“If you just want to get by... Average at best”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Edmond
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for a wedding. We were put in the extra building across the hotel. I am proud of for the former drug users at the mini-convention who are staying sober, but getting by them and their tables to the room was always a chore. AC in hallway was great, but the one in the room - not so much. Constantly hot. Parking is manageable. Breakfast was a little weak, so we opted to go elsewhere (and we usually eat at hotel). The price was okay, but there are much better deals in Edmond.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the main hotel and not across the parking lot
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Our stay at this Sleep Inn was not quite up to the quality & service typical at other Sleep Inns. Upon check in, the clerk was very short (I believe we may have interrupted a personal phone call) & once we were given our key we had ask directions to our room. He seemed put out that he had to direct us to our room in a hotel we'd never been in before.

Our room was clean & made up well but seemed a little on the small size for a queen/double room. There was only a shower in the room which would've been fine if the light in the shower worked. I did let the man at the front desk know our light wasn't working shortly before we left for several hours that evening. He said he would check it out & have it working when we returned. It had not been fixed when we returned.

The best part of our stay was the hot breakfast. Waffles, eggs, sausages, etc. The lady working the breakfast was very friendly & probably the hardest working person in the hotel. She was more of a professional than anyone else we encountered.

The location of this hotel is convenient for my visits to Edmond but I did notice another hotel was being renovated down the street. Once it is open, I would probably try it mainly because of the poor front desk customer service at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel friendly staff clean rooms great area,safe we stayed here for awhile til we got an apartment. Enjoyed the big tub in the suite. Nice indoor pool and hot tub. Close to good restaraunts Edmond is a nice place

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hookiemomma
Reviewed 24 May 2014

When I walked into the door of the Sleep Inn, I was greeted by an older man. He was very nice and helpful. The lobby was very nice and attractive. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, and an assortment of cold items. The room had a few issues though. The light switch was busted up badly, the room smelled badly of chemicals, and the night stand was cluttered with too much stuff. I stayed on the 2nd floor. The carpets in the public areas were DISGUSTING! There were black stains that appeared to be from water damage. The business center was missing a computer. there was random furniture next to the computer desks, and the elevator was loud, which is obviously something that can't be fixed. The staff again was kind and helpful, but the carpets need to be shampooed. The damage is even worse on the 3rd floor. I will be back, but hope to see cleaner public areas.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 18 share a wall with the elevator. Choose one in the 00-15 range.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

From arrival, a truly memorable experience for all the wrong reasons. The room reserved on the Sleep Inn site promised a Jacuzzi master room. We were handed keys in a packet with a 1/2 x 1.5 inch micro note giving the Internet information. We grabbed the elevator near check in only to find our room was not in the same building...after a few minutes of confusion. Arrival at the room we were greeted with a dirty carpet and one shower stall in a room furnished as you would expect in a cheap hotel. Asked where the Jacuzzi is and was told "those guys at the site always get it wrong, you can use the hot tub at the pool.

As we were checking in a team of young men were also. The clerk yelled at them not to take the fruit or juice in the lounge area because it was for breakfast and to remember it is quiet time after 10 pm. These were college age athletes! And for goodness sakes don't leave food out if you intend for it to not be available..for that matter what is so bad about refrigeration for storage.

And it gets better. The room key does not let you into the exercise room. So I trek across the parking lot to the lobby..cold and windy, to get a key. I was handed a credit card type key with a sticker on it that said exercise room and told in a stern gestapo like voice to return it immediately when we were finished with the room. He issued another key to the guest behind me. Story continues..the key won't work. At this point I just took the precious key back to the desk.

We were entertained through the night with the sounds of a nearby freight train. Restful sleep will require a change of venue.

Insults over--nope. Go to the cheap breakfast and an new even grumpier clerk stares at us over his reading glasses as we go into the room. As we leave he asks for our room number and just exactly when we are checking out. I guess he was concerned we had stolen his cold biscuits and gravy and lukewarm coffee.

