“Food Poisoning”

Ranked #179 of 313 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Mexican
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Used to eat here all the time ! But about 2 months ago we found out our neighbor got Food Poisoning after eating there! We will Never eat there again!

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Two very different experiences-Good and Horrible”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My family and I have visited Habanero's twice since March. The first time we went we had the veggie quesadilla and a burrito with a side of black beans. Everything we had, especially the salsa and black beans, was very tasty. The black beans were perhaps the best I've had at a restaurant. The second time we went to Habanero's everything, and I mean everything, was either tasteless or downright vile. I ordered the fish tacos the second time around and was greeted by a concoction that was nearly vomit-inducing. The fish smelled "off" and after one bite I put it down and was unable to continue with my meal. My girlfriend's veggie quesadilla was cold and swimming in grease and her side of black beans (previously the best we have had at a restaurant) tasted like they had drained a can of black beans, washed them, and thrown them in a bowl. When the waitress noticed we had not eaten very much of our food she alerted the manager and he came to our table to inquire about our meal. We explained our surprise at the awful taste of the food and he was very apologetic and comped our meal. He pleaded with us to come back another day and give them a second chance. It was very good customer service by a genuinely remorseful professional. Kudos to the manager Lance. We have yet to go back but we probably will in the near future just to find out which was the true Habanero's.

• Visited April 2012
Guthrie, Oklahoma
“What happened?”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We used to go to Habaneros quite often when it was across the street. I don't know if new owners took over, or what, but something bad happened in the transition. No flavor, cold food. I really hate it, too. It used to be really good. Spent $30 for two of us, and couldn't eat half of it.

• Visited March 2012
“Not too Shabby”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Food was good, service was ok. The manager was very nice. He wanted to make sure we enjoyed our lunch. I especially loved the fried ice cream.....hmmmmm.

• Visited September 2011
Oklahoma
“Food was terrible!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have been to Habaneros several times and the food used to be decent. I just went to their new location to get take-out. The fajita salad was very bland, they left off the guacamole and sour cream that I ordered and paid for. The tortilla soup was not edible. They changed their recipe which used to be pretty good. It looked and tasted like someone had already eaten it and it had come back up. I couldn't eat more one small bite. I was very disappointed and won't be going back.

Visited February 2012

Been to Habaneros Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!