grandchildren, ages 5, 7, and 10 for two nights. From check-in to check-out all staff went out of their way to help us have fun! We rented the family cabana in the pool area and spent 11 hours in our swim suits. The various pools and games entertained us all day and into the night. The grandchildren said it was like being in Hawaii! We stayed in the Tower and the room was beautiful, clean, and very comfortable. This is a fun resort and very family friendly. We will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the east have less road noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mar5177
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you very much! We greatly appreciate the opportunity to have you and your family as our guests. We look forward to your next stay. Hawaii, Shma-waii...Choctaw is where it's at!
Kat DeCaire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed and played for three nights. The casino is beautiful! I won every night which is always a plus! There are a lot of slots I haven't seen at Winstar or Commanche Red River Casino. Oklahoma casinos are my favorite. There are about 7 restaurants as well. The waitstaff at on the casino floor are not very good but hopefully that will improve. We stayed in the grand tower. The rooms are really nice and comfortable. The staff is helpful and friendly. The pool is absolutely amazing!!! There are three different sections with waterfalls, swim up bars, tanning ledges with tanning ledge chairs, and food you purchase poolside. At night around the pool there are tiki tour he's and fire pits lit up and it is beautiful. There is no adult pool which is a little bit of a pain but it was still OK. Why people take their kids to a casino is beyond me. This is a great Resort Hotel! We will go back very very soon!

Room Tip: Over looking the pool is a great view!
2 Thank Julie W
Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our Choctaw team. I'm very pleased to hear that you had an amazing time with us. We look forward to your next stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Lone Grove, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

What a Wonderful Experience! My Husband and I were given a one night stay for a mini vacation away from home. So Very Glad we did! Room was spacious - clean and comfortable. The Pool was Amazing with Hot Tubes that hit the spot. Staff was courteous and friendly. Will definitely be returning!

1 Thank J D
JD,
We greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for choosing Choctaw Casino Resort as your entertainment destination and we look forward to your next stay. Have a great weekend.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Second time to visit Choctaw. Went for a couple days last week. Had a great time! Great resort style swimming pool with swim up bar. I do wish they still had a pool area for adults only. I would definitely go back. Hang out at the pool during the day, eat dinner, then gamble in the evening. Never have to get in my car. Hotel tower was nice and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jamie B
Jamie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm happy to relay your suggestion about an Adult swim up bar to our management team. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Drove in from the Dallas area to spend one night at the Choctaw Tower for anniversary celebration with my husband. It was my first visit to since the pool renovations. The pool area is excellent and very resort-like...but way too many kids. My husband had not visited in a very long time because he plays the tables and he hates paying the tax per hand. He was very surprised at how nice and spacious Choctaw is now All the staff were extremely courteous and friendly, especially the front desk clerk at check in. We had a room on the top floor which was very quiet until the train came by...which was often. Not much of a view but a very nice room w/frig.Very updated, especially the bath. The room was very clean but a little stingy w/towels.We had lunch at the Blue Moon Cafe and the service and food were excellent.Dinner was in the Tomatillo Mexican Grill. It was just ok. Enjoyed our stay and plan to return soon. Wish they would stop the table tax so my husband would be willing to come here instead of driving to Louisiana.

4 Thank gcox915
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest. Have a great day.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean and up to par. The rooms were very nice and I wS treated like I was suppose to be. There are several restaurants to eat at that were all excellent. Best place to stay in the area. I will most certainly stay here again. Also the gambling is fun.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you, Benjamin. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed yourself and look forward to your next stay at Choctaw Casino Resort.
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

OK…You will not believe this about Choctaw Casino...it's turned out to be KID CENTRAL, not much for Gamblers anymore; I usually get a free room to come and gamble my $300 to $500 slot gambling nightly budget in their monthly mailers. I get the same offer from Winstar and the Casinos in Shreveport, Lake Charles and Tunica. I just wanted to drive up to Choctaw for 1 night and play some slots since they are only about a 45 min drive. I never play table games here because of the stupid 50 cents a hand, so I save the table game playing for Shreveport and Tunica or Lake Charles. Anyway, I called the players club to see why I didn’t receive my free room offer and my friend did not get one either…which we get every month and have for years; they stated they didn’t send any free room offers to their players for June. I was very surprised since I was just here in May and ended up gambling about $700.00 for the one night I was there. I stated that they aren’t offering any rooms to come here and gamble? I guess they only want the family people who bring all those kids and don’t gamble very much to come in the summer time and over run their pool area with kids…kids…and more kids. I had not wrote my review for May when I stayed the night due to being so busy, but the hotel tower is always so niche to stay in even though they are a little small for my feel. The room service food was really good for our breakfast and nice to have before we headed home. The new pool area is very nice and it’s still under construction in parts of it. I really like the deli area and you can always get a good deal any hour of the day. Most of the slots have gotten pretty tight to play and there are a few here and there you can play. I liked the swim up bar in the pool area and was glad they added another one. I am still extremely surprised that they don’t have a section for adults only…they use to have one and for some dumb reason they removed it…REALLY? Well, after calling for the June offer and seeing they didn’t mail them out to anyone, they can keep their “FAMILY” environment, I go to the Casino to GAMBLE…not pay a small $89.00 room rate and hang out in the pool all day with kids. They need to decide if they are going to be a Casino or a Family destination? You can’t be both, if you continue to try playing both side you will run off your bigger gamblers to Winstar which is a short drive from the DFW area too or the sister states of Mississippi and Louisiana where you don’t have to pay that stupid 50 cents a hand to play table games, I had pretty much stopped player poker here because you get no action and they barely have 3 tables running, Winstar and Horseshoe are better places to play poker.

Room Tip: If you want to go to an adult Casino...You might NOT want to go here during the Summer months, they...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
15 Thank CPetro1
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, 27 January 2015
Jenine,

We are so disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you had while visiting us. The experiences you described is not the high quality of service we strive for.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may gain further information regarding your stay. My email is: Vicki.rutledge@choctawcasinos.com.

Vicki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
BEST WESTERN Markita Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!