“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Pocola, Oklahoma
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Without a reservation, I had checked at the towers and they were able to get a room for me at the lodge. Noticing my limp, they called ahead and asked if there was a first floor room availability but due to a concert that night, there wasn't. Arriving after 10 pm, security is nice knowing that the Front Desk clerk has control of Main door entry. I was reassured that the stairs were easily navigated (which they were). Security is a strong quiet presence for this lone lady traveler which put me at ease. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Room was cool upon my arrival - very welcome for a hot, tired traveler! Complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. but, juice coffee and hot chocolate offered 24 hours most welcoming.
James and Tony were nice to get to know with Tony ensuring that my folio was printed out correctly.
Thank you everyone.

Room Tip: I would think rooms away from the RR Tracks would be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gwendolyn C
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for your review, I am so glad the whole team was able to make your stay special. Thank you for mentioning Tony and James, we will pass on your thanks. I know they work hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I made my reservation 3 months ago on the casino website. I have never been here before, and did not know that you had this old hotel down the road. I was under the impression I was staying at the new hotel. Your website did not make that clear to me. I parked in the garage and checked in at the big hotel before I was told that I was not staying in it. I got a shuttle to the OLD hotel (and it is OLD), then walked back to the parking garage in 100 degree heat to get my car because I felt bad for not having any singles to tip the shuttle driver, and the front desk couldn't break a $20. I would have paid more had I known there was a difference. I am sitting looking out my window at the hotel I could have stayed in, and I'm so pissed about it that I can't sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kristy R
I am sorry this was your experience, we have did set up a separate website we did label our booking engine to try and stop this happening.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was my birthday weekend and we booked the room spur of the moment and we were not disappointed! They were booked at the casino so we decided to book a room for 2 days close to the casino. My husband is in the military and they gave him a great discount and a very nice, spacious room! When we walked in, we immediately smelled the cleanliness. The beds were nicely made and neat. We had a window view and we were pleasantly pleased. The first day, room service knocked on our door and asked if we needed anything (we did need clean towels) and they accomodated us. They even let us have a late checkout! We will return to this hotel in the future. My birthday weekend was a success, I am/was a happy camper! Thanks Tripadvisor!

Room Tip: The mirror in our room was fun but a little bit distracting. Overall, we enjoyed the room and our st...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are always glad to honor our brave service men and women both active and retired, it’s our way of saying thank you for keeping us safe. We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Lodge and we look forward to seeing you come back soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Great clean rooms and a huge pool w slide even for adults to enjoy. Casino isn't too smoky, restaurants feature great food and live music. Only way it could be better is to have an in room Jacuzzi tub!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Rubyscharm
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Can I get a hot tub!?! thank you for the review it made us all smile and actually one room at the Lodge does has a Jacuzzi :) We are excited you had a good stay and we all work hard to receive reviews like yours, thank you and see you soon we hope.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

It was great to have enough light to read in bed. Loved the mirror headboard.
Breakfast was good and enough sitting room.
Andy was very helpful at check in.
Walking distance to casino, but shuttle was always on time.

Room Tip: We did not use the Pool .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank harkei
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for coming to stay with us on your Vacation, we too like the light above the beds and we love the breakfast, this coming month we will be going back to our winter breakfast with bacon. Thank you for telling us how helpful Andy was and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon.
Pleasanton, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Positives first: Room is nice for a gambling trip. Very clean with updated amenities.
Bathroom Nice lighting soft towels. Low water pressure but good enough.
Three Negatives that would keep me from staying here again:
The first one cannot be fixed by motel so I do not blame them. TRAIN WHISTLE guaranteed to wake you up a minimum of two times per night.
Second item the night desk clerk is very friendly which is fine but if you happen to be staying on first floor near the desk this is what you hear loudly all hours of the night: “DID YOU ENJOY YOUR NIGHT DID YOU HAVE FUN"
Third item not too bad but needs improvement: They have a shuttle service that is fast to arrive when called at the motel. At the casino you will have to wait a little longer.
So if you must stay here get a room on the upper floors and on the west side of motel. That end of motel would be the farthest from train noises.

Room Tip: No romantic views. Pool is at main hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roger S
Thank you for your review, we glad that you came and stayed with us and enjoyed the Lodge.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was able to get a good rate at the lodge by booking about 3 weeks in advance.
Arrived around noon however room was not ready but I was able to get my arm band for the pool at the resort even though I was not able to check in
I was able to choose my floor at check in and was given a room at the end of the hall by the door so was very easily able to carry my items to the 2nd floor
Staff was excellent and manager took the time to explain the reservation system with me

Shuttles to the casino and back were always fast and reliable and the slots were great to me as well

Breakfast was a plus as well as complementary ice tea and coffee during the day
Where else can you go and pretty much stay for almost nothing

The only minor thing is it seemed like the shampoo, soup etc has changed in quality and there seemed to be less of it (ie no lotion for the dry hot weather) other than that it was perefect

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank john398
Thank you for your review, we are happy that you came back for another great stay. We are also very glad that you found the sweet tea; we placed that in the Lodge as we had guests asking for something different in the afternoons. Thank you for your review and we will see you soon I hope.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
BEST WESTERN Markita Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Quality Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Magnuson Hotel? Share your experiences!