All in all, nothing except location and a conference we were attending to recommend this glaring example of how bad a cheap hotel can be. Next time I will stay in a Marriott property and drive to the conference...and I doubt there will be sufficient parking at this hotel for commuters.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the hall away from the street and train. Better yet stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fkg
Michael B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to take the time to sincerely apologize for the multitude of issues you’ve experienced during your stay with us and also thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I have addressed your check in experience with the front desk associates. You should have received more information upon check inn as directions to your room. In regards to the hotel furniture, I’m disappointed to hear you were not pleased with the accommodations as all of our rooms have brand new furniture in them. I’m terribly sorry for the misleading information on our website. This property does not have Jacuzzi suites. We are currently working on having this information removed from our site. I can see how misleading and frustrating this could be. Unfortunately our hotel is located relatively close to the train, I can see how this could be bothersome and I’m terribly sorry you were unable to get a good night’s rest due to this. I’m sure the final straw was encountered during breakfast; it is extremely disappointing to hear these items were cold. This is a complaint I’ve never had here before I can ensure you this is being addressed.

We pride ourselves on great, individualized, customer service and that is not at all what you experienced. Our number one goal is to ensure our guests receive nothing less than stellar service. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your concerns with us. The problems are being addressed. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email if there is anything I can assist you with. Again, your patience in this matter has been greatly appreciated and I hope your next stay is more pleasant. Have a great day!

Thanks,

Michael Buerger

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were pleased with our stay at this hotel. Spacious rooms, price was good, helpful employees and beds were good. Restaurants close by. We stayed two times lately and would stay there again. Breakfast was the usual one for Sleep Inns. There is a main building and an annex.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kansascem
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My daughter is attending university in Edmond. As Canadians, we hadn't experienced American Thanksgiving or Black Friday and now we have!! My younger daughter and I flew down for a girls weekend. We have stayed in a number of Sleep Inns before. Check in was tough. There was one employee and he was very overwhelmed by the amount of people checking in at the particular time I arrived. It was at least 30-40 minutes until I was able to check in. That process was smooth. Our room was a double/queen room. It was clean and well equipped but man was it small! I have never been in a room this small. We settled in. My older daughter went to the desk to retrieve the key for the fitness room to use in the AM. I was up first and asked for directions to the fitness room. It was a different front desk attendant than the night before. She informed me that my daughter had been given the wrong key. I received the correct key and worked out in the small but adequate fitness room.
At this time, I asked if we could be moved to a suite for our remaining three nights. The female clerk said that the hotel was undergoing renovations and she did not have any suites open but she would ask her manager when he arrived later that AM. She promised to call me which she did but they were unable to move us. I understood.

Breakfast was fine, never seemed busy and the food was fresh. The second night I took a chance to see if someone had cancelled and we could receive a suite. The same clerk that checked us in and gave us the incorrect fitness room key checked his computer and said indeed there was a suite available for our last two nights we could move at 3:00 the following day. We packed up before we left for bargain shopping. I checked back with the same clerk at 1:30 that day and he said yes it was just being cleaned and to come back at 3:00. I did so and a different clerk, I believe the manager was on duty. He informed me in no uncertain terms that there were no suites available at all as they were undergoing renovation. OK, I did not lose my cool but I was very frustrated as we had packed up. He clicked around on his computer, I believe trying to get us at least adjoining rooms and then said he would call me in a my room to let me know what he could do. He did not call. I decided to not sweat the small stuff and enjoy my weekend with my daughters.
I may return to the property but would book a suite for sure if there were more than two people. I do believe the hotel needs to do some customer service training and maybe staff a little differently during peak times. The price was more than fair and the Outback on the parking lot is a nice perk.

Room Tip: For sure book the suite if you have more than two people in your party!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank brett2216
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmond
Best Western Edmond Inn & Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Edmond
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edmond
#40 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Hampton Inn Oklahoma City/Edmond
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!