“Looked good outside but terrible on inside”

Quality Inn & Suites Durant
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Reviewed 22 July 2014

So very embarrassed that I reserved this room for family that had come in for a special birthday party for my husband. First impression when entering the room was the musty smell. The sheets had hair on them and when my daughter went to front desk, instead of them sending a housekeeper to change sheets, they handed her sheets for her to do the changing. Then the kids spotted the roaches. They told us that the door handle to the door was broken but it would lock and unlock. This reservation was booked 2 months in advance so I don't know why they had to give us a room with a broken door. The room was next to the outside door and it was never locked. Very poor security. Felt really bad when I learned all this the next day especially since my daughter was there with her two teenage girls. The cheep price was definitely no worth it for such a bad room.

Room Tip: We have stayed at Choice Hotels for years and this one is just not up the Choice Hotel Standards.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rayna S

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Here is how our two night stay at your hotel went: When we checked in, we were not greeted by the person at the first desk, he asked for my name and then asked for my driver's license. He handed us the keys and pointed upstairs to our room. When we got upstairs, we noticed that the a/c unit in the hall was not working. The unit at the end of the hall was blowing hot air. When we got to our room (205), we noticed that the door seemed to have previously been pried open as there were marks all over it.

The next morning at breakfast we were surprised to see that there were not enough seating for more than 10 people all together (there was four with myself and my family). There were only a few tables with one or two chairs at each one. There was some sort of conference room, but the door was blocked off with a table. The lady stocking the breakfast items was blatantly rude to fellow hotel guests. They were out of several of the items also and when some of the guests requested items, she was very snarky and rude. One time even banging two sleeves of coffee cups together when someone asked if there were any.

We left for the day and came back for a quick change before we were to meet family for dinner. When we got up to our room (the a/c was still not working), we noticed our key would not open the door. I left my family upstairs and went down to ask the desk attendant for assistance. There was no one at the front and I looked in the bathrooms, dining area, and down the hallways. No one to be seen. Several guests came to the front in need of various things and they were surprised when I told them there wasn't anybody there. It had been about 15 minutes and I went around and noticed housekeeping's door was open, but no one was in there. I also noticed the office door was open and like I thought, no one was in there either. I called the "Choice Hotels" number and could only get to a live person by selecting reservations. The first person I spoke with gave me a number to customer support and when I asked if someone would answer since it was after 5pm on a Saturday, she replied yes. This was not the case though and I got the recording. I called back and this time spoke with a gentleman. He told me that there was nothing that he could do and that if I wanted the stuff from my room that maybe I should call the police. By this time it had been over 45 minutes and several more guests had come around. I was just about to call the police when the desk attendant came back saying she had to clean a guests room. She didn't offer any apology and took my cards and re-keyed them. No offer to fix the situation was given, nor was I told why my cards didn't work in the first place. We ended up being over an hour late to our dinner.

The room I booked stated that it was two queen beds, but I am almost certain that those beds were not queen beds, but quite a bit smaller. We had a 1 year old with us, so that night my husband went down to the desk to get a crib. The person told him that it was over at the Hampton Inn and that they only had the one. We again were not offered anything to make this issue right.

The next morning I went to check out and handed the girl my cards. She asked how are stay was and when I replied "it could have been a lot better" she asked why. I told her about our stay and she said "hmmm, well I'm sorry about that....do you need a receipt?"

I am so disappointed in the customer service at this hotel. I wish we would have spent the $40 extra and stayed in the Holiday Inn Express down the street. We have never been disappointed with them and have never had this horrible of customer service. I hope that you truly do something about this horrible experience we had. Maybe you should take down that sign that you keep at the front desk that says you will make things right, because in this case, that is not true.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jessgray0618
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Upon entering the room there are burn marks aka holes in our comforter. When brought to the front desks attention they said we know don't worry we won't charge you. If you know replace it. Second there are stains on the floor. Well lower prices you get lower ratings. Never ever again

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Started with noticing the door to our room did not shut firmly (but it would lock) and appeared to have been broken into previously. Toilet clogged and also would not stop running throughout stay (2 nights). Hotel staff could not be found at front desk during checkout. Older female employee in breakfast service sat watching TV the whole time we were there (both mornings) and would just point to things when people asked for something. If someone asked for something she had to go get or refill, she would sigh loudly...quite rude. Internet was basically non-existent. It continually dropped and would disappear for hours at a time. TV was similar...lots of fuzz and cutting out. We planned this trip with plenty of 'kick back' time at the hotel, and as such, this one was disappointing. I picked one of the cheapest, and that is exactly what I got.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have an elevator for the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed her for 3 days for a mini vacation.
The rooms are well appointed and clean with everything one would need (but not everything works as it should). Comfortable bed, coffee service in the room as well as the common area,frig,microwave,blow dryer, nice white clean towels.Overall a very nice and clean room......but for some reason,I did not have a phone in my room and the air conditioner made the most horrendous screeching noise,to the point that is was unusable. This is not the first room that I stayed in here that had that horrible sound from the air conditioner,

One night I came in late to find that my room card did not work, I waited over 45 minutes for someone to come to the desk, only to find out she was actually just sleeping in the back. Finally after saying HELLO very loudly numerous times I finally woke her up to fix my card. It wouldn't hurt to put a bell on the desk to ring.

Although, this is no fault of the hotel, the casino buses no longer run during the week days. That is a huge bummer for someone like me that can't see to drive well at night. Huge mistake the casino is making here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank girlgodiva
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were in town to attend a wedding. There was a gap in our hotel room door that we could see outside into the hallway through. The entire upper floor smelled bad. We are smokers but this was a bit ridiculous. We chose this hotel because a couple of weeks ago, we had to go to Slidell, LA to attend a funeral and stayed @ the Comfort Suites there. It was AWESOME so we thought we would have the same experience here....NOT EVEN CLOSE. Cody was working the desk when we checked out. He never even looked up from what he was doing when he asked what room number I was in. I told him and poured myself a cup of coffee. When I was done, Cody was gone. I stood there a minute, he never returned. I said....."Um....Is there anything else I need to do?" He yelled "No, you're done" from the back, (I assume, because I did not see him anymore) I know that if you mention someone's name, they get a $25 gift card, I am NOT mentioning Cody's name for him to get this gift card, in fact, I hope my review of him will STOP him from getting the gift card, that he in NO WAY deserves.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelley C
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed one night on a Thursday night. The hotel was very busy due to a rodeo in town. This hotel does not have an elevator to upper floor. Both the hotel and rooms were a bit dated. The next morning we went to the complimentary breakfast. There were a couple of warming trays but nothing in them. No meat items, no eggs. Just bread, jam and juice. There was a waffle iron but not waffle batter. People questioned the attendant in the breakfast area and she said she would do better tomorrow???? I saw one guest complain to the front desk and they just shrugged. DON'T ADVERTISE A COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST IF YOU DON'T PLAN TO SERVE ONE. Hotel was overpriced.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Choctaw Lodge
Choctaw Lodge
#6 of 9 in Durant

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Durant? Share your experiences!