“One night stand”

Reviewed 1 March 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Toni F
Jim T, Owner at Best Western Markita Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

There are newer reviews for Best Western Markita Inn

Reviewed 13 January 2013

There aren't many hotels in the area, but I have stayed in 3. Best Western is a dump! We had to stay there because it was a last minute decision. The hotel is very old. Front desk was retro! The building is 2 stories with no elevator (of course), so if you have a lot of luggage, make sure you request the 1st floor. The room came with a fridge and microwave oven, but I had to unplug the latter because it started to beep in the middle of the night. The sheets were old and thin and it was 30 outside so we had to turn on the heat. When I sat at the desk I could feel a strong draft from underneath the door. The pillows were very thin and I found them very uncomfortable. The towels were hard, and I literally screamed every night in the shower because the water suddenly turned cold. It could be because the hotel was full but again, it was 30 outside. The only thing that was new in the room was their showerhead, although I found their carpet rather clean too. I didn't try their breakfast because I couldn't believe it would be good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank I_Am_Methodical

We appreciate the time you took for your review. We are an older hotel but do frequent updates and renovations to our property. We have new carpet, Sealy Posturpedic mattresses, and granite countertops. We have several more updates planned in the near future. We apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Upon arrival, I was greeted by the nicest lady that I have ever dealt with at a hotel/motel. She was very friendly and helpful. I wish I had gotten her name. She was helpful with directions to a particular resturant that I was looking for. Later in the evening, I realized that I needed distilled water for my cpap. She looked and looked for bottled water, but didnt have any. A short walk across the street to the store and I had what I needed. Over all and excellent stay. Clean room and comfortable bed. Will stay here on my next trip to Durant!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert A
Jim T, Owner at Best Western Markita Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review. We know that you have many options when traveling and thank you for choosing us for your hotel needs. Our staff is dedicated to outstanding customer service and it is nice to hear that you had such a good experience with our clerk. We are also in the process of several updates to our rooms. We hope you have a chance to come back soon and enjoy them. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We were on uur motorcycles heading sout to back home to Texas. The weather was horrible, started raining and the wind. After stopping here and asking if rooms were available we decided to stay for the night and get dried off. Nancy at the front desk, was great. She offered us a couple of extra towels, told us about the dryer for our wet clothes. The rest of the staff was great too, I just don't remember their names. The room was quiet and clean and dry, just what we needed. The breakfast on Sunday morning was great and if you have chance the waffles with pecans are great. This will definitely stay on my list of places that we will stay at on our next travels through Oklahoma. Theninternet wasn't working at thetime, but that happens sometime and there was a Mcdonald's a couple of doors down for free wifi. Not a big deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eyerish33
Jim T, Owner at Best Western Markita Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and for your patience with the internet during your stay. The problem turned out to be $1000 worth of equipment, including a switch and new wire. It took us several days for the repair company to get in the parts and repair the line. We are finally back up!
We really enjoyed your stay with us. Please stop again next time you are traveling through our area.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is an older hotel, but fresh paint, clean carpet, GREAT service. We requested a smoking room, on the ground floor, and we have a big truck. They gave us a room right by the truck parking, and there were a few thoughtful things I want to mention. There was a 4 plug outlet on the laptop desk, which was nice. I usually have to hunt for outlets to plug in phones, laptop, etc. There was a freshly laundered bagged blanket in the drawer, a laundry bag for soiled laundry, just little things like that that really helped. The rate was reasonable, and they DO have designated truck parking. I would recommend this hotel, and if we get that way again, will stay there. Many restaurants within walking distance also.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Kathy C

Thank you so much for all your kind comments. We are constantly updating our hotel and trying to give our guests the most pleasant stay possible. We appreciate your review and your business. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We are roadtripping through and just happened to stop in Durant. It was a great rest stop! Lots of restaurants around, and Best Western was the best deal we found in town for a place to stay. Further down one way were slightly cheaper and lesser quality hotels, and down the other way are more expensive hotels (we didn't ask about the quality difference, but felt that we didn't need to shell out more bucks when we found Best Western more than adequate). This was a great middle option for us. The WiFi was good and strong, nice showers, big flat screen TV. They gave us a good room on the first floor which was nice for us with our bags. There is a small exercise room with some nice looking machines, but we didn't try them out.

The staff were super friendly and helpful, answering all our questions and directing us to the best restaurants in town. (Roma Italian, by the way, is the best! We ate there last night and the food is incredible, with live saxophone music too. We kept asking ourselves, How did this restaurant get HERE?)

We haven't had breakfast yet but our voucher for the Waffle Shoppe next door says, "2 eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns toast or biscuit, coffee or sm juice OR $3 value towards any other breakfast." That's a pretty good breakfast to me!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SendyW
Jim T, Owner at Best Western Markita Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

We would like to thank you for your compliments. We strive to educate our staff through training to be the best they can be. We are glad to see you had a positive experience with us. Jim, the owner or Romas, is my friend but he does have the best Italian food for the price in this part of the country. If you are ever in our area again, we would love to have you back.
Jim Thorpe, owner

Reviewed 25 December 2011

Stayed only one night in spa suite. Only reason we didn't stay longer is that they don't accept pets and the dogs had to stay in the truck overnight and it was still very warm. The room was very clean, staff very friendly. Great hotel if you don't have pets.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charmaine C
Jim T, Owner at Best Western Markita Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Thank you for staying with us at BEST WESTERN Markita Inn! We appreciate your comments. We take pride in our staff and provide them with the best training possible to try to ensure excellent customer service. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Quality Inn & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison

Been to Best Western Markita Inn? Share your experiences!