“Powwow 2013”
Review of Choctaw Lodge

Choctaw Lodge
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was in town with my family for a powwow at the Choctaw Event Center and this lodge was pretty close. I was a little unsure where the motel entrance was from the road. In years past, I had driven through the casino/grand hotel parking lot to get to the lodge. Due to construction, I had to guess my way around the complex to the entrance. But that wasn't that big of a hassle. The check-in process was fairly easy, even though the credit card I was holding the room with was declined. It was fairly easy to pay with cash and put a deposit down (which was returned to me upon check-out). The did not have a microwave or refrigerator, but I didn't really miss it. The breakfast menu was good and we really appreciated the hot items. The room was a little warm. I was constantly fiddling with the controls trying to keep the fan on, but in the end it didn't make my stay completely unpleasant, just a little...warm. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Thin walls. Train noise on east side of building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed at the Choctaw lodge this past weekend and wanted to compliment the staff on making us comfortable. Krystalyne, who works the front desk was very helpful answering any questions that we had. We also were thrilled to be able to bring our little dogs. The breakfast was very filling and coffee was great. The 24 hour hot chocolate and juice was also nice..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marsha R
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Simply put, this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. Trains come by about 8-10 each night blowing the LOUD whistle each time. Was here 3 nights for WSOPC. They also never cleaned/serviced my room once. Count on no sleep, poor service, room w/ no fridge, no safe, and a total dump.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank awilbur77
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was the first time we have stayed at the lodge.The lodge was a microtel motel bought and refurbished by Choctaw. There are train tracks about 2 blocks away.They never bothered us but we heard them from the tower hotel. There is a pet fee of $25.00 a stay.We had no per sitter so we choice the lodge. We actually really liked it. Normally we do the tower but now the lodge we like the lodge. The rooms were comped so price was right. The lodge is not real close to the casino south end bldg 27.The casino runs shuttles constantly and from motel to casino was 2 to 3 minutes max. Morning breakfast is very good. If you work the coupons,comps,Sunday through Thursday stay the price is very reasonable. Always check you bill before leaving and if there is a problem bring to the attention of management immediately. If you have an unresdunresolved issue post it on Choctaw Facebook page and you will have fadst results. What you should remember is your there gambling and you don't spend a lot of time in your room. We are regulars at Choctaw and know who to contact if there is an issue and have utilized all of their facilities. The lodge is great,has been rehabed and very clean. Now the South casino is totally redone and open for business.

Room Tip: If you travel with a pet,take rooms on first floor 111 dbl queen,next to back exit and lobby.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank navye9
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

For the same price as the Inn, stay at the Inn or pay extra & stay in the Tower. The LODGE has SMALL rooms that have a stale cigarette odor. Furnishings seem new but there is no fridge and no microwave in room. You can hear your neighbors talk & the train is loud too. You can hear your upstairs neighbors too.
Breakfast has variety and not rushed.
Cleaning staff very nice. No elevators and there is a second floor.
They allow pets. Shuttle service was prompt & drivers were nice. I felt "disconnected" from the casino and very suffocated in the tiny room. Too loud and I'd rather put $$ in the casino than in the "tip jars" each time I use the shuttle.
Be sure you know your room charges upon check-in, show them your confirmation emails confirming your price and get a printout so you can be sure it will be the same price when you leave as mgmt is not too helpful and goes strictly by "what the computer says" which can end up tieing up funds in your account for days-week. Overall, don't expect the Tower quality or even the Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank wallyandjo613
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed here recently to attend a concert at Choctaw and enjoy the casino. First off the signage to find the place in the dark was highly lacking. We found the Inn at Choctaw and had to be redirected.
The staff we dealt with were all very nice. The room, though small, was very nice and had all we needed. Would like to see the comfort height toilets installed. They provide a shuttle to the casino, but we didn't use it. Breakfast was good to get us started.
The downfall is the paper thin walls. Our neighbor had the tv on all night and we couldn't sleep. We could also hear the neighbors on the other side when they were talking. The A/C didn't have a fan only setting to keep it running al night. If it did, it would've drowned out the neighbor. We maybe got 2-3 hours of sleep. We were just exhausted for the trip home. We did well playing at the casino so that was the saving grace. Next time, we'll plan on staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My mother and I had a girls night at the casino on November 29th. It was a busy weekend because of the Thanksgiving Holiday and the place was packed. We had managed to book a room at the Choctaw Lodge and were looking forward to staying there for the first time (we are already frequent guest of the Tower & Inn).

When we checked in, the front desk lady whose name I did not catch was very nice/friendly but distracted. I told her I had a free room coupon and she took it and checked us in. She asked for a debit or credit card for the $50.00 incidental fee that would be "authorized" on my card but would be returned to the card once we checked out. Since we have stayed at the tower many times before I knew the drill. I handed over my card and signed the paperwork.

When I checked my bank account on Monday morning, my account had $321.00 pending. I called my bank and they said it was being held for the Choctaw Lodge and they told me to call them to get the funds released. I called and spoke with a lady at the Choctaw Lodge who explained to me that my card and accidentally been authorized for the full cost of the room even though it should have been free. She explained that there was nothing she could do for me and that it would take up to one week for the money to be credited back to my account. She suggested that I call back the next day and speak to a Manager at the Tower.

So today I spent my lunch break on the phone with a desk clerk at the Tower. She also explained that the billing department told her there was nothing they could do to help get my money back to me sooner. I asked to speak to a Manager and was put on hold for 30 minutes. I eventually had to end the call to return to work. No one has called me back or resolved my issue.

I have bills scheduled to be paid as it is the first of the month and now I am in jeopardy of those checks being bounced because my money is being held by the Choctaw Lodge. I am very dissatisfied with the customer service I received and believe someone should have been able to help me.

This was a mistake made by the Choctaw Lodge and they should have made it right for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lindsey V
Englishhogg, General Manager at Choctaw Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest, we are sorry this happened and I know that we have spoken and fixed this for you already but I wanted to say sorry in a public way. We should not have done this and it was an honest error. Thank you for telling us how we got this wrong and allowing us to fix this situation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Choctaw Lodge? Share your experiences!